Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East & East Anglia Regional Weather Discussion 23/12/13

Snowangel-MK

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, snowy winters and thunderstorms!

I have a feeling there is going to be a few fuel emergencies tonight. I would both love and hate to be a pilot in weather like this.

• Like 1

Posted

Scared here too. Waited anxiously for my 20 yr old son to get home safely from work (new driver in an old car), for him to go back out in it again to get his girlfriend back to her Mums in Hatfield.. Would rather he had stayed here safe, but sadly her Aunt passed away this afternoon and she needed to get home Posted Image

And then to top it all my fiance is in Enfield working outside overnight shunting lorries round a yard, and most likely will also be out in the lorries delivering too.. 

I am guessing I will be in here alot tonight, to keep a track of things and for some people to talk to. I hate the wind, and it does scare me. Just hoping at least my son gets home soon and thats one less worry.. 

I am guessing that we are still due worse to come yet?? Please stay safe all 

You will always find a calming voice on here to help you through,no one here is in to panicing people,hope he gets home safely and soon. Yes it is due to get worse but if indoors it may not be noticable,put a film on and turn the sound up....stay safe indoors and try and keep in touch with then both.

Posted

Just looking at the BBC News live updates some guy on there is saying he is waiting for a flight at Heathrow and he's been told inbound flight tried to land twice and has had to go to Amsterdam to refuel now.

Posted

Ooh where's he going off to now?

http://www.flightradar24.com/EZY84RX

Could be Norwich, or possibly Amsterdam to refuel. Imagine that. You finally make it home for Christmas at Gatwick and there's no trains running. Alternatively, head into Amsterdam and get ******-up. 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

Could be Norwich, or possibly Amsterdam to refuel. Imagine that. You finally make it home for Christmas at Gatwick and there's no trains running. Alternatively, head into Amsterdam and get ******-up. 

Possibly Stansted judging by his route

Posted

Oh I dunno could think of worse places to get sent to.Amsterdam could be quite fun.Posted Image

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, snowy winters and thunderstorms!

I don't know if the radar is going funny but no one is taking off from LGW and most that have gone around seem to be diverting.

LGW closing?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: lots of snow and cold crisp mornings! thunder storms!

Hi Looby not got work tonight have you ? just had to go and retrieve my wheelie bins (Full) from down the front path,nearly gone two houses down without falling over thank god.

No im not in now until the 27th yes our bin has been on walk abouts and our blossom tree that was screwed into concrete has blown down :( stay safe tonight im not sure what end of the bay you are but looks as though we are in for a thrashing and incase of a power outage have a safe merry Christmas x
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything and everything

You will always find a calming voice on here to help you through,no one here is in to panicing people,hope he gets home safely and soon. Yes it is due to get worse but if indoors it may not be noticable,put a film on and turn the sound up....stay safe indoors and try and keep in touch with then both.

thank you. Still not back yet, but trying not to worry too much yet. TV, tumble dryer and dishwasher are all on so i can't hear too much out there at the moment. Going to check the local traffic report to see whats occuring round here. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

Let's hope he gets down safely, these are real people on board. I suspect this flight will not be the last to get in trouble due to this weather!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: MCC/MCS Thunderstorms

TCX56KA off to heathrow now?

Thought my job was bad in weather like this.

FL190 is the cruise to Manchester area.

Ooh where's he going off to now?

http://www.flightradar24.com/EZY84RX

Stansted.

• Like 1

South Coast & South East England - Storm Alert From 21:00 tonight until 04:00am

Strong and stormy winds still transferring into Eastern/South Eastern England in the next several hours, but these are expected to ease from around 18:00 until about 21:00. A short-wave feature translates East and tightens the pressure gradient further with a strong cold front surging East, this will move through Western England from around 23:00 translating East across the rest of the country through the night. Most damaging gusts will occur between Bournemouth East towards Brighton, Folkestone and Dove across all of Kent. Counties of Hampshire, Sussex, Middlesex, Essex, London area and Kent are expected to experience the most damaging winds, with severe gale penetrating some-way inland. Gusts of 60mph to 75mph are expected widely inland, with gusts well in excess of 80mph possible on the coast.

Worst affected counties tonight will be 1 Kent Sussex Hampshire Middlesex London <5> Essex

In the above counties, expect significant disruption due to uprooting trees, damage to buildings, power loss and the affect that this will have on local transport.
  • Like 2