Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East & East Anglia Regional Weather Discussion 23/12/13

Snowangel-MK

Posted

wonder what the effect will be on those wind turbine things?

Wind turbins still turning, the storm two weeks ago turned them off, so not as bad at the moment.but hope it picks up an blow the horrid things down,...on land ones that is

Posted

Posted Image

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/satpics/latest_uk_ir.html

isabelle

now to 5 not much change but gusts a shade higher

between 5-6 winds getting stronger and poss thunderstorms in the mix

between 11 to 3am the worst of the winds

very heavy rain being an issue here as well

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder Storms. All extreme weather.

quote name="JennyJane1" post="2871405" timestamp="1387810909"]That's strange, I wonder if the same sort i found a few weeks ago, there were about half a dozen of them over a few days in the bath, i don't know where they came from, and i was surprised they were out so late in the year.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

http://www.travelweekly.co.uk/Articles/2013/12/23/46461/port-of-dover-issues-severe-weather-warning.html

The port of Dover has issued a severe weather warning ahead of expected high winds today and into Tuesday morning.

Winds potentially peaking with gusts of 70-80mph between midnight and 6am are forecast.

The port is advising its customers to contact their ferry operator and check its website or Twitter account for the latest information on Channel crossings.

“The safety of customers and staff is our priority and we are monitoring the situation closely and making preparations to ensure that systems are in place to minimise any disruption and delays to travellers,†the port said.

Just posting in case anyone is thinking of catching a ferry.

Posted

Southampton airport closed

Posted

hi isabelle

its not as bad in the sense of who got the st judes storm got hit hard

but this is over a much wider area

the bit later tonight is the worrying bit as the jet gets involved and the gusts are really guesswork at that time

• Like 1

Posted

This is quite ferocious and really not very nice. I have to got to clapham first then home to welling which i am not looking forward to

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder Storms. All extreme weather.

What are the wind speeds meant to be in Ipswich area later?

Posted
  • Location: Chelsfield, Orpington (Kent / SE London) - 115m ASL
  • Location: Chelsfield, Orpington (Kent / SE London) - 115m ASL

Our cast iron door knocker is knocking on the (semi-sheltered) front door in the wind - we've lived in this house for over 10 years and I've never heard it do that before. I keep thinking we have unannounced visitors!

• Like 4

Posted

What are the wind speeds meant to be in Ipswich area later?

somewhere around midnight to 3

between 60-70 mph

easing down quickly after that

• Like 1

Posted

Getting silly now outside! Big gusts of wind! Only going to get wworse..

you know that link you gave for ukstorm on twitter? Have you read there are some idiots on there who, despite having been told that trees are down on railway lines, and various other problems, insist on saying they don't know what all the fuss is about/ its really annoying.

• Like 2

Posted

quote name="JennyJane1" post="2871405" timestamp="1387810909"]That's strange, I wonder if the same sort i found a few weeks ago, there were about half a dozen of them over a few days in the bath, i don't know where they came from, and i was surprised they were out so late in the year.

I've just identified it as a 'Tiger Moth' caterpillar. He is a very hairy little thing and curled in a ball in a box in the loo. Posted Image

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

Gusts of wind are becoming stronger now and have a sort of roar to them if you know what I mean !  

At least I've finished work now for 6 days so no concerns about clients getting to their appointments, just hope I have some power for my baking day tomorrow or it will be raw pastry and mince meat instead of mince pies !!

Stay safe everyone.... see you in the morning if I haven't blown away in my Chrimbo jumper when I'm out on the town tonight Posted Image

• Like 6

Posted

Our cast iron door knocker is knocking on the (semi-sheltered) front door in the wind - we've lived in this house for over 10 years and I've never heard it do that before. I keep thinking we have unannounced visitors!

u can imagine it cant you yes come in....

oh damn knocker again

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snowy Weather

Afternoon all,

Starting to get some really strong gusts here on the Kent/London border, a lot banging and crashing going on, I can see a few wheelie bins overturned down our close, amongst some general debris.

Still looks as if worst of the winds will be between midnight and 3 am, with strongest winds abating right across the region by dawn. 

Now am I mad enough to try to get to Bromley for a couple of hours, probably! Posted Image

But are town centres closing early tonight, due to the severe weather, does anyone know?

Posted ImagePosted Image

Edited by Kentish CZ

Posted

Taking note of the approaching stormy weather and all advise to stay in. I just received some very bad news that my uncle is in hospital and has only a few days left. I am having to now travel from cambridgeshire to London Kent to see him for the last time. The storm could not come at a worse time.

Posted

Taking note of the approaching stormy weather and all advise to stay in. I just received some very bad news that my uncle is in hospital and has only a few days left. I am having to now travel from cambridgeshire to London Kent to see him for the last time. The storm could not come at a worse time.

I am very sorry to hear it.I hope you get there safely.

• Like 5