Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Severe Atlantic Storms Over The Christmas Period #2

Liam J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Atlantic storms, severe gales, blowing snow and frost :)

Gusts exceeding 60mph atm and the rain is relentless. Pressure 975mb, a fall of 10mb in less than 2 hours. 

Edited by Liam J
  • Like 2

Posted

People in my area, whats your opinion on this situation, currently one of the only places not under a warning from the met, however some of the models iv seen have 60+ mph gales for this region, very confusing. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe gales/storms, snow, thunder!

my barometer 982hpa...Posted Image

Rain getting heavier where you are?  Winds slowly building through this afternoon by the looks of it really exploding from about 10pm onwards peaking between midnight and 4am.

Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield

Chezzie

Depends if you're sheltered from the south? I bet Dronfield bypass is fun.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Cold & Snowy

Fence panel has been destroyed, because it's like a domino effect, im expecting the whole thing to collapse later. 

• Like 1

Posted

Fence panel has been destroyed, because it's like a domino effect, im expecting the whole thing to collapse later. 

Only thing holding my fence up is a bush in next doors garden otherwise it would have been flat on the floor!

Posted

Everyone who is reporting the incredible drops in pressure are forgetting about something, when you talk about a storm dropping 24mb in 24 hours they are talking about the centre of the low.

Everyone is measuring the pressure dropping from there stationary point which of course will drop faster because not only is the storm deepening but the lows centre is also moving closer so you will always get a much increased drop in pressure on top of a already bombing low.

No - the central pressure of the storm is dropping something like 40mb in 18 hours. This is a bomb and then some.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything Extreme

REALLY beginning to blow hard now here in Brighton. Rain is relentless too

Max Gust so far = 54mph | http://www.shorehambeachweather.co.uk/

• Like 1

Posted

No - the central pressure of the storm is dropping something like 40mb in 18 hours. This is a bomb and then some.

It's a nuclear bomb lol

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: storms - of the severe kind

New Amber wind warnings now for parts of Scotland. On the Met Office site

Also the Yellow wind warning extended to cover Northern England, and some central parts

80-90mph gusts for some places. In fact, i wouldn't be surprised to see 100mph topped with this one

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snowy or sunny but not too hot!

It be interesting to see London gonna get bear the brunt of the storm tonight. I expect some cranes crashing down to streets below. That will be horrific to say at least. Posted Image

I am involved in the construction works currently ongoing on the Olympic Park as the CDM Coodinator (involved principally in health and safety issues during the construction process) principally in respect of the transformation of the Olympic Stadium. The works ceased Friday and do not resume until Monday 6 January. We have cranes currently on site for the removal of the roofing components, prior to the installation of a considerably larger roof. At Wednesday's team meering I stated that it was essential that all cranes should have their jibs lowered and all plant, heras fecing etc secured to prevent it all blowing around. I am reassured they took note of my warning and did what I asked of them before they vacated the site for their break.

Looking out from my office this morning accross the London skyline this morning from the 27th floor of the office block where I am based I can see several fully rigged cranes standing proud to the skyline. I only hope that their confidence in not taking the precautions that we have are justified as in most if not all cases there will not be anyone around to do anything to put things right as it is a nationwide cosure of the construction industry until 6th January.

PS weather related wind really picking up here and I can hear it buffeting against the building. I will not leave it too late to travel home this evening as Greater Anglia have already postponed 29 trains this evening.

Tomorrow is a half day for me and as Greater Anglia have already stated that there will be no trains until at least 10 O'clock  I will be working from our Chelmsford Office.

Rveryone stay safe

KInd Regards

Dave

Kind regards

Dave

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Atlantic storms, severe gales, blowing snow and frost :)

Rapidly deepening depression to the WNW of Ireland. Awesome satellite image.

post-9615-0-88864000-1387802267_thumb.jp

Edited by Liam J
  • Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extremes

Rain getting heavier where you are?  Winds slowly building through this afternoon by the looks of it really exploding from about 10pm onwards peaking between midnight and 4am.

yes pouring down and wind really picking up .. make that 978 hpa !!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and thundery or Cold and snowy.

No warnings for Friday but with charts like those below its only a matter of time till they are issued

Posted ImagePosted Image

Yeah man, I noticed the storm yesterday when clicking through the models.

Friday could be just as bad ( if not worse ) for some areas.

Posted

No warnings for Friday but with charts like those below its only a matter of time till they are issued

Posted ImagePosted Image

They won't issue warnings for Friday until the worst of this storm has passed, they need to concentrate warning people considering making journeys in the next 24 hours or so.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and thundery or Cold and snowy.

Quite a few flights being diverted, one recently from Bristol to Brum - all that extra hassle for passengers and crew, ground staff etc and a plane miles away from its potential next outbound flight! Nightmare for some travellers today..

This is GREAT for finding planes ( You can actually track em on there then lookoutside and see them as they pass. )

http://planefinder.net/

• Like 1

Posted

87mph gust in Wales!! WOW! this is just the start!

What are things like where you are?  Getting quite windy here in Essex now and rain steadily getting heavier!