Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East & East Anglia Regional Weather Discussion 23/12/13

Snowangel-MK

Posted

Anyone on here from the Bexley area? Gusts appear to be more frequent now.

Yep I am welling really ramping up

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snowy Weather

Same here not that long ago!

I'm in Bexleyheath (well more Barnehurst) I wouldn't say they are more frequent, but defo more louder!

Just popped my head out the front door and our wheelie-bins vanished. Should be heading for you Leeanne, you cant miss it, it's a nice bright Arsenal red! Posted Image

Tom.

Edited by Kentish CZ
  • Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and no more than 25degC

Just opened the front door to see how windy it is. Can confirm it's very windy and definitely worse than judes. Won't be doing that again.

I absolutely love this! Thank you for bringing laughter to what has been an increasingly stressful situation here over the last few hours.xxxxx

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, snowy winters and thunderstorms!

Trying to work out what the hell is banging outside so I can send OH out to tie it down otberwise there'll be no sleep!

Posted

at work in Dover Eastern Docks, limited structual damage down here, no boats. plenty of lorries queued up, but the weather don't seem to be getting any worse (at the moment)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything Extreme

Certainly sounds winder here, but our local weather station has had the wind speed and gusts at pretty much the same since 9PM. 

Still the Max Gust here at 66 Mph from earlier this evening. 

http://www.shorehambeachweather.co.uk/

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Sun, Deep Snow, Convective Goodness, Anvil Crawlers

hmm. Glass in conservatory having a bit of a flex now.....

Tempted to pop out for a quick smoke but I think I might just hang out the window instead....

• Like 3

Posted

has anyone seen the mass of rain covering nearly the whole country! not sure i have seen that much before..

makes me laugh though, norfolk and suffolk being the only dry places in the u.k, now theres a supprise! if it were snow, that would be jus absolutly typical!

ohh - i spoke too early! - its raining.

Edited by Mr_Pessimistic

Posted

Just popped my head out the front door and our wheelie-bins vanished. Should be heading for you Leeanne, you cant miss it, it's a nice bright Arsenal red! Posted Image

Tom.

Hi Tom you won't find it on top of the table....the red Liverpool one is therePosted Image

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: As long as it's not North Sea muck, I'll cope.

It might be where I am, but just been out for a walk, breezy, yes...gusty (a little) but nothing different from an autumn day? Very little rain as well?? I'm not going to complain as some are getting battered by the sounds of it. I did think we were going to get hammered here...maybe its lulling me into a false sense of security?Posted Image

A lot worse than that here. In pub, as I don't want to listen to what I can't deal with in wind and dark. :( Landlord here worrying big time - rushing about with torch etc.
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Humid & stormy

Certainly sounds winder here, but our local weather station has had the wind speed and gusts at pretty much the same since 9PM. 

Still the Max Gust here at 66 Mph from earlier this evening. 

http://www.shorehambeachweather.co.uk/

been following that station too, would have thought it would be getting even windier now, maybe soon

Edited by JK1
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and no more than 25degC

For what it's worth - despite being on flood warning...the lull in the rain here has given the stream a fighting chance. Nevertheless, it is still running at  0.5" from breaking bank.I know everyone is worried about the wind...but can anyone help as to how much more rain is expected between now and tomorrow morning please?xxxx

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer & Snowy Winter

Gusts across SE incl London will become nasty around midnight and early hrs. You've been experiencing a lull in the weather. Will get worse. - Tomasz Schafernaker

Edited by Luton Weather

Posted
  • Location: Caterham-on-the-hill, Surrey, 190m asl (home), Heathrow (work)
  • Location: Caterham-on-the-hill, Surrey, 190m asl (home), Heathrow (work)

Seems there are higher gusts inland than St Judes IMO, 69mph at Headcorn Aerodrome in Kent, which is a good 25-30 miles inland from the coast. So I'm sure we are likely to see 60-70mph gusts inland across the southeast, 80mph+ along Channel coast.

• Like 6

Posted

I'm with you. Garden fence now all over garden. Just been out there for 20 min, seriously scary weather, even blew me over at one point (andi'm hardly lightweight)! Horley, by Gatwick.

Sorry for quoting myself - but I get to see Gatwick planes landing from the east and the amount of late that have dipped to land only to ascend at the seemingly last minute is really quite unnerving,.

Posted

Gusts across SE incl London will become nasty around midnight and early hrs. You've been experiencing a lull in the weather. Will get worse. - Tomasz Schafernakerr

If this is a lull then I am seriously worried about later

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: T/Storms, Snow, Extreme Rain, Anything out of the ordinary!

A lot worse than that here. In pub, as I don't want to listen to what I can't deal with in wind and dark. Posted Image Landlord here worrying big time - rushing about with torch etc.

I may have spoke too soon, now lashing it down and wind picking up markedly!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Storms

According to the weather station nearest to me, wind speed is currently around 20mph with 35-40mph gusts, so not that bad here. I believe the St Jude storm was stronger, though not as long Barometer currently reads 977 hPaGoing to take myself off to bed and get some sleep. Sleep through anything me. :DStay safe everyone and I hope the damage isn't to great in the morning.

Agree with you there. It will strengthen over the next few hours as the storm rattles across our region. Interesting to see the highest gust speed recorded in our part of the world. Edited by MagicBat

Posted

If this is a lull then I am seriously worried about later

Me too, will be pleased to make it through the night intact. This is far worse than I remember '87 being.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: T/Storms, Snow, Extreme Rain, Anything out of the ordinary!

Really? It's been blowing a gale here for a couple of hours and its pouring with rain. The wind is howling and there are some really strong gust. I'm only a few miles from you but I wouldn't fancy taking a walk right now. You must be made of stronger stuff than me.

I think it must have been topography maybe as now it is starting to howl and the rain is banging the windows! Dont think I will be venturing out again now!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Sun, Deep Snow, Convective Goodness, Anvil Crawlers

984mb now...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snowy Weather

Hi Tom, pretty certain your wheelie bin was playing at the Emirates tonight - explains the rubbish performance i guessPosted Image

I like it bjay, Its actually the choice of my son and daughter, who are both Arsenal fans. Ooh I see another dig at Arsenal further up the page. I'm actually an A.C.Milan fan and of course a 0-0 result would be seen as a fantastic result! Posted Image

A red and black stripped bin, would be quite something too! Posted Image

Tom.

• Like 2