Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East & East Anglia Regional Weather Discussion 23/12/13

Snowangel-MK

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: The most likely outcome. The MJO is only half the story!

hope you stay safe.You had the more sensible idea, i think staying tuned to updates.

The problem is being concerned about it doesn't stop it happening. So on the basis of being indoors anyway (where it is safest) then distractions from other family members can be a help.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, Storms and epic cold snowy winters

JP. Need Winter to hurry up and settle things down. Can't believe there is a another stormy one on the way around the 27th.Posted Image

Posted

The problem is being concerned about it doesn't stop it happening. So on the basis of being indoors anyway (where it is safest) then distractions from other family members can be a help.

yes, you are right, we can't stop it happening.by reading about it.I'll still stay here and read about it though.Stay safe where you are, Tamara.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer & Snowy Winter

Strong winds in South East England, East Anglia in the next hour or two, then brief lull in South England. Stronger winds from mid-evening to early hours. - MeteoGroup UK

Posted

i agree jason

watching that friday storm but will wait until later on the fax charts

there are signs of a change early january

more on that soon Posted Image

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Cold.

The wind is strengthening here ... and body has been found in the river at Cumbria. :(

Just heard that very sad news also. Losing someone is so very sad any time if the year - but this close to Christmas :-(

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: The most likely outcome. The MJO is only half the story!

yes, you are right, we can't stop it happening.by reading about it.I'll still stay here and read about it though.Stay safe where you are, Tamara.

You too - and I hope your recovery continues so that you are as comfortable as possible for ChristmasPosted Image

Posted

evening alll 

hope every 1 says safe it getting ruff out there ,thank god my lot have pulled over  in feilxstowe dock ,be safe every1 ,takecare

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow,thunder,tornados

Wind is realky picking up now,going to be fun later,stay safe and keep indoors,hoping that something can happen to calm the atlantic down,shes not a happy bunny

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe gales/storms, snow, thunder!

Is this reminding anyone of the October 2000 storm when the winds steadily got worse throughout the day then during the night / early hours period went absolutely NUTS!  Posted Image I sincerely hope the inland gusts don't get as bad as they did that night.Posted Image

Posted

Am I silly to be scared? Apart from son I'm on my own..,,

My house is a 'new house' (completed 2012) yet the roof is creaking, the windows whistling etc.

There's times like this I had someone about to calm me down...

• Like 4

Posted

Here is a travel advisory for those in the Yarmouth area,

confirmed by Southernman and his boss at Reedham, they have closed the Reedham ferry, no more crossings for the rest of the night, due obviously to the weather.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: April!

The news that someone has died in these storms just backs up why I hate high winds so much; now a family is devastated and their future Christmases forever to be a time of sorrow.

Puts in perspective some of the salivating "bring it on" comments I've been seeing in some threads on here on the last few days. This is not fun.

• Like 8

Posted
  • Location: Bishop's Stortford in England and Klingenmünster in Germany
  • Location: Bishop's Stortford in England and Klingenmünster in Germany

Metoffice weathermap (on their website) shows quite nicely what is forecast to develop and hit us circa midnight to three a.m.  Currently in the western approaches, but should build quite rapidly and intensity as it appears to slow down over the SE.

Posted

Am I silly to be scared? Apart from son I'm on my own..,,My house is a 'new house' (completed 2012) yet the roof is creaking, the windows whistling etc.There's times like this I had someone about to calm me down...

no not at all, it is scary when you hear the house creakiing.Everyone here is really nice, just talk to them.

• Like 8

Posted

Am I silly to be scared? Apart from son I'm on my own..,,My house is a 'new house' (completed 2012) yet the roof is creaking, the windows whistling etc.There's times like this I had someone about to calm me down...

That steady roar outside isn't very nice, so I am going to turn the TV up and then have some drinks , else I am not going to get through the next 12 hours without going crazy!

By the way, storms like this scare me too, so don't feel bad......

Edited by Chalk Serpent
  • Like 4

Posted

no not at all, it is scary when you hear the house creakiing.Everyone here is really nice, just talk to them.

Thank you so much, I guess it doesn't help my nerves that I have an interest in the weather/what's going on, I knew this was coming days ago and of course warned family who then laughed at me....Really sad to hear of a death already...

That steady roar outside isn't very nice, so I am going to turn the TV up and then have some drinks , else I am not going to get through the next 12 hours without going crazy! By the way, storms like this scare me too, so don't feel bad......

Thank you :) currently have the washing machine on and tv will be going on (for as long as that holds up) in a minute,
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Cold.

Am I silly to be scared? Apart from son I'm on my own..,,My house is a 'new house' (completed 2012) yet the roof is creaking, the windows whistling etc. There's times like this I had someone about to calm me down...

Hey, don't be scared.... Just hunker down, have an early night and hopefully you will sleep through it. TBH this is my worse weather type, and I really hope things don't turn out as bad as forecasted. Take care

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow cold,storms and heat

Am I silly to be scared? Apart from son I'm on my own..,,My house is a 'new house' (completed 2012) yet the roof is creaking, the windows whistling etc. There's times like this I had someone about to calm me down...

Not at all silly,I'm a single mum and it's frightening but all will be fine ,stay logged in here and you will find that everyone is lovely .X

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe gales/storms, snow, thunder!

Thank you so much, I guess it doesn't help my nerves that I have an interest in the weather/what's going on, I knew this was coming days ago and of course warned family who then laughed at me....

Really sad to hear of a death already...

Thank you Posted Image currently have the washing machine on and tv will be going on (for as long as that holds up) in a minute,

It's people that ignore warnings and think their bullet proof to the power of mother nature that get caught out by it and end up stranded, injured or killed so don't feel embarrassed about warning them about it, if they decide to venture out this evening it's on their own head be it!

• Like 2

Posted

hi masked

when i warn people of incoming weather all be it family or friends

i tend to get ignored as well

unless of course they are interested in weather

you can only advise and its up to the individual if they listen Posted Image

• Like 2

Posted

Thank you so much, I guess it doesn't help my nerves that I have an interest in the weather/what's going on, I knew this was coming days ago and of course warned family who then laughed at me....

Really sad to hear of a death already...

Thank you Posted Image currently have the washing machine on and tv will be going on (for as long as that holds up) in a minute,

I'm also trying to find a combination of food and drink that will knock me out for the night, so I don't have to hear the strongest stuff in the early hours! Posted Image

• Like 2