Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East & East Anglia Regional Weather Discussion 23/12/13

Snowangel-MK

Posted
  • Location: Atherfield, 0.8 km from SW coast, Isle of Wight, 35m ASL
  • Location: Atherfield, 0.8 km from SW coast, Isle of Wight, 35m ASL

Watching them also, poor souls.  My kitchen flooded tonight, but I would not swap places.  The BA in front ( from Glasgow) aborted landing very late and the following Easyjet on final approach  (from Nice) had to then abort also. Both seem to be heading NNW on different headings now.  What a nightmare for the passengers & crew.

Looks like Liverpool is the divert. Long coach home... Poor buggers

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Stormy, windy, cold.

Just walked home from brentford nite out. Well I say walk..... But was shifted along a tad. Flaming heck can hear a plane going over, surely not!!?? It's blowing a proper hoolie out there, and there are some huge trees we live under.. Ferkkkkkkk...

• Like 1

Posted

Sorry to hear this JP....hope you manage to contain the damage.Ref rain - my sentiments entirely as flooded stream encroaches chez moi - please rain go away!!!!xxx.

hi pp

thanks

fingers crossed for you tonight

this is becoming a real pain now but this rain just goes on and on and on

Posted
Posted · Hidden by FatherOf2, December 24, 2013 - SOmehow messed up replying to wrong person lol
Hidden by FatherOf2, December 24, 2013 - SOmehow messed up replying to wrong person lol

Well, Romford area is kicking and screaming.  Watching the trees buckle at the back of my house, and gauging how high they are in relation to the distance from the flat....

In other news, my mini greenhouse took off over a fence and landed in a neighbours garden.  Currently back where it belongs, weighted down with a few metal fold up chairs.

Nasty clattering noise from the sealed fireplace as well earlier.  Hopefully just a chimney pot and nothing more structural.

Also, to add to all of the plane-watchers (currently training PPL here and flown since age 8 ), I would dearly love to see the track vs actual heading on these approaches....must be some wild crab angles.  If I could be bothered, I could probably work it out.  But i'm more interested in listening for nasty sounds in the loft.

Keep safe all Posted Image

Drove under a jet landing at Gatwick mid afternoon, heading was approx 45 degrees to flight path.  Glad we don't have to drive on roads like this, although I noticed some trying :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: T/Storms, Snow, Extreme Rain, Anything out of the ordinary!

hi pp

thanks

fingers crossed for you tonight

this is becoming a real pain now but this rain just goes on and on and on

Yes, the wind is bad enough...the rain is not helping at all ! Hope you, PP & all other's affected by this evenings events get back to normal as soon as you can after this has passed.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms, very cold (inc. anticyclonic) weather

All these reports of the high winds slowing down everyone's travel are surely an exaggeration. 
I've just seen a bloke on a pushbike doing 80mph.

Edited by suffolkboy_
  • Like 8

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Easygoing, but winter is meant to be white, dammit!

Also having a little chuckle at EGKK (Gatwick)....take a peak at the three aircraft shown.  LEADER3, LEADER6 and OPS2....must be ground vehicles for sure, but showing up on radar? Seems odd to even have them show a return on ground movement radar...

• Like 1

Posted

Had to get up outta bed I've got the most awful headache, blurred vision too!!! I normally get headaches when there's a thunderstorm so I'm assuming this too is weather related!!! Meds and tiger balm not kicking in, so I've got up and come downstairs, friend on FB in Hastings has no power, fence panels gone and roof tiles slipping by the dozen! My huskies sleep outside in their lovely big kennel but tonight they indoors snoring on the floor in my bedroom, can't be trusted anywhere else in the house we would wake to the tree and presents eaten lol

I have a strange headache too, I'm sure I get them when there's very low pressure.

Huge, window-rattling gust a few moments ago near High Wycombe. Is that squall line going to miss us? it looks like it's going north.

Posted

lights flickering

huge gusts and they seem to last longer

pans everywhere

time for a beer now

i need one Posted Image

tv just made a huge hissing noise

this is one weird nightPosted ImagePosted Image

And we have got Friday's storm to contend with too Posted Image

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: T/Storms, Snow, Extreme Rain, Anything out of the ordinary!

All these reports of the high winds slowing down everyone's travel are surely an exaggeration. 

I've just seen a bloke on a pushbike doing 80mph.

You bugger...had just taken a swig of lager when I read that!! Posted Image

Posted

My lights flickerdd about three minutes ago ...

Lights also flickering here too

• Like 1

Posted

Come on you lot were English we have power cuts not brown outs lol , ps keep safe all

Apologies, but I did not know the english for "greatly reduced electricity so that it makes the place look ... brown".  That is what we have here. It not a power cut. 

Internet still working amazingly.

Posted

Lots of reports on twitter about trees blocking roads in Epsom and now a house fire in the area too. I have heard multiple roof tiles fly off. On the bright side my conservatory repairs seem to be holding.