Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scotland - Regional Discussion - 23/12/13 >>>

lorenzo

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: crystal cold man!

Man this is an anti climax so far, although my neighbor twice attempted the A9 south which has been shut well...twice!!  Im away over the glen to pick up a sofa, best do it today as i wont get out tomorrow for all the snotty nosed little , i mean kids on new bikes  .... :)

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Winter Storms, Heatwaves.

Oh well I must say I'm disappointed as was expecting a lot more than we got today. I guess the Met Office must have had only that Yellow warning for a reason. Oh well at least everyone is safe. Merry Christmas everyone Posted Image

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: where's my vote?

Just sleety and blawy here. Hmph. T dropping. Now 2.7 from a high of 4.

Done all my veggies though (in charge of main) and ducks now roasting for Christmas dinner (24th in French households).

Man I hate peeling sprouts. In fact I don't even like sprouts that much and Mrs SS doesn't like them at all. So why the f**k am I cooking them in the first place.

EDIT.

I see Soutra's gone.

I'll have 'em. Toss em up this way when you've trimmed em Posted Image .. God's food.

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Crystal Clear High Pressure & Blue Skies

Not long to wait for the next storm to chase #Erich this time - Another wonderful name from the FU Berlin folks..

Would be nice if UKMET had a similar scheme then we could get some colloquial cyclone names.. Wonder how this one is shaping up on the still vigorous jet profile, soon find out on the 12z..

Posted

Well sad to report that most of the heavy snow that fell Sunday/Sunday night has been melting slowly away all last night and today so far, there are still patches.

I thought by now we would be in white out blizzards, but no real precipitation except for a few flurries and some sleet.

Could this be because the system is stable and is taking maybe a bit longer to cross Scotland?  Or is it not going to cross and are the fronts not going to push that much eastwards or are the temps just too mild?

Some one must know?  Or maybe elevation is not high enough?

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: well it depends.. just not haar!

SS when yer finished doing those sprouts come doon here and do mine please. We had our first xmas dinner yesterday (my birthday is the excuse) the second one today, and the third one is tomorrow.

Need to make another trifle though - we et the first two.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Location: Maddiston , Falkirk, Scotland 390ft above sea level
  • Location: Maddiston , Falkirk, Scotland 390ft above sea level

Yes still no snow I  would have settled for a covering.The slightly milder air is due about midnight so no chance now...boo hoo.

Posted

Just aswell theres no wind in Dundee, Ryan Gauld would end up in Norway!! Not sure there will be much more precipitation for Midlothian, only had 1 sleety shower today, and a few spots here and there.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: where's my vote?

SS when yer finished doing those sprouts come doon here and do mine please. We had our first xmas dinner yesterday (my birthday is the excuse) the second one today, and the third one is tomorrow.

Well if you're in the mood, make double trifles - I can't be airsed with making them but one of my favourites. Swap you for the best Yorkshire (this is the only time those two words should ever occur in the same sentence) pudding this side of Penrith...

Still blowy and damp out but nice and warm in the kitchen. Mince pies vanishing fast...

Edited by Hairy Celt
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

Shouldn't that be 'sproots', mardatha?Posted Image

Merry Christmas to all those in Scotty!Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image 

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: well it depends.. just not haar!

Nooo...sprouts are sprouts and doon is doon. Sproots would be like calling you No TimeTwo Louse Posted Image

HC if I made two trifles then we wid just eat two trifles.. and yorkshire pudding is something I've never tasted, not sure why.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

Nooo...sprouts are sprouts and doon is doon. Sproots would be like calling you No TimeTwo Louse Posted Image

HC if I made two trifles then we wid just eat two trifles.. and yorkshire pudding is something I've never tasted, not sure why.

Ta...Tha mi duilich, tha mi Sassenach, Marthada ! Nollaig wotsit to y'all!Posted Image Posted Image 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wP8A9rtg0iI

• Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy or warm and dry

I thought it was supposed to be calm on Boxing Day but with all the talk of sprouts I'm not so sure. I'm one of the few people that actually like sprouts it seems, provided they ain't cooked to a mush.

Still very windy here but no worse than its been previously this month. My folks got here from central belt earlier and said it was windy but not too bad a journey considering. Worst bit was around about Perth they said. Only one real heavy shower of snow this morning but dry since. I hope everyone has a great Christmas, and that everyone has power to cook their dinners.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summers Snowy Winters Stormy Autumns

fair play to Hiya who has called this spot on.......maybe like to share the met office and your secrets :) been fairly tame here like many although sounds different up north.....onwards to Friday storm watch

• Like 1

Posted

Violent sleet squall here which took the temperature down to 2c .Neighbours delivering cards were unheard because of this. Wiill have to apologise at New Year Bonfire

Wishing everyone a Merry Christmas with not too much tidying up to do tomorrow!!!!!!

Edited by Northernlights
  • Like 3

Posted

been to sleep for a couple of hours working tonight and over christmas and it's really

calm outside went to this and can now see what's

going on, which i had been trying to work out

http://earth.nullschool.net/#current/wind/isobaric/1000hPa/orthographic=-9.26,60.96,1216

Edited by milkmaid
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Location: falkirk, scotland, 16.505m, 54.151ft above sea level
  • Weather Preferences: dry sunny average summers and really cold snowy winters

back again.

not as windy out there as I thought it would have been but its still not nice to be out in and there is some stuff being blown over I've seen a downed tree and a few fences in bits.

the 6 o'clock initial chart still has some strong winds and tight isobars out west while pressure still 932mb so might go on for a while yet

post-18233-0-32217500-1387909236_thumb.g

one for the more knowledgeable in here can a systems gradient narrow as it fills out

Edited by Buriedundersnow

Posted

ECM 12z analysis had the storm at 928 although no charts I have seen from the ones posting got down to that we will maybe have to wait for future analysis to find out exactly what the pressure fell to

post-18233-0-54176000-1387909706_thumb.p

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms, gales. All extremes except humidity.

It is rajn in the valleys just now but the higher routes like Slocht and Glenogle have falling snow. However have a look at Drummochter on traffic Scotland live cameras just now if you want to see really heavy snow. North camera rather than South which shows nothing as the lense is covered.

Here a milder 4C but add in that wind chill. Brrrr!

Edited by Norrance

Posted

on  of a wintry note seen as we have seen some snow in places today the GFS 12z throws out a couple of nice charts.

this is similar to what I am looking towards didn't stick in this run but will see how we progress in future runs.

post-18233-0-90599000-1387911611_thumb.p