Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East & East Anglia Regional Weather Discussion 23/12/13

Snowangel-MK

Really no need to apologise !!

The wind finally seems to have eased off here for now, but looking at the radar I suspect there may be a sting in the tail. I hope you don't lose your power in the meantime.Posted Image

Yes wind eased off for now thank goodness ! Am going to try to get some sleep now busy day cooking tomorrow :)

Take care

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

Just checked radar and not the squall yet, But it's coming very slowly. The wind won't stay like this till the main bit of the squall comes I hope.

Posted

Yes wind eased off for now thank goodness ! Am going to try to get some sleep now busy day cooking tomorrow Posted Image

Take care

All the best A.....sleep well and have a very Happy Christmas Posted Image

• Like 1

Posted

Just checked radar and not the squall yet, But it's coming very slowly. The wind won't stay like this till the main bit of the squall comes I hope.

Taking an age to get here. Seems to have stopped over Portsmouth/Chichester way

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Very Hot,Very cold.scared of thunder and lightning.

here comes the rain

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Easygoing, but winter is meant to be white, dammit!

Well, not wishing to tempt fate but things seem to have calmed here and are staying that way.

Off to bed now and not looking forward to cleaning up the garden tomorrow and having a look at what's missing from the chimney.

Night all, and stay safe :)

Posted

Think I just saw lightening as I know 100% there's no power lines where the flash came from.

Edited by alexisj9

Posted

Catastrophic wind and rain here. Dread to think what the headlines are going to be in the morning. Power on and off, and mobile networks down. Flooding unbelievable.

Edited by simonperkins
  • Like 2

Posted

I would be quite happy if this latest front/squall  missed me altogether to be honest, but it looks like it won't.

Apart from a brief 2-3 hour lull yesterday evening it's been near constant rain and howling winds for the last 16 hours here. As I type the rain has just starting lashing down again after a 30 minute break. I'm lucky, I live in an area which is never likely to be flooded or suffer serious storm damage and I can only sympathise with anyone who is facing problems as a result of this weather.

Take care folks, and may you all have The best Christmas possible, whatever the weather. Posted Image

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything and everything

ok I managed to fall asleep for a few hours on the sofa ooops. Still gusting about but not sure how bad its been for last few hours. It was reported to peak between hours approx of midnight to 3am, so has this been on target or have we still got worse to come overnight?

Posted

ok I managed to fall asleep for a few hours on the sofa ooops. Still gusting about but not sure how bad its been for last few hours. It was reported to peak between hours approx of midnight to 3am, so has this been on target or have we still got worse to come overnight?

I'm having the worst winds I've had all night now, not sure about the strength but certainly a lot more gusty and noisy.

Posted

I'm having the worst winds I've had all night now, not sure about the strength but certainly a lot more gusty and noisy.

you should go see a doctor

• Like 7

Posted

Posted Image stay safe.. am hoping its dying here. For the past 10 mins seems to have gone pretty quiet with occasional louder gust but all sort of sounds more distant. My bed backs onto an outside wall where it rushes down the alley outside and round the corner but def seems to be quietening. 

ok now here comes the rain again lashing against window and very gusty again. Squall hit here maybe? 

Edited by Hearts in Herts

Posted

Well tried to sleep, but no chance, so all-nighter it seems....glad its only a half day tomorrow.

is it still really bad where you are? Am guessing by the way it picked up again here, its not over yet. 

light flickering is getting more frequent too.

Edited by Hearts in Herts

Posted

is it still really bad where you are? Am guessing by the way it picked up again here, its not over yet. 

light flickering is getting more frequent too.

not as bad now, just raining still and dont see the point going to bed now lol

Posted

The squall has just arrived with a vengeance here in north west London and the rain is on a par with near monsoon conditions.

I don't say that lightly, I have experienced many a rain storm in the tropics, and the only difference is the rain was much warmer there !!

Posted

not as bad now, just raining still and dont see the point going to bed now lol

lol fair enough. Well hope your half day goes nice and easy and then you can get home and chill. . seems to have calmed again here, so hopefully I can get a few hours sleep before i start on my christmas eve job round the house lol 

Posted

The squall has just arrived with a vengeance here in north west London and the rain is on a par with near monsoon conditions.

I don't say that lightly, I have experienced many a rain storm in the tropics, and the only difference is the rain was much warmer there !!

well if its just reached you then we could still be in for more here then as I am sure we must be n/w from you..