Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East & East Anglia Regional Weather Discussion 23/12/13

Snowangel-MK

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

Welcome to the new regional thread for London, the South East and East Anglia .....

There are Severe weather warnings issued for many parts of the UK for potentially damaging winds leading to travel disruption so please take care out there it's not going to be nice ....

post-10773-0-04196400-1387781462_thumb.p

(Warning map taken from Weather Watch UK https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=266615696825751&set=a.136967756457213.31253.136117933208862&type=1&theater )

post-10773-0-60820300-1387781788_thumb.j

link to the previous thread here....

http://forum.netweather.tv/topic/78792-south-east-east-anglia-regional-weather-discussion-181213/page-39

Edited by MKsnowangel

Posted

Morning all, got to make mad dash to supermarket this morning got 30 minutes to get my Christmas fruit and veg, then another dash to Harlow, before getting back to Dartford by 11, problem with being ill before Christmas no shopping gets done. Dry presently and no wind. Ate my first meal in 6 days last night, lost a stone in weight, can Father Christmas buy me a new belt please, or will I get arrested in waitrose today?

Fortunately the wife's illness was fairly short lived, whilst she still not a 100%, its look like the Christmas dinner may not have to be cooked by me! which I am sure will relieve those coming on Wednesday.

Edited by Charltonkerry
  • Like 5

Posted

Good morning all, an 'interesting' day of weather looks to be coming up, take care all that are travelling later on (we travel

tomorrow to South West London in the morning and then to Brighton around mid afternoon by which time it looks likely to have

settled down a bit)

Am booked out on holiday today but unfortunately, as well as having come down with a 'finish work' cold (!), will now have to be

working for quite a chunk of the day - I'll be cancelling the day's leave that's for sure.

Merry Christmas all

AS

Edited by abruzzi spur
  • Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: lots of snow and cold crisp mornings! thunder storms!

Great was set to go tescos tonight at 8 whilst kids were in bed ( parents babysitting) but dont fancy my chances in this weather tonight :/ may have to see about going this morning with them

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Tornadoes, Snow and Hot Sun

take care everyone if you're venturing out and about. I'm popping out in an hour to get the last bits done. And just in case we lose power and internet I shall say it now, Have a wonderful Christmas everyone xx

• Like 3

Posted Image

This is the gust chart for the same time midnight..

Notice that 60 knot black line creeping right into London...

60knots = 70mph even stronger on the coast 

IMO the reason we are seeing such high wind speeds is the Channel is acting like a massive funnel for the winds... and as the Channel tightens around the South east coast this could cause the winds to really pep up! Just like when you blow down a straw, the wind is focused in one place and faster!

Edited by Surrey

Posted

Good morning all, I'm just walking home after my final night shift... It's very much the calm before the storm outside at the moment, bar some light rain, you wouldn't realise what was heading our way later.

Surrey it ties in with Met O latest it has me down for about 40 from about 1800 peak gust time seems to be about 3am with gusts of 75 at this time.

Not good at all.. I posted this just now in the storm thread.. But anybody that is interested in how this low is deepening..

It is all thanks to warm air meeting cold air... And the latest map shows this well..

post-12648-0-22122400-1387784270_thumb.j

http://earth.nullschool.net/#current/wind/isobaric/1000hPa/orthographic=-21.97,43.06,1066

South of the "eye" sustained at 64mph DAMN!

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Morning all.

Cloudy and calm here at the moment, don't think that will last long though Posted Image

Posted

I would just like to point out I'm liking posts that are giving out the latest information but I am liking the fact that someone is posting it not what they are actually saying!

• Like 2

Posted

Morning all.

Cloudy and calm here at the moment, don't think that will last long though Posted Image

Still blue sky here, just a hint of a breeze.

As the Captain said, It's not expected to last

Edited by NorthNorfolkWeather

Posted

Well managed to work from home today but the other half wasn't so lucky. I can see me having to go pick her up from London later. Not holding much hope for my brother's flight which should be landing at 7PM.

Posted

Trip to tesco has been rearranged for this morning. Incase of power outage ect id just like to wish everyone a very merry Christmas and more importantly everyone to stay safe x

• Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

This is a chart that shows the "normal" wind speed as in the constant wind outside (not gusts)

This is for midnight tonight:

Posted Image

Need the experts to check what I am saying but... this so showing sustained winds @ 40mph over land and maybe up to 50mph SUSTAINED on the coast Posted Image

I can believe that from the latest GFS run, there's a little wave feature over us at that point, let's hope it buggers off, like those features often do. Certainly do not want to see it more developed in later runs.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Snow, Wind, Rain, Sun.....but mainly cooler weather!

Morning all. Cloudy with a hint of a breeze here. Supposed to be going to Kingston shopping about 10:30. Think it'll only be a flying visit.

What time is the worst weather set to hit our region please?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

Trip to tesco has been rearranged for this morning. Incase of power outage ect id just like to wish everyone a very merry Christmas and more importantly everyone to stay safe x

Doing my shoping in about half hour too, got to bus up to folkestone though, so fingers crossed things don't intensify quicker then expected.;

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, blue sky summers, misty,frosty autumns!

Good morning. It's grey and breezy here at the moment and the pressure reading is 1016.1 and the temperature is 9.2 according to my weather station. It's quite eerie as to look out there you would not realise how horrible it is going to be.

My food shop is due to be delivered after lunch - hope it makes it, or it will be ham sandwiches for Christmas lunch.

Hope everyone that has to go out today takes care, and that we all come through this storm in one piece. Stay safe all.

Posted

Well, off to the madhouse that will be Norwich in about 20 minutes, long planned as I have a  hospital appt at 12:00.  Three hours shopping followed by a rest while waiting to see my consultant.

Could be worse, wouldn't want to be shopping this afternoon.....

Looks as though the rain is getting organized in the South of the county near Brandon/Thetford, will have reached Norwich to greet me :-(

Edited by NorthNorfolkWeather

Posted

Doing my shoping in about half hour too, got to bus up to folkestone though, so fingers crossed things don't intensify quicker then expected.;

Hopefully it doesnt im aiming to be home by 12 just incase especially as I have the kids with me however I have been lucky and my dad has come to save the day and drive us there so I dont have to bus it :)

Posted

Morning all! 

Happy Birthday to BB for yesterday. I hate missing birthdays, we need a birthday calendar here. :D

I'm off to do the last lot of friends and relative visiting then followed by my last food shop before Christmas.  Hoping to get it all done by 3pm this afternoon.

Have a good day all and stay safe. 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms,Hot `n` sunny!

Today`s challenge is to get all my collections picked up,dropped in london ....and my a**e back home before the fun and games commence! 

Aiming to be looking through my front room window @ 3pm, though i have a feeling i might be wind-assisted today!

• Like 3