Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The Midlands Regional Weather Discussion 19/12/2013----->

Nick L

Posted

Just plain old large raindrops here, hovered around 9/10c all day.

Possible further flood problems on Wednesday going on latest runs, looks like quite a nasty little system.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

Wednesday looks a washout, been lucky again today, not much rain, luck will run out soon, washout coming my way soon

not bad for January though, normally one of the wettest months of the year, just behind December

Posted

Not had much luck with the showers this evening. Everytime I've stepped out either walking the dog or walking up to Tesco, I've ended up getting soaked. Not got my timing right at all!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snow -20 would be nice :)

Done the same, Had a walk up to Morrisons..... Got caught on the way back, even checked 'Raintoday' before i went and still got wet....The car will be out next timePosted Image

• Like 1

Posted

The intensity of the rain actually woke me up at about half past five this morning, easy to see why looking at the radar.

Looks like the south is getting whalloped yet again right now Posted Image

Bish

Posted
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)

be lucky to escape today, washout predicted for north west of region, not heavy yet mind you

Just a few showers today, not much on the radar so not sure why you anticipate a washout today.
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Heavy rain here now. Thunderstorms connected with this line towards the Brecons.

Posted

Had a rather heavy downpour here around 3 again, the irony that it's colder in Orlando than here at the minute, really sums this winter up Posted Image

The wounds are made worse by the fact once again today many area's of the Country getting thunderstorms whilst good old Shropshire gets plain old rain.

Edited by conor123
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Not that many have had thunderstorms conor, mainly just the SW and SW wales.

However I thought I did hear a rumble or two here during the downpour but it could have been the gusty wind.

Edited by Blizzards

Posted

At least I can go back to Cornwall on Friday knowing I have seen some snow this Winter - Christmas Eve in that 15 minute heavy snow shower we had. But thats it. For west Cornwall we need a dam good northerly.

• Like 1

Posted

Just a few showers today, not much on the radar so not sure why you anticipate a washout today.

more than a few showers, wettest day of the autumn season I would say today, not rain all day mind you, still been lucky really though overall

Posted

more than a few showers, wettest day of the autumn season I would say today, not rain all day mind you, still been lucky really though overall

I do find your posts confusing sometimes! Autumn ended six weeks ago Posted Image

With the honorable exception of the Derbyshire crew, it says something about this winter so far that one of our regular posters - Blizzy - has seen more snow down in Cornwall than we have here!

Bish

• Like 2

Posted

Its NOT AUTUMN!!! This is actually typical Winter fayre, its just most have become obscured of what winter is going by the last few years.

I do find your posts confusing sometimes! Autumn ended six weeks ago Posted Image

With the honorable exception of the Derbyshire crew, it says something about this winter so far that one of our regular posters - Blizzy - has seen more snow down in Cornwall than we have here!

Bish

I should add im still in Stourbridge and the snow was seen here on the 24th. It was because we came under a very intense shower which dragged the cold air down enough to see snow. Saying that, west Cornwall saw snow just last Saturday! :)

Edited by Blizzards
  • Like 1

Posted

Finally some glimmer's of potential back again on tonight's run's but not getting to hopeful as of yet, let's hope that Scandi High keeps trending west!.

However it does look rather certain now for finally a proper clear, frosty winter's night Saturday night with low's of -2/-3 widely across the region which will be nice.

Edited by conor123

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow!

The whole of last year the weather felt like it was running 6 weeks late, ever since that really cold spell in Spring. Perhaps it still is, and we're currently heading into mid-December type weather, with a cold spell soon to show up?

Can but hope eh?

• Like 2

Posted

Wow, what a difference a day makes! All the usual caution required but that goes without saying really. If all this comes off, hopefully our midlands thread will be busy so we can get some local detail on it. Maybe the east midlanders will suddenly appear!

If it all goes wrong, we'll follow Blizzards to Cornwall. There's a sleeper train to Cornwall that leaves London every night and it's a beautiful part of the world!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.

Models are fandabidoobi this morning ! Posted Image

• Like 1

Posted

still FI but great models particularly GFS cold easterly from tuesday 14th, if it happens congrats to carinthian from model thread, seemed to know it was arriving

hopefully winter will arrive next week!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snow -20 would be nice :)

Models are fandabidoobi this morning ! Posted Image

Yabba dabba dooooo!..... Gord mentioned "what a difference a day makes!" Well well, The last time i seen any charts or even on Netweather was Monday night,

The GEM , ECM were showing very good signs towards cold & snow, also the UKMO and the GFS were just starting to show hints that evening.

Then.... Yabba dabba dooooo!.... this morning BOOM!..... I'm buzzing, Cold and Snow fix on its way folks Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by Dancerwithwings
  • Like 4