Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East & East Anglia Regional Weather Discussion 23/12/13

Snowangel-MK

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: As long as it's not North Sea muck, I'll cope.

For what it's worth - despite being on flood warning...the lull in the rain here has given the stream a fighting chance. Nevertheless, it is still running at 0.5" from breaking bank.I know everyone is worried about the wind...but can anyone help as to how much more rain is expected between now and tomorrow morning please?xxxx

Hi pp. I've just looked at raintoday, which is a great radar site. Unfortunately you've a swathe of heavy rain to pass through. I really didn't want to see that and hope you get through it unscathed. :( Edited by Steve C

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, snowy winters and thunderstorms!

Really picked up in tbe last 10 minutes. Quite worried about my parents property. In the October storm they lost fence panels, a tree and several roof tiles but this is way worse.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, Storms and epic cold snowy winters

Blimey Governor, Just got back  Getting worse by the minute out there,However can confirm as some post's have stated, Real WIND peak between midnight and 3 am,  As stated on nearly every sodding radio station going. The surface water is immense. Bugger work tomorrow, I,m staying in.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder Storms. All extreme weather.

Just been out to wheelie bin.......it's a tad breezy out there. :) Thought I saw spray coming up from the Orwell. Tempted to have a glass of chilled white now prezzies are all wrapped up. Can't settle to watch TV now for some reason. Two of the moggies have gone out. Poor little souls have been cooped up all day not wanting to go out at all earlier. Now it's howling again the daft beggars have decided its a good time to go out. :O

Oooh, windows are banging a bit now.

• Like 1

Posted

wind seems to be catching under roof somehow although i'm not sure its any stronger than it was a short while ago, just the sound has changed.

Heard a big tree has come down quite near here.

• Like 1

Posted

Just got worse here in Sussex, very strong gusts of wind.

I heard the roof was blown off the Kingsway Hotel in Worthing, West Sussex

Edited by West Sussex Kate

Posted

I like it bjay, Its actually the choice of my son and daughter, who are both Arsenal fans. Ooh I see another dig at Arsenal further up the page. I'm actually an A.C.Milan fan and of course a 0-0 result would be seen as a fantastic result! Posted Image

A red and black stripped bin, would be quite something too! Posted Image

Tom.

Yep it would   Denise the Menace springs to mind Posted Image

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snowy Weather

Not sure if I'm allowed to do this but I'm sure someone will put me right! 10.00 pm obs from our region.

2nd wind speed mentioned, is highest gust measured, in the last hour, so highest seen so far, Langdon Bay @ 71 mph.

London & South East England Location Weather Temp Wind Vis Pressure / trend Dir Speed Gust Benson Posted Image 11.7 °C S 30 mph 43 mph 9 km 978 hPa, Falling Brize Norton Posted Image 11.3 °C S 18 mph 32 mph 3.7 km 976 hPa, Falling Charlwood Posted Image 11.0 °C S 26 mph 49 mph 5 km 983 hPa, Falling Gravesend Posted Image 11.7 °C SSW 33 mph 54 mph   N/A 983 hPa, Falling Heathrow Posted Image 11.7 °C S 31 mph 48 mph 6 km 981 hPa, Falling Herstmonceux Posted Image 10.7 °C SSW 31 mph 55 mph 5 km 986 hPa, Falling High Wycombe Posted Image 10.3 °C SSW 18 mph 38 mph 10 km 978 hPa, Falling Kenley Posted Image 10.4 °C SSW 31 mph 56 mph 7 km 982 hPa, Falling Langdon Bay Posted Image 9.9 °C S 40 mph 71 mph   N/A 986 hPa, Falling Manston Posted Image 9.8 °C S 38 mph 61 mph   N/A 986 hPa, Falling Northolt Posted Image 11.7 °C SSW 30 mph 43 mph 7 km 980 hPa, Falling Odiham Posted Image 10.8 °C S 39 mph 59 mph 3.5 km 980 hPa, Falling Shoreham Posted Image 11.4 °C SSW 39 mph 56 mph   N/A 985 hPa, Falling Solent Posted Image 11.3 °C SSW 49 mph 69 mph   N/A 981 hPa, Falling South Farnborough Posted Image 11.3 °C SSW 33 mph 52 mph   N/A 980 hPa, Falling St Catherine's Point Posted Image 11.5 °C SSW 29 mph 48 mph   N/A 983 hPa, Falling Thorney Island Posted Image 11.0 °C E 44 mph 59 mph 2.7 km 982 hPa, Falling

Observations are subject to final quality control after publication on this web site.

Tom.

Edited by Kentish CZ
  • Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: T/Storms, Snow, Extreme Rain, Anything out of the ordinary!

Lights having a bit of a flicker fest now...have a feeling we might be off soon

Posted

Holy god just went off the scale of wind and noise here in welling really really ramping up now is almost a constant sound no breaks now

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and no more than 25degC

Just been outside chatting with the EA who are up and around and monitoring. - they've all been pulled in off holiday etc and are really great!...Poooh! - Rain has re-started.Regrettably stream breached banks just now while we were chatting....and my slippers got soaked in the process.Pants - I seriously thought we'd got away with it this time.....seems no! All we can do now is sit and wait for it to pour into the house.Sometimes life sucks!xxxx

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: T/Storms, Snow, Extreme Rain, Anything out of the ordinary!

Not sure where in the UK you were in the storm in Oct '87, but this is no where as bad now as it was back then (yet!)

I was out in the Oct 87 storm and agree entirely....although this one looks like packing a punch of its own! :-)

• Like 1

Posted

Just heard from my partner who is driving from the coast to mid-sussex and he's seen 3 trees down, 1 tree was on the road but he managed to get by. It's horrible out there!

Edited by West Sussex Kate

Posted

Not sure where in the UK you were in the storm in Oct '87, but this is no where as bad now as it was back then (yet!)

I was here in North Kent, not quite as bad as other places had it, but it's definitely worse here tonight than it was then.

Posted

Just got worse here in Sussex, very strong gusts of wind.I heard the roof was blown off the Kingsway Hotel in Worthing, West Sussex

a slight understatement kate! its been howling here for the last hour or so and getting worse by the minute!

whereabouts are you?

• Like 1

Posted

Have to agree this is close but no cigar. The roar then was constant. I was 396 up in riddlesdown and I watched London lights go out
  • Like 1

Posted

friday

Posted Image

Posted Image

theres your strong winds again

Posted Image

heavy rain

not cold

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

saturday

Posted Image

a weaker north west to south westerly wind ( windy east coasts though)

dry am and most of pm

heavy rain later on

Posted Image

feeling cool again

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Storms

Lights having a bit of a flicker fest now...have a feeling we might be off soon

Just had the same - flickering light! Now starting to hear the gusts of wind - its now just starting to ramp up.We are heading towards the interesting part!Anyone with out power? Edited by MagicBat

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, Storms and epic cold snowy winters

Power is bound to go off here, It always bleedin has to when stormy. Really picking up now, 

Posted Image

Edited by Jason T
  • Like 1

Posted

Not much happening here apart from the odd 30mph gust

I'm suprised to hear that Meso because  I'm just 5 miles south of you and the gusts are already close to 50mph and increasing. The noise outside is about as bad as I have ever heard it in my 15 years of living here.