Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East & East Anglia Regional Weather Discussion 23/12/13

Snowangel-MK

Posted

i'm actually very cold now and beginning to shiver, despite being in bed, my shoulders and arms are out of the blankets so i've put my shawl on.Means the temperature must have dropped again.

The wind continues to make a swooshing noise, each time more prolonged.Can't hear any rain.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 'Big talk' weather....:-)

Lost power here in Biggin for about 20 mins.....amazing how more intense it all feels/sounds when there is nothing else going on. No television, no laptop, no light.  We have trees down and flooding in the lanes.  Love 'weather' however, getting a bot scary now :-(. Stay safe guys xx

Posted

Take care folks and stay safe ! In Yorkshire at the moment so missing out on the storm to a degree.. but certainly not great weather here either

Posted

Not much happening here apart from the odd 30mph gust, but driving along the M1 at 10pm was quite windy, the spray from the trucks was being blown a lot further back than usual!

Just up the hill in Bushey and I concur. It's windy and wet but no different to what we experienced this afternoon.

Posted

i do not like how strong this wind is already

really powerful and lots of banging and crashing ouside

power flicked off briefly a few minutes ago

Posted
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast

The increasing roar outside seems worse than that experienced here during the St Jude's Day Storm. Be glad of the calmer conditions and sunshine by Xmas Day.

Agreed, this storm is coming across far more powerful!

I worry for my mum though who is driving back in it :(

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hurricanes, Thunderstorms and blizzards please!

Wind gusts increasing in strength all the time.  The frequency of these gusts is increasing also.  Impressive stuff!

Posted

It might be where I am, but just been out for a walk, breezy, yes...gusty (a little) but nothing different from an autumn day? Very little rain as well?? I'm not going to complain as some are getting battered by the sounds of it. I did think we were going to get hammered here...maybe its lulling me into a false sense of security?Posted Image

Really? It's been blowing a gale here for a couple of hours and its pouring with rain. The wind is howling and there are some really strong gust. I'm only a few miles from you but I wouldn't fancy taking a walk right now. You must be made of stronger stuff than me.

Posted

i'm actually very cold now and beginning to shiver, despite being in bed, my shoulders and arms are out of the blankets so i've put my shawl on.Means the temperature must have dropped again.

The wind continues to make a swooshing noise, each time more prolonged.Can't hear any rain.

Sounds as though it's considerably worse with you than here (about 25 miles North North West as the crow flies).  Windy but (thankfully nowhere near as bad as our friends further South.  Hope all are OK

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extremes

pretty wild here in orpington, my rather inaccurate barometer is now at 968 hpa.. it read 1002 this morning at 9am.. areas of petts wood now on flood alert, not good..

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and no more than 25degC

The A22 between Godstone and blindley heath

Posted Image

OMG!!!!  This is my regular route. Drove down there back from Leeds yesterday and remarked to my guest "this bit will have a problem tomorrow"

Seriously though - didn;t think it would be THAT much of a problem.

Let's be careful out there!

xxx

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy snow and ice days

Just opened the front door to see how windy it is. Can confirm it's very windy and definitely worse than judes. Won't be doing that again.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, snowy winters and thunderstorms!

I think I've worked out that a row of trees is protecting our house from the worst of it. Those trees are quite diagonal now and the houses on the other side of it are losing everything that isn't fastened down.

Posted

Yikes. .. conservatory roof emergency repairs done. Had to just bash in a few nails and brace it down. Panels were starting to lift. Velux window has lost its seal and rain is pouring into my bedroom, awning blown off over my front door. Fence down and roof tiles flying off. Merry Blinking Christmas to me. Blah

I'm with you. Garden fence now all over garden. Just been out there for 20 min, seriously scary weather, even blew me over at one point (andi'm hardly lightweight)! Horley, by Gatwick.

Posted

Just cleared a tree blocking the country road outside my house with the help of a passing motorist.

Very wet and gusty enough to get me running back for clear ground afterwards!

• Like 1

Posted

According to the weather station nearest to me, wind speed is currently around 20mph with 35-40mph gusts, so not that bad here.  I believe the St Jude storm was stronger, though not as long lasting.

Barometer currently reads 977 hPa

Going to take myself off to bed and get some sleep.  Sleep through anything me. :D

Stay safe everyone and I hope the damage isn't to great in the morning. 

• Like 3