Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East & East Anglia Regional Weather Discussion 23/12/13

Snowangel-MK

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe gales/storms, snow, thunder!

Just read on the storm thread that the chelsea/ arsenal match will go ahead tonight. I think I got the right teams lol.

I'm surprised by that I would have thought they would take fans safety into consideration
  • Like 2

Posted
the BBC's transport correspondent Richard Westcott says there is severe disruption at Euston station in London.
Power supply problems around the Watford area mean virtually nothing is leaving the station at the moment.
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

I'm surprised by that I would have thought they would take fans safety into consideration

I agree with you.

Posted

the BBC's transport correspondent Richard Westcott says there is severe disruption at Euston station in London.
Power supply problems around the Watford area mean virtually nothing is leaving the station at the moment.

Yep, I think a tree fell onto the line at Watford, causing issues with the overhead lines. 

Posted

Heavy rain and strong winds all day here in Watford, picked up a bit in the last hour but I wouldn't say it's as bad as others are experiencing elsewhere. Gusts are quite strong but we've had worse here in the last couple of months.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: The most likely outcome. The MJO is only half the story!

I seem to be the only person I know concerned about the approaching weather - family all seem to be carrying on with evening arrangements whilst I sit here getting stressed out -  been told to leave the forums till tomorrow as I am getting anxious the more I read - so if  I don't post hope everyone stays safe.

I think that is good advicePosted Image  - it can get like that reading every report that comes in and people talking about it getting worse. Hence when I have had my refreshing mug of tea after getting home, that is what I will be doing and trying to ignore what is going on outside

Take care and everyone else as wellPosted Image

• Like 1

Posted

Heavy rain and strong winds all day here in Watford, picked up a bit in the last hour but I wouldn't say it's as bad as others are experiencing elsewhere. Gusts are quite strong but we've had worse here in the last couple of months.

The worst winds will be later tonight. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe gales/storms, snow, thunder!

The extreme band is forecast between midnight and 6am and is in a line from central London eastwards up through Kent, Essex etc...
  • Like 1

Posted

We'll I just walked to the station in Sutton oh my days. Please be careful everyone who has to be out tonight. I am half way to my destination. Definately a speed restriction on trains. The next few hours will be a horrible roller coaster. Some of which has not been see. In our area for a good few years stay stage everyone :-)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm & Sunny

Apologies, but this did make me chuckle to myself, all this stormy weather to discuss, and the Mad Thread is still searching for that illusive first snowflake sometime in January!!

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: T/Storms, Snow, Extreme Rain, Anything out of the ordinary!

Judging by the News24 graphic's about 5 mins ago, its between midnight and 2pm for my area with gusts of upto 80mph. Its certainly going to be a wild old night out there I think

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder Storms. All extreme weather.

Glory be......just had me arm nearly wrenched out of its socket while poking me head out the door having a rollie. :O

And this is gonna get worse!!! It's seems to have picked up since my walk to the shop even.

Edited by Keraunophile
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

I just walked out to the car and nearly lost my wig! The wife thinks it's all just a joke. I have been trying to inform her that this is a serious event, but with the pressure of crimbo and keeping the grandchildren happy I fear the message has been lost!!!

Posted

I'm home from my errands thankfully, but it is awful out there.  The A1M was closed between Welwyn Garden City and Hertford so a lot of traffic came off at Stevenage and brought the town to a halt. Took ages to get anywhere.

Managed to deliver all pressies and complete the last minute food shop, only to return home and have an intense battle with my garden gate.  The garden gate won unfortunately.  Trying to hold it open with my right hand, the wind ripped it from me, then promptly slammed it back on my right wrist.  It's wrapped in a bag of peas at the moment and turning all manner of pretty colours.  It hurts like hell too. 

I hope that's the most damage done this evening.  Stay safe everyone, it's raucous out there.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, storms or both at same time..

Lovely drive home tonight, lots of wind and rain with some floods on the road, but much lighter traffic than normal so was a faster run than I ever normally get :)

Time for dinner and then I got to go out to Bevendean Farm which is exposed on the south downs, where I will be in a massive barn till about 11pm working on a motor, it's normally always windy there at the best of times so should be intresting tonight.

What time do I want to be getting out of there, 12 - 3am is the peak i've read right? 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Evening all, made it home. The building next to my workplace has suffered quite substantial roof damage and there were plenty of branches down on the route home. Nasty day, could see the windows buffeting in the wind.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, Storms and epic cold snowy winters

Evening all, Really busy out and about, Roads are quite bad, Noticed of xc Weather to deteriorate a lot more later tonight, Wind speed a real concern, Flooding issues must be really high now. Got to take my wife to work at 6.30 for 3 hrs, On call care worker for the elderly, Told her i will drive as she is petrified but has to do calls. Got to admit i much prefer the cold and snow at least you know what your dealing with.Stay safe people.

http://www.xcweather.co.uk/

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Cold.

Very blustery now, with the odd stronger gust. Anyone thinking of going to Lakeside Shopping Centre - Don't bother, it's gridlocked round here.

Be safe people, I'm off to shelter in my local .

Edited by LeighD

Posted

southernman just phoned, he is on his way home, his boss has taken the decision to send him home without doing his shiftt.I am relieved that he is coming home now and not nearer to midnight.

• Like 5

Posted

I seem to be the only person I know concerned about the approaching weather - family all seem to be carrying on with evening arrangements whilst I sit here getting stressed out -  been told to leave the forums till tomorrow as I am getting anxious the more I read - so if  I don't post hope everyone stays safe.

hope you stay safe.You had the more sensible idea, i think staying tuned to updates.

Just read on the storm thread that the chelsea/ arsenal match will go ahead tonight. I think I got the right teams lol.

think that's a really bad idea with the safety of all those travelling.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, Storms and epic cold snowy winters

OMG Just look at all these, South East bad.

http://www.floodwarn.co.uk/flood_warnings.htm

Scroll right down link.

Posted Image

Edited by Jason T

Posted

I The garden gate won unfortunately.  Trying to hold it open with my right hand, the wind ripped it from me, then promptly slammed it back on my right wrist.  It's wrapped in a bag of peas at the moment and turning all manner of pretty colours.  It hurts like hell too. 

ouch.