Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East & East Anglia Regional Weather Discussion 23/12/13

Snowangel-MK

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms, very cold (inc. anticyclonic) weather

Thought the wind would never get here....but the stronger gusts seem to now be arriving. Whistling around the house....makes me feel so cosy sat here by the fire (I do feel sorry for you guys who are scared though....I hope you are feeling OK!)

Luckily my house was built by my dad some 30 years ago, so I trust it was built well........if it blows down....i'm blaming him.

• Like 1

Posted

Hmm, whilst there is the odd gust that's quite strong, it's not as bad as others have been reporting in my locale. I must be sheltered by adjacent houses. Still plenty of time to change.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hurricanes, Thunderstorms and blizzards please!

A completely unscientific view, but judging by the noises my old Oak Tree is making, this is at least an equal to the St Judes storm.  Given that there's another 2-3 hours of strengthening, this could be a notable event!

Posted

This one is going to have another go http://www.flightradar24.com/EZY8404

baw 781 c  heath row  not sure were  hes  going!!!

Posted

Still not that horrendous here (south Hailsham), although apparently on the ridge on the western outskirts of Herstmonceux it's not pleasant.

Edited by Crepuscular Ray

Posted

Bottle of wine, music on the headphones, darts on TV. Suddenly all is well in the world. Could be doing anything outside.

Watching darts on laptop,looking on Netweather and a bottle of red,been out earlier and it was a bit breezy!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, snowy winters and thunderstorms!

Hmm, whilst there is the odd gust that's quite strong, it's not as bad as others have been reporting in my locale. I must be sheltered by adjacent houses. Still plenty of time to change.

I think I'm the same as you. I think I'm sheltered by our neighbours as everyone just down the road seems to be getting massively battered.

Posted

Anyone on here from the Bexley area? Gusts appear to be more frequent now.

yup house backs onto woods and the noises are incredible. Crossing everything and hoping for the best. Certainly picked up in last hour

Posted

Woah. a massive gust hit here with a noise that actually made me nervous

Same here not that long ago!

Anyone on here from the Bexley area? Gusts appear to be more frequent now.

I'm in Bexleyheath (well more Barnehurst) I wouldn't say they are more frequent, but defo more louder!
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: As long as it's not North Sea muck, I'll cope.

I think the wind will now steadily strengthen here until the CF passes. The lull is well and truly over. Looking forward to the relatively placid morning with sunshine. :)

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, snow and more snow

Really picking up here now. got to say I find the wind exciting now we are all home safe.

Stay safe everyone.

Katie

Posted
  • Location: Caterham-on-the-hill, Surrey, 190m asl (home), Heathrow (work)
  • Location: Caterham-on-the-hill, Surrey, 190m asl (home), Heathrow (work)

The increasing roar outside seems worse than that experienced here during the St Jude's Day Storm. Be glad of the calmer conditions and sunshine by Xmas Day.

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, snowy winters and thunderstorms!

I guess you're getting what we'll be getting in an hour or so, Surrey?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold Snow and a good Thunder & Lightening

it is noticeably ramping up in Brighton, cosy by the wood stove and made a nice Christmas Wreath for the 'Palace Pier' mantle. Howling down the chimney and expecting the neighbours fence, which is swaying horribly to crush my greenhouse at any moment...post-18906-0-65253600-1387838032_thumb.j

• Like 1

Posted
  • Location: IN THE FOOT HILLS AND DENSELY FORESTED AREAS OF TUNBRIDGE WELLS IN KENT
  • Weather Preferences: I like a bit of weather
  • Location: IN THE FOOT HILLS AND DENSELY FORESTED AREAS OF TUNBRIDGE WELLS IN KENT

I have been following this all evening and the wind is now worsening in Tunbridge Wells. Just happened into the chat room where there is I think, talk of two sailors in trouble in a boat.... Keep safe everyone tonight and may love and light be with you. There are some very kind people on this forum to those who are genuinely frightened by tonight's events. God bless you all.. A great bunch of people x

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hurricanes, Thunderstorms and blizzards please!

The increasing roar outside seems worse than that experienced here during the St Jude's Day Storm. Be glad of the calmer conditions and sunshine by Xmas Day.

Yep, same here.  Also, the St Jude storm was only at it's peak for around an hour here, this one seems like it's going to last considerably longer!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Humid Continental Climate (Dfa / Dfb)

Not much happening here apart from the odd 30mph gust, but driving along the M1 at 10pm was quite windy, the spray from the trucks was being blown a lot further back than usual!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: T/Storms, Snow, Extreme Rain, Anything out of the ordinary!

It might be where I am, but just been out for a walk, breezy, yes...gusty (a little) but nothing different from an autumn day? Very little rain as well?? I'm not going to complain as some are getting battered by the sounds of it. I did think we were going to get hammered here...maybe its lulling me into a false sense of security?Posted Image

Posted

Hearing it quite loud now indoors and we have new double glazing that normally you can't hear a thing through. Gotta pop out and pick my brother up shortly after his mammoth journey from Dublin.