Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scotland - Regional Discussion - 23/12/13 >>>

lorenzo

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy or warm and dry

Still windy here but wheelie bins unscathed.

Remember BUS, if you don't go to sleep tonight Santa won't come. ;-) 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold and snowy in winter, a good mix of weather the rest of the time

We all started somewhere Posted Image The MOD is a perhaps daunting place to post so these quieter threads are a good place for such questions. Just read the forum guides and the MOD and you'll catch up quickly. If you follow the discussion it will eventually sink in... Although that tactic was not so successful for me with regard to the stratospheric predictions thread, they use big words there Posted Image

When I joined in 2009 this thread was very helpful in the sense that I could post my thoughts here without feeling 'stupid' or having my post get lost among hundreds of others during busy times. The learners area helps immensely, as does reading the MT (particularly either the in depth thread or going in during quiet times when the coldie/mildie arguments aren't blighting the thread). Of course I still mostly stick to posting here anyway because it's far more enjoyable but I've learned a huge amount in my 4 years on the forum so far.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Location: falkirk, scotland, 16.505m, 54.151ft above sea level
  • Weather Preferences: dry sunny average summers and really cold snowy winters

We all started somewhere Posted Image The MOD is a perhaps daunting place to post so these quieter threads are a good place for such questions. Just read the forum guides and the MOD and you'll catch up quickly. If you follow the discussion it will eventually sink in... Although that tactic was not so successful for me with regard to the stratospheric predictions thread, they use big words there Posted Image

I get totally lost with the strat stuff aswell like u say with all the big words plus I have no backround at all in physics only thing I am learning is how to read some of the charts properly.

Still windy here but wheelie bins unscathed.

Remember BUS, if you don't go to sleep tonight Santa won't come. ;-) 

aye and we cant have that I want my shiny new push bike in the morning lol Posted Image

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNOW :-D

Ooooo the wind has picked up again, some strong gusts in the past 20mins. When is the system meant to peak.

• Like 2

Posted

Ooooo the wind has picked up again, some strong gusts in the past 20mins. When is the system meant to peak.

wind seems to be picking up here as well.

GFS 12z had the worst between now and midnight or just after.

latest charts still look like the gradient is squeezing a little

post-18233-0-11195200-1387920397_thumb.gpost-18233-0-14477700-1387920399_thumb.g

heres a different look at Fridays storm

post-18233-0-29487400-1387920437_thumb.p

• Like 2

Posted

A merry Christmas to all when it comes. Totally still and windless here in Prague, 0c.

Will be back in NE Fife on Boxing Day, just in time for the Friday storm.

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and cold in winter and dry and very warm in summer

When I joined in 2009 this thread was very helpful in the sense that I could post my thoughts here without feeling 'stupid' or having my post get lost among hundreds of others during busy times. The learners area helps immensely, as does reading the MT (particularly either the in depth thread or going in during quiet times when the coldie/mildie arguments aren't blighting the thread). Of course I still mostly stick to posting here anyway because it's far more enjoyable but I've learned a huge amount in my 4 years on the forum so far.

Totally agree apart from the part which states that this thread is 'far more enjoyable'. It's definitely a great thread but nothing can beat the MOD thread with an impending cold spell which may or may not materialise. The dispair of December 2012's beast from the east debacle and then the euphoria of the SSW coming into force by pulverising the PV resulting in the gigantic snow event (IMBY) after the equinox, in late march. Edited by SW Saltire

Posted

Pulled beef in the oven, ham jerk in the boiling pot, pre oven roasting, soups made. Desert being brought by my sister. Christmas seems to being going to plan...

Song by Welsh and 'Gorky's Zygotic Mynci' called 'Christmas Eve'.

I hope you have enjoyed some alternative Xmas songs in the lead up to tomorrow. Hope you all have a great Xmas!

Enjoy!Posted Image

• Like 6

Posted

Wind picking up here too? Wtf? Santa had better not get caught in this!

Really roaring wind here in the last 2 hours which can be heard above kids hilarity at various TV programmes.What sort of damage will we see in the morning and will the presents arrive?

Edited by Northernlights
  • Like 2

Posted

GFS 18z for midnight which is probably going to be around peak time

post-18233-0-48850100-1387921407_thumb.p

• Like 3

Posted

Merry Christmas everyone! I dont post much but do read every day. You're a funny, helpful and nice bunch.

Wind picked up here and lights are flickering.

Glad I'm not the husband who has to go out and retrieve presents from the garage :)

• Like 2

Posted

the charts show a big centre but this image looks like something spinning up close to land

post-18233-0-58545200-1387922211_thumb.g

and look at this animation towards the end there are little lows spinning around inside the low centre

http://www.yr.no/satellitt/europa_animasjon.html

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms, Warm summer evenings

Marked increase in the wind here also in the last hour, very gusty at times

• Like 1

Posted

latest wind gusts

post-18233-0-53560800-1387923043_thumb.j

• Like 1

Posted

10 o'clock chart and still slightly tightening the gradient

post-18233-0-31804300-1387923397_thumb.g

Posted

pretty gusty now couple of decent ones just blew through

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Crystal Clear High Pressure & Blue Skies

Getting very lively here now, trees out the back are creaking away and wind is roaring through, can hear bins knocking about and the wind whistling through. 

post-7292-0-87203600-1387923980_thumb.pnpost-7292-0-01689700-1387923983_thumb.pn

• Like 2