Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East & East Anglia Regional Weather Discussion 23/12/13

Snowangel-MK

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Spring, Autumn, Snow ..... not, I repeat, not heatwaves!!

Not a night for boating in the Channel!!

post-12495-0-70816800-1387841879_thumb.p

Posted
  • Location: Chelsfield, Orpington (Kent / SE London) - 115m ASL
  • Location: Chelsfield, Orpington (Kent / SE London) - 115m ASL

Well it's really starting to have really strong gusts here, a lot of debris blowing in the streets and getting stronger by the minute.

It's times like this when I wish I could install a weather station, but I am surrounded by buildings and so in a microclimate, but a blooming windy one right now!

(EDIT: My ears just popped as I was posting that Posted Image )

Funny you should say that, I can feel quite a bit of pressure in my ears, it's so strange - they almost ache. 2 leaks tonight so far; one through the roof into the recently redecorated bedroom and the other one we've sourced to a blocked up chimney breast causing water to run down the bathroom wall, peeling off the lining paper. The wind is also forcing water into the porch, almost under the front door. This is the strongest wind I can remember here since October 2000.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool not cold, warm not hot. No strong Wind.

Can hear the storm outside now! it is really blowing!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Location: Hayward’s Heath - home, Brighton/East Grinstead - work.
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and storms
  • Location: Hayward’s Heath - home, Brighton/East Grinstead - work.

Thank you - no I'm not on that road...but even at 2pm today when I was out and about...... all the roads around EG were looking pretty ropey. Goodness knows what's going on out there tonight!XXX

Here is the A22 earlier by the speed camera

post-4523-0-38823400-1387842066_thumb.jp

Normally backed up with traffic - luckily not so tonight when that tree came down.

Posted

Well, it's dangerously windy here now...Canterbury seems to have been hit quite bad and it is well inland. Roof has been blown off a block of flats.

Whereabouts in canterbury?

Well, it's dangerously windy here now...Canterbury seems to have been hit quite bad and it is well inland. Roof has been blown off a block of flats.

Whereabouts in canterbury?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool not cold, warm not hot. No strong Wind.

think we are in the wrong thread for this (just noticed)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything Extreme

Things have suddenly stepped up a notch here. Constant 50 Mph winds now and regular gusts of 60 Mph +

the longest period of sustained high winds here for many years

Posted

Power out here in north Essex. Just saw a huge blue flash across the sky to the south and the power came on for a second or so.

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms, very cold (inc. anticyclonic) weather

I've been watching him. Watching him going round in ever decreasing circles.... It must be dreadful for those on board. Very glad I'm not on one of those planes and safely indoors. Even with the windows creaking and flexing and the roaring getting louder. Feel for those of you further south. Hope you get through the night without damage.

It's a freight plane. Still bad enough for the pilots.....he's just aborted an attempted landing aswell!

My mistake......he landed it....bet they're relieved. Shame he's nowhere near Exeter where he had planned to land.

Edited by suffolkboy_

Posted

Anyone else staying up to see this through in our region ? Quite apart from the wind, the rain is cause for some concern now. It's hammering down.

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, Storms and epic cold snowy winters

Its going crazy out there...Sit tight folks.

Posted

i would like to comment on that last prolonged gust..... but the forum swear filter would not allow me to give an accurate description....

• Like 8

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe gales/storms, snow, thunder!

Ok what I experienced in '87 didn't feel as bad as this.

Where you drunk? Lol. Not even close to 87 yet infact not even close to 2000 and even that was a notch down from 87, its getting worse then St Jude occasionally though gusts arnt frequent yet but are very sudden and aggressive when they hit, 1 just now shock the side of my house!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, crisp, calm and sunny

It's a freight plane. Still bad enough for the pilots.....he's just aborted an attempted landing aswell! My mistake......he landed it....bet they're relieved. Shame he's nowhere near Exeter where he had planned to land.

Yup, just about to say I think he managed to get it down at last. Phew. I was getting quite worried about him. Can try and get to bed now - just as it is ramping up out there....

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: hot sunny summers to ripen the veg and cold snowy winters of course

The earlier lull coincided with a very enjoyable family meal - dry run for the big day - we made it through without an argument which is a bonus! Half the washing up done so now I can concentrate on the storm which is really whipping up out there. High garden gust so far was 32mph at 15.49, currently showing 23mph which used to be my record high but now it's starting to look quite normal

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme Weather Events

Power out here in north Essex. Just saw a huge blue flash across the sky to the south and the power came on for a second or so.

I wondered what that was fine wine. Blue flash to my south and electric flickered.

It's wild out there now! Some powerful gusts!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms!! (With the odd gale thrown in)

Anyone else staying up to see this through in our region ? Quite apart from the wind, the rain is cause for some concern now. It's hammering down.

Likely to be up for a while yet for sure, just lost a roof tile with the latest gust, so need to keep an eye on things. Hopefully it was just a rogue tile going walkabout... otherwise I'll be up on the roof with a tarpaulin! 

• Like 2

Posted

Where you drunk? Lol. Not even close to 87 yet infact not even close to 2000 and even that was a notch down from 87, its getting worse then St Jude occasionally though gusts arnt frequent yet but are very sudden and aggressive when they hit, 1 just now shock the side of my house!

Do I need to use capitals now? I was 17, not drunk, and it's my opinion on how I felt it felt then and how I'm feeling it now!! Nothing technical just my opinion!!