Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The Midlands Regional Weather Discussion 19/12/2013----->

Nick L

Posted

If your as snow deprived as I am this streaming cam of the snow event starting up in New York state helps a smidge.

http://rochesterwebcam.com/live-webcams/rochester-new-york-jines-restaurant-cam

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

If your as snow deprived as I am this streaming cam of the snow event starting up in New York state helps a smidge.

http://rochesterwebcam.com/live-webcams/rochester-new-york-jines-restaurant-cam

dislike, they are on the same latitude as Spain, living here takes the pis5

Posted

12Z was wrong for Sunday like I thought, 18Z is more realistic, brings in a wet sunday but later, expect that rain to arrive 6 hours earlier on the 00Z

FI is better on 18Z though, much drier, do I expect a wet GFS 00Z? I think I do

Posted

Yup Saturday's storm now just clipping the South East and Sunday's speeding in after a sunny start, another very tedius boring run though as usual, absolutely nothing even remotely exciting right the way out to 384hrs Posted Image

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

I can see this winter ending up how it's gone so far, tentative signs of change in FI but nothing coming to fruition properly. Hope I'm wrong though. If that's to be the case, I hope we break some wind and rain records!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Hopefully if this mild weather continues, late February might bring out the shorts again in Cornwall. Was warm enough on a day or two last year! Looking forward to those first warm days of Spring now. Will feel amazing!

Posted

Hopefully if this mild weather continues, late February might bring out the shorts again in Cornwall. Was warm enough on a day or two last year! Looking forward to those first warm days of Spring now. Will feel amazing!

I not hoping for that, winter usually arrives mid Feb, sometimes earlier, I was hoping for snow Feb to April

Posted
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.

Much more settled today with clear sky's and light winds, what a difference a day makes !

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow! Severe storms.

Ye Gods - just checked our rain gauge for yesterday's rainfall total - 32mm! Posted Image

• Like 3

Posted

WoW thats some rainfall Barb, 16.2mm here yesterday. Lovely day outside, and very usable at that.

Posted

We had approx 18.00mm of rain here yesterday, our wettest since 28th October.

It looks beautiful out there this morning, in total contrast with this time yesterday.

Bish

• Like 2

Posted

Looking better for today. Yesterday was the foulest day yet in this overlong zonal spell. I'm sick of everything being a mushy brown. The local parks, the grass verges are all just a sloppy mess now. This weather pattern is horrible and the thought of several more weeks of it is very depressing.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow! Severe storms.

WoW thats some rainfall Barb, 16.2mm here yesterday. Lovely day outside, and very usable at that.

I'm not surprised considering the deluge we had after dark, it sounded like it would be a high total. Today is clear, looks like being a sunny one.

Looking better for today. Yesterday was the foulest day yet in this overlong zonal spell. I'm sick of everything being a mushy brown. The local parks, the grass verges are all just a sloppy mess now. This weather pattern is horrible and the thought of several more weeks of it is very depressing.

You should see the footpaths round here, a slushy mess, horrible. Makes walking on the Hills difficult, trying to avoid it. Looks like more to come, too.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snow -20 would be nice :)

Did'nt really notice much about yesterday, After the night before brought on sleep for most of it and when i was a wake it was a blur Posted Image Happy New Year Posted Image

Let hope this patten (zonal>>>>>>>>>crap) that we are clearly in stuck atm changes soon because it's starting to drive me nuts Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Edited by Dancerwithwings
  • Like 2

Posted

According to some model runs we should have been snowed under weeks ago?

Good to see FI still firmly in charge lol. Weather eh?

How right you are, I remember myself posting charts in mid Dec showing snow for the first week in Jan, But what do we have Posted Image

Come on to all that love SNOW and Posted Image...... Never let the regrets of yesterday destroy the hopes of tomorrow....IT WILL COME....... SMALL PRINT,...QUESTION IS JUST WHEN Posted Image

• Like 1

Posted

Yes while we wait for the elusive! We might as well enjoy the day we have Posted Image Before it pi55es down again Posted Image

• Like 1

Posted

Meanwhile across the pond sub -25 uppers next week right the way to the same latitude as Southern Spain, that has to be one of the most incredible cold blasts i've ever seen.

http://www.wetterzentrale.de/pics/Rnamavn1082.png

Edited by conor123
  • Like 3

Posted

Meanwhile across the pond sub -25 uppers next week right the way to the same latitude as Southern Spain, that has to be one of the most incredible cold blasts i've ever seen.

Posted ImageDROOLING?

Even half of the Sunshine state is below freezing on the 7th jan, Shades not required in 0rlando then and as for the rest of the US Posted Image

This is one impressive temperature chart Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by Dancerwithwings
  • Like 2

Posted

Did feel warm in the sun earlier, makes a change to feel a bit like Spring, rather than autumn all the time,

models look a bit better after sundays washout

Posted

Posted Image

Bish

• Like 1

Posted

Next high level vale of cloud out west, enjoyed the sunny slot :) Saturday also proving to be a nightmare forecast? Could this day give a few a surprise slush fest...

yes I and ian ferguson have been going on about it in the model thread for a couple of days now!!infact ian said some of the high resolution models have forecasted up to 5cms of snow but by no means certain!!
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Heavy Rain

Any idea how much rain is forecast tonite/tomorrow. The media are going mad thought the main risk was coastal flooding?

Posted

yes I and ian ferguson have been going on about it in the model thread for a couple of days now!!infact ian said some of the high resolution models have forecasted up to 5cms of snow but by no means certain!!

5th Jan 1998 all over again? A bit of a slushfest that one but still the only lying snow before April that winter. And it came on the back of a spell just like this...

Posted

5th Jan 1998 all over again? A bit of a slushfest that one but still the only lying snow before April that winter. And it came on the back of a spell just like this...

5th Jan '98 was very heavy snow! great day, was a decent winter '97'98, snow in Dec as well, and again in April

• Like 1