Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Severe Atlantic Storms Over The Christmas Period #2

Liam J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow! Severe storms.

Rain's stopped and the wind's died down here, the wind's shifted more to a SWly than the SSW it was earlier. Temp is 9.1oC.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Atlantic storms, severe gales, blowing snow and frost :)

How low will it go, UKMO still deepening the storm into tomorrow afternoon before it starts to fill and it's already down to 945mb!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

Prepare yourself in the south east, the worst is to come tonight. Definitive damage to buildings and trees being uprooted! Stay safe.

Edited by Mapantz
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

Squall hitting as I type this, oh boy! 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot in Summer Cold in Winter

Squall hitting as I type this, oh boy! 

That came through here (Bristol) about an hour and a half ago and the rain is something else

• Like 1

Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield

Looks like everyone panicked here and went home early. Easiest dry home I ever had. Hardly any wind when I left work. Got half way up our road and there was a swishing as I met the wind from the quarry.

Averaging 24mph here gusting 42 mph got away with it today.

• Like 1

Posted

The rain and the wind is clearing away here.

Some random foreign man from Russia called Mikhail Kalashnikov has died. I hope that doesn't interrupt our storm media coverage this time. Apparenlty he is a inventer of the soviet assualt rifle that was widely used by the Russians during the cold war.

You really have never heard of him? or the Rifle? The Kalashnikov has been used as a weapon of choice all over the World. Oh well, back to the Weather, there is a bit of it around.

• Like 1

Posted

BREAKING NEWS The body of a man has been found in the River Rothay at Ambleside in the Lake District after an extensive search by the RAF, emergency services, coastguard, mountain rescue and lake wardens from Windermere.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe gales/storms, snow, thunder!

Getting pretty nasty out there now I must say, wind is really roaring down my fire place got to be gusting towards 50mph maybe abit higher and rain is lashing down and going horizontal.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

Is the squall likely to make it to SE England?

Thanks,

Mal 

Here's your man for such questions. It sounds like it could, but don't bank on it.

http://forum.netweather.tv/topic/78846-severe-atlantic-storms-over-the-christmas-period-2/?p=2871449

Posted

Looks like everyone panicked here and went home early. Easiest dry home I ever had. Hardly any wind when I left work. Got half way up our road and there was a swishing as I met the wind from the quarry.

Averaging 24mph here gusting 42 mph got away with it today.

Is there ever any eventful weather in your area Pit? Posted Image

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Cold & Snowy

Fence currently breaking away. (Sorry that's rotated)post-15503-0-77766400-1387816682_thumb.j

Edited by PerfectStorm

Posted

Just a slight swaying of branches here and some moderate rain earlier in the weather void known as Greater Manchester, cant believe a near record low is sitting up to our northwest, the Brussel sprouts generated more wind at Sunday lunch yesterday 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Location: falkirk, scotland, 16.505m, 54.151ft above sea level
  • Weather Preferences: dry sunny average summers and really cold snowy winters
  • Location: falkirk, scotland, 16.505m, 54.151ft above sea level

That puts the central belt right in the firing line

yip its looking pretty close packed up here and stormy I still think highest gusts will be for northern Ireland and the northwest but the central belt wont be far behind

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and Thundery, Cold and Snowy

Squall hitting here now. Fierce winds and very heavy rain with convective like drops!

Posted
  • Location: inter drumlin South Tyrone Blackwater river valley surrounded by the last last ice age...
  • Weather Preferences: jack frost
  • Location: inter drumlin South Tyrone Blackwater river valley surrounded by the last last ice age...

I have been enjoying the calm before the storm .. a mild sunny afternoon after a little rain this morning . Tonight into tomorrow looks like a totally different story . Looks like our worst storm since Boxing day 1998! Locally it took 14 days to restore electricity . ... Have a safe storm .

• Like 1

Posted

Hello all, new member, been following posts a while though.

All quiet here in North London, Not been that bad here at all yet, just as well with 60,000 for the Arsenal - Chelsea match.

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers

Arsenal v Chelsea game set to beat the bad weather

Monday night's Barclays Premier League game between Arsenal and Chelsea is set to go ahead despite heavy rain and strong winds. Groundstaff have been working on the pitch at the Emirates Stadium throughout the day as a pre-Christmas storm sweeps across the country and no problems were reported at 4pm. However, officials are continuing to monitor the weather ahead of the big London derby which is scheduled to kick-off at 8pm.Conditions have deteriorated during the day and both clubs have advised fans to allow plenty of time to travel to the game as some transport services in the capital have been disrupted.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11670/9086605/premier-league-arsenal-v-chelsea-game-set-to-beat-the-bad-weather

Posted

Hello all, new member, been following posts a while though.

All quiet here in North London, Not been that bad here at all yet, just as well with 60,000 for the Arsenal - Chelsea match.

Welcome aboard netweather towers.

• Like 2