Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The Midlands Regional Weather Discussion 19/12/2013----->

Nick L

Posted

Saturday's event will probably clip Kent in the end.

http://rochesterwebcam.com/live-webcams/rochester-new-york-park-avenue-cam

Snow storm in full force right now in Rochester New York State Posted Image :'( lucky sods!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snow -20 would be nice :)

Posted Image

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

I am a GFS believer, every other model as useful as a chocolate teapot! so some hope now of a pattern change, last 2 runs have shown much drier even fairly cold FI's

just hope signs are still there on 18Z, just hoping not gone on 00Z, and back to autumn, but folks faint signs of this autumn ending around 14th Jan

Posted

Saturday's event will probably clip Kent in the end.

http://rochesterwebcam.com/live-webcams/rochester-new-york-park-avenue-cam

Snow storm in full force right now in Rochester New York State Posted Image :'( lucky sods!

OMG look at all that lovely snow. I don't know whether to laugh or cry!

I've been lucky enough to be in NYC during one of these big snow events, absolutely magical to experience.

Bish

• Like 2

Posted
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.

We could get a lucky burst here, from Firgie..

"Recent runs shifted it further north - e.g. Welsh uplands; Peak District etc. Very PPN intensity dependant anyway."

http://forum.netweather.tv/topic/78936-model-output-discussion-1st-january-2014-06z-onwards/page-18#entry2882315

Edited by Polar Maritime
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme

The first gusts over 40 mph here in the last few minutes, following a short spell of heavy rain.

Posted

Some small glimmers of potential on the 18z, never quite gets there but certainly nice to see signs in the high resolution part of the run of a pressure build towards the Arctic and Scandi.

• Like 1

Posted

It has to snow this winter now. The council have been down my street today replacing the lamppost bulbs with new bright whiter ones. Need to put them to the test!

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

A couple of models giving a wintry threat on Saturday but seems 90% likely only rain can be expected im afraid.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme

Distinctly underwhelming weather here overnight with a maximum gust of 49 mph and about a minutes worth of heavy rain mixed in with a general area of light to moderate rain.

Currently there's a shower of rain and small hail so perhaps things will liven up a bit later today.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Heavy Rain

Not as much rain as originslly forecast snd sunday looks drier now too.

Distinctly underwhelming weather here overnight with a maximum gust of 49 mph and about a minutes worth of heavy rain mixed in with a general area of light to moderate rain.Currently there's a shower of rain and small hail so perhaps things will liven up a bit later today.

Posted

Some Mammatus cloud just passed overhead, think the shower passing to the south must have some pretty impressive downdraughts associated with it. These showers look like they are dragging some cold air down to the surface - Dunkeswell in the south west was reporting rain/snow at 3C despite uppers being -1C!

Posted

Very light sleet/hail grains here atm...

Edited by Polar Maritime

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot

Lashing it down here with what can only be described as an icy mix!

Hi Everyone

First post of the season and hopefully a busy winter ahead.

Last year I said not to be too down in the mouth as the very warm spell we were having around mid December would definately change for the better come Mid Jan and it did ! :)

I reckon the same act this year - unsettled and above average until around 21/1 then 'the ropes on the elevator are going to snap"  - your'e going to need a snow plough just to clear your roof Posted Image

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Last shower here looked a little icy/sleety in the heavier core.

Posted

Just plenty of rain showers here with lashings of gusty winds though the heaviest part of the showers keep dodging us to the south, 5.1c .

Posted

The only people to see snow tomorrow will be guys like Terminal Moraine with over 1000ft to he's name, The rest of us just live in hope.

And all this talk of icy-mixes,hail and sleet in the heaviest showers.... Well how sad is it, Were in January and it's come down to this,"icy-mixes,hail and sleet" Posted Image

Something got to give soon before Posted Image.

Conon ....''the ropes on the elevator are going to snap" Hope it does otherwise i'll be using it Posted ImagePosted Image WE ALL NEED A SNOW FIX Posted Image

• Like 1

Posted

WE ALL NEED A SNOW FIX Posted Image

Well I'm getting my snow fix from watching the mega snowstorm in the NE United States via assorted webcams, like the one Conor linked to last night.

Snow.............sweet sweet snow Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Bish

Edited by Bishop Brennan
  • Like 1

Posted

Trust me Dancer even TM and myself need a snow fix, very poor so far round here with only the odd day with a very thin covering.

Things should turn much more Wintry after mid-month going by the charts and experts Posted Image

• Like 2

Posted

PM ....Things should turn much more Wintry after mid-month going by the charts and experts .... Yes my eyes have been filmly fix on every run and very nice runs they are too.

But when i show cold & snow charts lately things just go wrong, So this time... 'it ain't for me'.... Maybe this time FI may come to fruitionPosted Image

Posted

PM ....Things should turn much more Wintry after mid-month going by the charts and experts .... Yes my eyes have been filmly fix on every run and very nice runs they are too.

But when i show cold & snow charts lately things just go wrong, So this time... 'it ain't for me'.... Maybe this time FI may come to fruitionPosted Image

Maybe, just maybe Posted Image

At least we have the met on our side this time, always helps ! and at the stage we are at now regarding "snow" with the models im pretty sure we will all see something wintry, how severe and prolonged is now the question for me/us.

Edited by Polar Maritime
  • Like 1

Posted

Just been looking at weather forecasts for the USA because as you may know, I lived in Ohio for 2 years and the weather there still interests me.

Ohio itself is going to get some stupidly low temperatures as well as some snow. But the storm on the east coast this weekend looks mega. Snow and ice are in the news but the mild sector wrapped up in the system is insane. It's going to be a very turbalent weekend for those folk there. Take New York for example, one model for the next few days suggests that it will go from -17C...all the way up to +12c by Monday as the mild sector works through and back down to -17C again afterwards.

Further west across Ohio, the mild sector isn't as obvious...only up as far 0 to +2c when it passes through there before crashing down to a bone chilling -25C...which is rare even for Ohio.

...and then off course we have our own turbulent weather over here right now. Temperatures are stable here of course but the wind and rain is not! What is up with the Northern Hemisphere this winter? We have a very over excited weather pattern right now!

Ourselves and the Americans could both do with a bit of a dry period to dry/thaw out.  Then if there's any sense of justice we'll get the bitter cold and the US will be treated to an early Spring! If the only the weather worked like that!

(I know none of you have any sympathy with the Americans, and as a weather enthusast, I'm right there with you!...but having lived there and still having friends there, it is really tough going right now. Our good Scottish friend who now has a family in Columbus, Ohio would love just to be able to take her kids out somewhere...it's driving them all crazy being stuck in. Can't even go out and enjoy the snow because it's just too cold. Every trip to the shop has to be carefully planned...really difficult)

Edited by Gord
  • Like 3