Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East & East Anglia Regional Weather Discussion 24/12/13

Snowangel-MK

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

Yellow Alert of Rain for London & South East England :

Brighton and Hove, East Sussex, Hampshire, Isle of Wight, Portsmouth, Southampton, Surrey, West Sussex & Kent

Spells of rain affecting the UK late Thursday and Friday are expected to be heavy at times with 10 to 20 mm expected to fall quite widely. Locally in excess of 30 mm is likely over parts of Wales, Northern Ireland and southern England whilst more than 40 mm are expected locally over Scotland and northern England.

The public should be aware of the potential for disruption; especially where ground is already saturated and where high winds are combined with heavy rainfall. Please watch for updates to this warning over the coming days, especially those who have travel plans.

Issued at:

1114 on Tue 24 Dec 2013

Valid from:

0005 on Fri 27 Dec 2013

Valid to:

1800 on Fri 27 Dec 2013

Another deep area of low pressure is expected to develop over the Atlantic Ocean mid-week, bringing another spell of wet and windy weather across the UK as it tracks northeastwards past northwestern Britain later on Thursday and during Friday. Snowmelt over higher ground in Scotland will increase the contribution to river catchments here.

Relative to recent storms that have affected the UK, Friday's depression is looking less intense and the extent of associated impacts are currently thought to be less widespread and less severe. However, at this stage there remain some uncertainties concerning the track and depth of this storm and this warning will be re-assessed and updated over the coming days.

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/public/weather/warnings/#?regionName=se&from=rss&sn=6FF48414-193C-D6B4-AEB3-2421BD6D0713_1_SE&tab=warnings&map=Warnings&zoom=5&lon=-3.50&lat=55.50&fcTime=1388102400

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snowy or sunny but not too hot!

Good afternoon everyone,

I just wanted to pop into this thread to say how much I enjoy reading everyone's comments on it, being a very friendly place to be.

Here is wishing you all a very Merry Christmas and all the best for the New Year.

Regards

Dave

• Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow events / Wind storms

Got a few presents that need to be chilled, (hampers with cheese) they are too big for the fridge so are going outside, any rain for the south east expected over xmas evening? :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: As long as it's not North Sea muck, I'll cope.

LOL the Joys of the wilds of Norfolk!

Result! Drinking in the Rose and Crown in Snettisham, using their WiFi. Superb pub too! Bliss. :)
  • Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and Thundery, Cold and Snowy

Fridays low could prove to be just as bad IMO. Looking like a slight southward trend on the latest GFS run. Will be similar scenarios to what we had last night judging by the current output.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Cold & Snowy

Fridays low could prove to be just as bad IMO. Looking like a slight southward trend on the latest GFS run. Will be similar scenarios to what we had last night judging by the current output.

Not seeing it myself at the moment, isobars slacker than last nights.

Posted

happy xmas to 1 and alll..............dont get to drunk...iam not going to get drunk at alll no ,never everPosted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image ...glad every 1 is safe after yesterdays s strom the A3 was madness last night ,happy the weahter is a tab more settled.Posted Image

• Like 2

Posted

Not seeing it myself at the moment, isobars slacker than last nights.

More runs needed, unexpected shortwave could crop up such as last night.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

I have tickets to Winter Wonderland on Friday, in Hyde Park...they cancelled Monday's event due to high winds and rain...I suspect we won't be goingPosted Image

Posted

right last night was bad. lost 4 fence panels and one of our trees has lost a huge main branch. the 272 just outside of newick is flooded by the river uck which is very high and flooding the road

Edited by Tom Jarvis

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

More runs needed, unexpected shortwave could crop up such as last night.

Funny how 'shortwaves' never scupper mild weather?

• Like 1

Posted

Funny how 'shortwaves' never scupper mild weather?

I know! Just wish I could concrete the Atlantic over at times...

Posted

Posted Image

starting to look better for coldies

from the 1st onwards

with precipitation dropping as well Posted Image

have a guess what my ramp chart is

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

merry christmas courtesy of gfs p17 run Posted Image

• Like 3

Posted

In Wadhurst today. Power was off from 2am to 3pm. The drive across from East Grinstead was eventful. Many trees down every dip was flooded. The Medway at Ashurst was a 1/4 mile wide in parts - normally 12 ft. This was twice as bad as St Jude IMHO.

Posted

Agree with you Barbel. Max gust I personally got from Jude was 63mph and I got that last night but with several hours of 50+ mph made it much worse. Added to this the flood warnings in the South East. I agree that some people had higher gusts during Jude but it was a relatively small area and pretty short lived.

Any further rain in the next few days is going to cause problems here.

Edited by Sussex Jules
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, Storms and epic cold snowy winters

Evening all. Just wanted to wish you all an absolute smashing christmas, I think you all deserve a massive drink to restore the nerves from last nights event. Hopefully be on a bit laterPosted Image 

Posted Image

Edited by Jason T
  • Like 6

Posted

i took this  from another  site sounds  not to  good down kent  at the moment

KFRS took over 600 weather related calls last night! I've just been out to another fire in Ramsgate (had to take a diversion due to unsafe building), and crews were telling me they've been absolutely non-stop. They've had to send Fire Officers in their cars to some incidents, because they just didn't have enough pumps available.

As things stand right now, Kent Police have reportedly declared the countywide flooding a major incident, and as such, Firefighters taking part in tonight's planned strike action, have been recalled.

Latest report is that parts of Tonbridge Town Centre are being evacuated due to serious flooding.

• Like 1

Posted

Indeed Tiny dreadful there is also problems in Leatherhead in Surrey. Dreadful thing to happen on Christmas Eve. There is 1 severe food warning, 54 flood warnings and 95 flood alerts. Awful.