Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East & East Anglia Regional Weather Discussion 23/12/13

Snowangel-MK

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: T/Storms, Snow, Extreme Rain, Anything out of the ordinary!

Just been outside chatting with the EA who are up and around and monitoring. - they've all been pulled in off holiday etc and are really great!...Poooh! - Rain has re-started.Regrettably stream breached banks just now while we were chatting....and my slippers got soaked in the process.Pants - I seriously thought we'd got away with it this time.....seems no! All we can do now is sit and wait for it to pour into the house.Sometimes life sucks!xxxx

Sorry to hear that PP :-(

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms!! (With the odd gale thrown in)

Well it's really starting to have really strong gusts here, a lot of debris blowing in the streets and getting stronger by the minute.

It's times like this when I wish I could install a weather station, but I am surrounded by buildings and so in a microclimate, but a blooming windy one right now!

(EDIT: My ears just popped as I was posting that Posted Image )

Edited by Sno' problem
  • Like 2

Posted

Just been outside chatting with the EA who are up and around and monitoring. - they've all been pulled in off holiday etc and are really great!...Poooh! - Rain has re-started.Regrettably stream breached banks just now while we were chatting....and my slippers got soaked in the process.Pants - I seriously thought we'd got away with it this time.....seems no! All we can do now is sit and wait for it to pour into the house.Sometimes life sucks!xxxx

Good luck Piggie   thinking of you at this worrying time.  Pressies not on the floor under the tree are they? 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Location: Hayward’s Heath - home, Brighton/East Grinstead - work.
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and storms
  • Location: Hayward’s Heath - home, Brighton/East Grinstead - work.

It was really bad down that way on my way home tonight - do you live on the road to turners hill nr where the stream goes under the bluebell railway? I wish you all the best as having driven through there earlier I can imagine how bad it will be. Still a fair bit of rain to come I'm afraid.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms, very cold (inc. anticyclonic) weather

http://www.flightradar24.com/NPT44Y

Good job this guy had enough fuel on board! lol

Posted

I was here in North Kent, not quite as bad as other places had it, but it's definitely worse here tonight than it was then.

I think you must have been lucky that night then, as we had no electric, phones lines down, and wind speeds over 100 mph.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Sun, Deep Snow, Convective Goodness, Anvil Crawlers

983mb and it's REALLY going for it.... howling booming gusts. I can hear the house creaking!

• Like 2

Posted

983mb and it's REALLY going for it.... howling booming gusts. I can hear the house creaking!

imagine what its like here then.... i can hear the earth creaking!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder Storms. All extreme weather.

Jeez, it's mad out there. Really going for it now. I cannot believe the lights haven't gone yet. On St Jude's, we lost power for about 20 minutes. But only a small flicker here.

You watch.....famous last words. We'll be plunged into darkness in a minute. :O At least the cats are back in now and looking a bit wide-eyed.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool not cold, warm not hot. No strong Wind.

Inland here and really blowing a gale now, some shockingly powerful gusts of wind coming from this system, trees are really mobile, so glad I am neither out or travelling tonight.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, crisp, calm and sunny

http://www.flightradar24.com/NPT44Y Good job this guy had enough fuel on board! lol

I've been watching him. Watching him going round in ever decreasing circles.... It must be dreadful for those on board. Very glad I'm not on one of those planes and safely indoors. Even with the windows creaking and flexing and the roaring getting louder. Feel for those of you further south. Hope you get through the night without damage.

Posted

I think you must have been lucky that night then, as we had no electric, phones lines down, and wind speeds over 100 mph.

That was the end result here too but it didn't seem as long lasting as this, though admittedly it was in the early hours and I'd been asleep for the start of it, my dad managed to sleep through it all.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and no more than 25degC

Good luck Piggie   thinking of you at this worrying time.  Pressies not on the floor under the tree are they? 

Hi Bp - thanks for the concern.All flood prepartions now complete. Everything.....including the piggies and pressies ..... are at least a minimum of 1m above floor level.The pet carriers are ready and waiting in case we need to evacuate upstairs....and the pressies are already there!Sadly the tree remains undecorated in the utility room as it is not a priority.xxxx

• Like 1

Posted

Really howling now. 65 mph just now, getting up to storm force 10.

Can hear windows and doors creaking under strain & sounds like a train going overhead.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Cold & Snowy

Really quiet here apart from the odd gust, it's actually annoying.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder Storms. All extreme weather.

Right....a barometer is going on my wish list in the New Year. I used to have one....but me and my mate wrecked it during a ahem......slightly boozy evening cavorting about. :O

Update.....lights are flickering now.

Edited by Keraunophile
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and no more than 25degC

It was really bad down that way on my way home tonight - do you live on the road to turners hill nr where the stream goes under the bluebell railway? I wish you all the best as having driven through there earlier I can imagine how bad it will be. Still a fair bit of rain to come I'm afraid.

Thank you - no I'm not on that road...but even at 2pm today when I was out and about...... all the roads around EG were looking pretty ropey. Goodness knows what's going on out there tonight!XXX

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool not cold, warm not hot. No strong Wind.

Really quiet here apart from the odd gust, it's actually annoying.

your lucky, the only thing not moving here (at the moment) are the buildings, I suspect that could change soon though!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe gales/storms, snow, thunder!

Ok whoever mentioned 1987 we are well off that yet but its building up nicely, could get towards being as bad as October 2000 storm in the next couple of hours if the steady wind increases to about 40mph+ and gusts start nudging 75-90mph range!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: As long as it's not North Sea muck, I'll cope.

Jeez, it's mad out there. Really going for it now. I cannot believe the lights haven't gone yet. On St Jude's, we lost power for about 20 minutes. But only a small flicker here. You watch.....famous last words. We'll be plunged into darkness in a minute. :O At least the cats are back in now and looking a bit wide-eyed.

Glad they are home. :)