Cold?
IGNORED

South East & East Anglia Regional Weather Discussion 23/12/13

Snowangel-MK

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Tornadoes, Snow and Hot Sun

jeez its getting scary now :( never heard anything like it in my adult life

Posted

here  in Ipswich wind howling outside  looks like someone  got a  hose on our front windows at the  moment could  be  some nasty flooding  in all areas  soon

Posted

After 2 landing attempts, I wonder where they are diverting to, the EZY behind him also went around and seems to be following him.

http://www.flightradar24.com/MON249

probably off to Stansted where the other one went. They seem to be queuing up there now.

• Like 1

Posted

Just had a gust of wind here - scared the life out of me. It's not often I feel nervous about the weather, but for some reason I feel really anxious about tonight!

If you have what we had earlier then I can understand your concern. Was scary earlier, mind you we have phase two
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything Extreme

the Max Gust here is STILL at 66 Mph. I was expecting it to be more than that by now Tbh. 

Not so sure we're going to get these Gusts of up to 80 Mph , unless it really starts to turn up a few notches soon.

Seems to have leveled out now at 40-45 Knots,gusting occasionally to 55 - 60 Mph. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Spring, Autumn, Snow ..... not, I repeat, not heatwaves!!

Hmmmm, just had a gust that dumped the veg trug cover across the patio and broke up the $ky signal! Not happened before.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe gales/storms, snow, thunder!

Current readings here are mean wind of 29mph gusting 55mph+ my guess, by the time it peaks a steady wind of 36mph is predicted so gusts surely topping 70mph?..

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder Storms. All extreme weather.

Just been out for a ciggie and it was calm ish....then there was a really big gust so I came back in. :O Can't look at my aeroplane radar cos my battery is down to 6% and it's taking one helluva time to charge.

See you all later. :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms, very cold (inc. anticyclonic) weather

probably off to Stansted where the other one went. They seem to be queuing up there now.

It helps that Stansted's runway is alinged near enough North/south. It's a lot easier to land in a headwind than a gusty sidewind! I bet there are a lot of angry and fed up passengers around the country tonight!

• Like 3

Posted

the Max Gust here is STILL at 66 Mph. I was expecting it to be more than that by now Tbh. 

Not so sure we're going to get these Gusts of up to 80 Mph , unless it really starts to turn up a few notches soon.

Seems to have leveled out now at 40-45 Knots,gusting occasionally to 55 - 60 Mph. 

It will do around midnight onwards as forecast ;-)

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snowy Weather

Some stronger gusts here now. Dont know if JP posted this up earlier but this was the situation at 6.00 pm.

You can see on the latest radar grabs that squall line I mentioned earlier, which would tie-in with where the cold front is at the moment, stretching SW from Cornwall.

Posted Image

Edited by Kentish CZ
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, snowy winters and thunderstorms!

Gone all quiet again in StroodPosted Image

Posted

Just popped up town quickly and the wind is starting to pick up now... There was a lot of broken umbrella's scattered about which had clearly been abandoned by the Christmas shoppers earlier on! Posted Image There was also a chair, clearly from a coffee shop, just left in the middle of the high street.

Posted

Mega gusts now!! Scary sounding!

Still another 2 or 3 hours until this thing starts peaking!  #SCARY

• Like 1

Posted

Rain absolutely tipping buckets now, wind beginning to ramp up more and more with every gust it seems!

Posted

It has really picked up you can start hearing noises from the roof now, almost waiting for something to come crashing down, its going to get wrose BBC24 was saying 80mph here

• Like 1