• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hey! Let's not shout at each other! everyone has different opinions of '87, and this is a bit different, set up wise, but nonetheless, unlike st jude, which was an early hours event, we're still awake to hear/feel it.

Let's keep supportive folks, it's not everyone's Meteorological cup of tea, and we're all facing it. :)

• Like 9

Wow several wheelie bins off down the road, (why people put them out I don't know)

We are in bed, and can hear the roof tiles rattling, never heard that here before!

Must be serious now,especially near South facing coasts.

• Like 2

I am up soon ( so off to bed ) as I support a country wide cable comp and need to be up ready for that else many may not be getting their TV and INNERNET for chrimbo

Ref 1987, That was then, I witnessed it. However what we have now will not have to meet the grade of the 87 storm, We have had a lot of rain over the weeks on and off, So ground is saturated all ready and burst banks,trees falling over will be a lot easier, Also we have had a few recent Storm events already, So anything made unstable then ie debris wise etc,Will not need much effort to finish the job, Remember we got Friday to get through yet as well.

• Like 1

Power out here in north Essex. Just saw a huge blue flash across the sky to the south and the power came on for a second or so.

Saw a big blue flash to the east. I bet that was the power line that supplies you. My dad lives in Yeldham, so he's probably lost power too. During St J use, it was us who lost the power while you stayed on. Probably jinxed it now!

Getting serious here now. The business end of these storms will be during the next three hours. Net Weather forecast predicting 74mph gusts! Gulp.

yes it is here too, gusts are getting quite sharp and just had another flicker.

Just been out for a ciggie. Yeah Gods, feel like I've just done ten rounds with Tyson. Orwell bridge is closed apparently. No surprise there then. Just heard a BANG! outside and cats getting very spooked. It's madness. Luckily, Nipper is oblivious. Ah well...back to me vino plonko.

Stay safe, me hearties.

• Like 5

Wow several wheelie bins off down the road, (why people put them out I don't know)We are in bed, and can hear the roof tiles rattling, never heard that here before! Must be serious now,especially near South facing coasts.

Being just down the road from you, I can certainly agree! Really is nasty out there tonight.

Back from the pub, and the walk was quite exhilarating. :)

I'd say they weren't majorly damaging though; okay the wind shrieked through telegraph wires, rather than whistled, so probably force 7 to 8.

Let's see what the next 4 hours bring...