Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East & East Anglia Regional Weather Discussion 23/12/13

Snowangel-MK

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: As long as it's not North Sea muck, I'll cope.

What are the wind speeds meant to be in Ipswich area later?

Probably high sixties mph (gusts), midnight till three, I reckon.

Edit, I see I was beaten by a couple of others, but the consensus was good, I reckon. :lol:

Edited by Steve C
  • Like 1

Posted

My brother's prop plane flight is cancelled from Dublin-Southend but they've put him on a proper jet to Heathrow instead - fingers crossed they'll fly! Must be a nightmare in air traffic control at the moment - flights being diverted, then airports shutting!

34MPH gust just now in my garden which is a bit sheltered as there are houses all around. The record so far! Wheelie bins all over the place already.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

Wind appears to have dropped here in Tonbridge, or maybe I am in the lee of a hill, so sheltered slightly

I keep thinking it's dropped here then a huge sounding gust comes along and keeps blowing for ages.

Edited by alexisj9
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: As long as it's not North Sea muck, I'll cope.

Taking note of the approaching stormy weather and all advise to stay in. I just received some very bad news that my uncle is in hospital and has only a few days left. I am having to now travel from cambridgeshire to London Kent to see him for the last time. The storm could not come at a worse time.

I hope you aren't too disrupted and my commiserations as well. :(

Have told my eldest (18) to cancel tonight's pub plans with his mates for once he listened ! Although he had to pop and see his friend hubby going to pick him up soon so will ask if the crane storage depo on uxbrige road is still standing would hate to live next to that ! Stay safe everyone and merry christmas x

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, blizzards, thunder snow, thunder and lightning, heat waves, tornadoes

Strong gusts here in Chelmsford.  No idea how much, but the sound against the house is really loud.

• Like 1

Posted

So overheard wire problems at Fenchurch St and now overhead wires down at Billericay. So glad I didn't go into work today, but the girlfriend did and now I'll have to go get her.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms,Hot `n` sunny!

HAH! Is that all you had "Dirk"???

As a side note i was bloody soaked when i got home,although the M2(apart from the bridge),A299 where relatively ok wind wise,the main pita was the sheer ammount of water on the roads.

Central London was a bit gusty where the wind whips around the buildings,but now sat indoors enjoying a hot drink after a shower and watching things unfold and catching up on the forum

Seems the duration/windspeed have been shifted a little longer tonight?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder Storms. All extreme weather.

Just been for a walk to local shop and although it's very windy and raining, it's not as bad as I thought really. Maybe our part of Ippy is a bit sheltered with all the tall buildings. I dunno.

Posted

Just got in after going to collect my son from nursery, and by god is it blowy out there!, the roar from the trees as the wind whipped through them really was quite something.

Didn't seem to bother my little boy at all, in fact I think he enjoyed being blown along on his bike!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder Storms. All extreme weather.

somewhere around midnight to 3 between 60-70 mph easing down quickly after that

Thanks John. That's what I CALL windy. :O
  • Like 1

Posted

is anyone else the same? I'm jumping between the regional threads and the severe storm thread, and twitter storm posts, and live bbc updates.

I can't watch tv from here but no doubt there's information on sky and bbc24 about it as well.Unless some other news story is more important.

Updates are going on so fast I can barely keep up, i'm amazed at how many trees have fallen on the railway lines, and as pointed out the real storm isn't yet here.

I can still here wind gusting a little outside.

• Like 3

Posted

is anyone else the same? I'm jumping between the regional threads and the severe storm thread, and twitter storm posts, and live bbc updates.

I can't watch tv from here but no doubt there's information on sky and bbc24 about it as well.Unless some other news story is more important.

Updates are going on so fast I can barely keep up, i'm amazed at how many trees have fallen on the railway lines, and as pointed out the real storm isn't yet here.

I can still hear wind gusting a little outside.