Radar
Snow?

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Can't belive how quick the winds are picking up!!!

We'll know within the next 3 to 4 hours how severe this storm is going to get, I expect it will have peaked in most places by then.

Peak is between 11-3 with Mac around midnight! Lights flickering here!! :0

It's getting a bit windy on the south downs now, just been helping get some cows in to a barn for some shelter. 

Wind direction was really changing about all over the pace making it hard to stand up, glad i'm back home in the warm now with a beer Posted Image

• Like 2

Are you sure? Most of Essex (going by radar information) looks to have had around the 10mm mark. Unless you were refering to the West Country ofcourse, in which case my apologies. They have certainly had it rough down there today!

Well it has been torrential for parts of today here. Looking at other stations near me they range from zero rain to 57mm. Earlier when it was at its worst there was a nice real dark line sliding continuously overhead on the radar. Now it could be the wind is knocking the rain guage and giving some false readings too?

I think again the north will get it worse though!

its the bit after where things tighten up for us again

hopefully the fax will shed more light on this

the north are quite welcome to it Posted Image

• Like 2

Posted Image

would keep an eye on this one as well Posted Image

Thanks for your realism John.

St Jude's, although not long lasting, was way more scary here, than anything seen so far today. Inland gusts of 79 mph at Andrewsfield and 75 mph at Wattisham, both near here, are evidential.

Edited by Steve C
  • Like 1

Thanks for your realism John.St Jude's, although not long lasting was way more scary here, than anything seen so far today. Inland gusts of 79 mph at Andrewsfield and 75 mph at Wattisham, both near here, are evidential.

Depends on your location I'd say winds here today on and off have been nearly but not quite as severe as St'Jude however with 70mph+ gusts for inland areas forecast around midnight onwards into the early hours there's still potential for this to be worse the Jude was especially considering it could last 3 or 4 hours not less then an hour like before!

hi steve

i have a feeling from midnight could well get pretty lively your end

hope they just die out but i think things are likely to get very lively for a while yet

i will update fridays later from the fax chart and hope it shifts north

roll on the snow or something else very soon

• Like 2

986mb here.....was 991mb about 90 mins ago......

lets hope I don't lose any of my outdoor lights....

Yep, same here.  A 5 mb drop in the last hour (although my pressure is showing as 970mb, I'm sure it's wrong!)  Wind is really getting going now, probably stronger than anytime today.

• Like 1

Depends on your location I'd say winds here today on and off have been nearly but not quite as severe as St'Jude however with 70mph+ gusts for inland areas forecast around midnight onwards into the early hours there's still potential for this to be worse the Jude was especially considering it could last 3 or 4 hours not less then an hour like before!

Agree, but it's still got to happen... Personally I hope it doesn't. :)