Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East & East Anglia Regional Weather Discussion 23/12/13

Snowangel-MK

Posted

wonder what the effect will be on those wind turbine things?

Depends if the brakes hold

Posted Image

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Love a bit of snow

Posted Image

heres a ramp

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

not quite an outlier as a few agree with that above

posted to try and cheer everyone up with this yuk weather at present

the bit on the ensembles i like is the reduction showing in precipitation and temp

from the 1st

Hi john

Cheered me up as I am trying to get home from work

No trams as a fallen tree already

It's filthy out there right now

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold Snow and a good Thunder & Lightening

No need to ask where might cop the worst of this, just look at the colours here:

Posted ImageWind.PNG

http://www.windfinder.com/weather-maps/report/#8/51.423/0.390

Ohhh bugger...
  • Like 1

Posted

I couldn't find anyone that knew there was a storm coming, some had heard heavy rain but nothing about the wind.

Yes its worrying, i mentioned it to my nurse when she came this morning, she seemed surprised when I said i had been keeping up to date with what was going on as it looked dangerous.

I've had a discussion with Southernman that he will be careful tonight, and ask to leave work early if necessary, he also said he was worried about the route he takes to work which is lined with huge trees and very rural.

Posted

Bit daft turning them off thought that is the idea of them defeats the object if you ask me more wind the faster they go round creating energy i know the energy companies would say something different they want us to use more electricity and gas they make more profit

Posted

Awww, I've just found a very hairy little caterpillar in the kitchen. He is now snug and safe in the downstairs loo. Yeah! I know....I AM completely bonkers. Posted Image

That's strange, I wonder if the same sort i found a few weeks ago, there were about half a dozen of them over a few days in the bath, i don't know where they came from, and i was surprised they were out so late in the year.

• Like 1

Posted

Bit daft turning them off thought that is the idea of them defeats the object if you ask me more wind the faster they go round creating energy i know the energy companies would say something different they want us to use more electricity and gas they make more profit

I'm sure i read that high winds were dangerous as the blades can fly off.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, snowy winters and thunderstorms!

We have pretty constant sustained strong winds now.

The clouds are practically running past.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe gales/storms, snow, thunder!

Mean winds steadily increasing currently less gusty then about half an hour ago but I suspect it'll get really wild later this evening!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers and cold snowy winters

This wind is really something - an enormous gust just now which made my daughter scream out loud!  And we are well inland! What on earth is it going to be like tonight? I think a few festive beverages may be in order to give me Dutch courage (I'm not very keen on wind either...) And I'm so thrilled that I picked this afternoon to take the kids to the pantomime. Please everyone, take care - this is clearly going to be a storm to remember.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNOW

Just had a huge gust whilst having fag at the back door.just as I shut the door someone's hanging basket went flying past and hit the fence.

Posted

Awww, I've just found a very hairy little caterpillar in the kitchen. He is now snug and safe in the downstairs loo. Yeah! I know....I AM completely bonkers. :D

I've found two big moths indoors in the last 24 hours and I made sure they went in a snug pot outside :)Pressure down to 997mb..

Posted

Really nasty here now, everyone else has gone home. Just about to head back myself. Building i am in has already lost some scaffolding.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

Don't  know how big the gust are now, but they are certainly making some noise and some are quite long lived.

• Like 1

Posted

Pretty awful here near Croydon -anyone idea when it is going to peak around here - currently have a daughter and granddaughter here who will be leaving to go home later and another daughter who is insisting fine to drive later on - very worrying. Any idea how this storm compares to the recent St Judes?

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: hot sunny summers to ripen the veg and cold snowy winters of course

Finally got released from work for xmas and am now safely indoors listening to the wind and rain. It looks really grim out there at the moment. It's bin day here so there's lots of rubbish blowing around the roads, and lots of bins over/broken. Think I'll just leave mine lying down for now.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Tornadoes, Snow and Hot Sun

I've had to put the tumble dryer on to drown out the noise, its scaring the kids. Hopefully they'll be sound asleep later when it really gets going. Its beastly out there now. Scary/exciting all at once

• Like 4