Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East & East Anglia Regional Weather Discussion 23/12/13

Snowangel-MK

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe gales/storms, snow, thunder!

It has really picked up you can start hearing noises from the roof now, almost waiting for something to come crashing down, its going to get wrose BBC24 was saying 80mph here

Oh CRUMBS!  Posted Image It's howling now for sure and getting more frequent too

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool not cold, warm not hot. No strong Wind.

Deity!

some variety show and comedy on TV (BBC) and the jokes are worse than the crackers!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe gales/storms, snow, thunder!

Anyways folks I'm coming off here for the night now, stay safe and I'll catch up with you all tomorrow to get your assessment of the nights events.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Love a bit of snow

Just lost power for 15 mins

Felt like longer

Well I found candles but was told by the wife not them ones there my good ones.

Lol really

Anyway found the general household ones then power came back on

Hope it stays on

Edited by snowbob
  • Like 5

Posted

Just looked out and wind is building again but rain has stayed off.

Edited by Jax

Posted

Look East/BBC news now on

Posted

if you what to take your  mind off  try watching the  planes trying to land   at  Garrick   bet there some brown pants  there  a  lot going around trying again  heath row seems  to be landing  ok  at the moment

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Tornadoes, Snow and Hot Sun

the huge trees out the front of our house are cracking. I had a look out the door and could hear them with every gust. I've moved the kids to my bed in the back of the house, not taking any chances because if one of those came down towards the house we'd be in trouble. I cant imagine what its going to be like if it gets worse?!

• Like 2

Posted
  • Location: Caterham-on-the-hill, Surrey, 190m asl (home), Heathrow (work)
  • Location: Caterham-on-the-hill, Surrey, 190m asl (home), Heathrow (work)

Light flickering occasionally even in south London. Gust of 76mph at Langdon Bay near Dover, can you imagine the waves crashing along the coast there!

Peak gusts yet to come, around midnight, along the Channel coast according to 18z GFS. Winds not likely to ease until after 3 or 4am in the morning.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Sun, Deep Snow, Convective Goodness, Anvil Crawlers

hmm, the light flickering is getting more frequent. Poor Cats are hiding under my bed!

I should have charged all my portable devices before now *doh*. My iPad take forever to juice, and I can't go to bed without it, I won't be able to see updates or radar or anything!!

• Like 2

Posted

Yikes. .. conservatory roof emergency repairs done. Had to just bash in a few nails and brace it down. Panels were starting to lift. Velux window has lost its seal and rain is pouring into my bedroom, awning blown off over my front door. Fence down and roof tiles flying off. Merry Blinking Christmas to me. Blah

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: April!

Rather oddly, my Weather Pro app has suddenly dropped the expected gusts in the early hours from mid sixties down to mid fifties for my location. I hope they're right but this is the same app that gave me a blizzard warning in August, so I will take it with a pinch of salt!

• Like 1

Posted

Hi there SE gang,

Just had two power surges at home. Power is still on so bravo to the electric board whoever they are now for keeping power afloat. Got preparedness supplies to hand to be on the safe side.

The storm is going to peak in the SE just after midnight with 80 mph wind gusts Posted Image

Be safe everyone.

Yamkin

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: MCC/MCS Thunderstorms

All flights have an alternate if they cannot land at their destination. As he had been around a few times he was probably getting low on fuel and therefore couldn't risk another go around, so he or she went to the alternate.

How you know that makes me love you!! haha!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Sun, Deep Snow, Convective Goodness, Anvil Crawlers

TinyWhere are you watching planes?U have link?

http://www.flightradar24.com/51.18,0.05/7

• Like 2

Posted

the huge trees out the front of our house are cracking. I had a look out the door and could hear them with every gust. I've moved the kids to my bed in the back of the house, not taking any chances because if one of those came down towards the house we'd be in trouble. I cant imagine what its going to be like if it gets worse?!

Hopefully not going to be too bad in faversham.... We had a wall in our back garden and when we were on holiday 70 mph wind hit faversham and brought down a 15 ft wall of clematis on ours and nextdoors garden.... I remember listening to the trees in the park 'cracking' when they hit in high winds, they sounded hollow.... Stay safe and hope its not too bad.... Edited by WillinGlossop

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, snowy winters and thunderstorms!

How you know that makes me love you!! haha!

Unapologetic aviation geek/wannabe pilot, sir.

• Like 7

Posted

I've never heard wind like this, ever. Very scary. The garden is already in bits, and I read the worst is still on it's way. Not looking forward to getting much sleep, or seeing the damage in the morning. This feels much worse than the St Jude's storm.....