Severe Atlantic Storms Over The Christmas Period #2

• Replies 986
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

keep losing the network, flickering power, overhead power and telephone/broadband both connected to same pole at the bottom of my drive which has a bit of a lean on it...

Rain and wind both suddenly stopped for 5 minutes,went eerily quiet. rain is back, but wind less severe

Same here now? I'm over in Liden / Dorcan area.As I type it's picking up again!

Same here. And there was me thinking I was finally going to be able to get some sleep Posted Image

Edited by Sainsbo

A surprising event I must say.  Far worse than St Judes storm which was quite violent but very brief.  This has been going for hours and the strength of the wind allied to extremely heavy rainfall all in all makes for a very notable event!  Probably the worst I can remember since early 2000's!

• Like 6

Same here. And there was me thinking I was finally going to be able to get some sleep Posted Image

Just let the dog out, she's not liking this at all. Might try to get some sleep now, pressure is rising slightly now so hopefully conditions will improve.
  • Like 1

Be prepared for power cuts, if you have flicking lights at times sure sign of POSSIBLE power cut to come.

Make sure some form of battery light with you if possible and charged mobile phones.

Edited by ElectricSnowStorm
  • Like 1

The centre of the low is now at 934mb, on track with the GFS Hi Res.

Posted Image

Posted Image

According to the Wikipedia page for the Braer Storm, there have only been two storms in the past 20 years to attain a central pressure lower than 930mb. This event may end up being even rarer than we thought.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Braer_Storm_of_January_1993

Edited by Sainsbo
  • Like 3

It has been an memorable night here, depending on how you look at it?

It has been many years since I've seen weather like this here! Lots of damage, water damage to the house I'm in unfortunately. Stay safe folks.

Exceptional bar change in the last 24hrs. :good:

post-15177-0-68096400-1387848658_thumb.j

Latest radar grab..

post-15177-0-38630700-1387848746_thumb.p

• Like 1