Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Severe Atlantic Storms Over The Christmas Period #2

Liam J

Posted

Thanks for the report and welcome aboard netweather towers. Yes, it does seem likely that things should soon start dying down a little out towards the West and Southwest but its only temporary I believe, a fair bit of rain to come yet unfortunately.

thank you for the welcome

Have been reading about this since friday so thought I may aswell join and offer any observations if possible

yes from what i believe there shall be more rain later, already have had approx 15-20mm wont be long till the severn busts its banks if it hasn't already

wind seems to be blowing the north around here at the moment, has just started raining again now

• Like 1

Starting to get gusty in Fakenham, Norfolk; was parked outside the Dr's surgery for 30 mins from 2pm which is in a pretty exposed area, and was a couple of strong gusts which really rocked my (parked) car. Back at home now, and being an end terraced house, we are pretty protected from winds from the S, but watching a neighbours aerial rock back and forth more and more, and don't think it will still be up tomorrow! Not much in the way or rain and should have peaked the first wave now; strongest winds expected around midnight according to XC weather. New years resolution is to get the chimney repointed (massive old victorian type), then I won't have to worry about it crashing through the roof whenever we get gusts >60mph!

Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield

I think we have big problems 259mph

post-2404-0-11201400-1387813210_thumb.jp

Edited by The PIT
  • Like 7

Which station recorded that?

Whichever one it is, I think it's broken Posted Image

Storm currently looks to be at 949mb, a couple of mb behind the GFS.

Squall just hit here, would not like to be caught outside during that!

Edited by Sainsbo

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Cold & Snowy

Which station recorded that?

Cork airport Posted Image

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot & Sunny, Cold & Snowy

Just LOL'ed that myself Pit   wouldn't want to be landing in that!!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

Strongest winds I have had here for many years! A carport down the road just got annihilated, the corrugated roof went up in the air and took flight, before vanishing. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Cold & Snowy

Wind only 30mph here in hertfordshire far from what been predicted so far.

Considering the strongest winds aren't expected until another 6 hours..

Posted

Road from the Hare & Hounds down to Ottery, not sure what it's called. The roads around Sidbury are all flooded and Honiton High Street shut due to slates coming off roofs

Yeah that's the one I was thinking of, not sure what it's called either. For some reason thought I was in the regional thread before so spent a while looking for my post/reply in there

Wind died down now a lot here now, had about 23mm here, though now the rain has virtually stopped at the moment, and we went through a gap in the squall line as seems to have happened every time in this unsettled spell.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and Thundery, Cold and Snowy

So far pretty bad. Reminding me of October 2000. Very strong winds and driving rain, and the worst is yet to come.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

Cork airport Posted Image

And here are the latest pictures from the scene. *this is a joke which is not to be taken seriously, nah really Posted Image *

Posted Image

Edited by gottolovethisweather
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe weather enthusiast

East midlands trains dealing with disruptions due to trees, garden sheds, and trampolines on the lines Posted Image

I swear people put up trampolines in bad weather on purpose...

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Been mildly gusty all day here, however there was just an exceptionally strong gust, it actually made our solid brick built house shake!

Anywhere where I can see the max gusts that have been measured near me?

Posted
I'm in Newark, Notts & have been a lurker here for a year or so, ie. when the news reports some snow or when it's predicted to get a bit breezy.I do like (if that is the correct word) a good gust / spell of unusual weather, but obviously not if it causes injury / danger to others. I have a 60ft+ pine tree and a 40ft (200 year old Oak in my garden) so would be gutted if either of those came down - especially if they landed on my house !!I have no equipment other that a £30 Origin thingy. Current in Newark is : Heavy rain on / offNo idea of gust speeds (don't have such equipment ... yet) - But some stong ones every 30 secs or so984mb at 2.00pm, now down to 980mbDave
  • Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm and sunny; chilly and sunny; thunderstorms; extreme

Really torrential rain and high winds here in Redhill. Should make a dramatic improvement to the place.

• Like 1