Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The Midlands Regional Weather Discussion 19/12/2013----->

Nick L

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Heavy Rain

There is some real beefy showers out in irish sea. Will prob die off over wales mind .

The forecast I saw this morning seemed to suggest an increasing risk of showers from mid-evening onwards. Best take a brolly if you're heading out for the celebrations, just to be safe. Bish

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

A low risk that Nature could provide the fireworks tonight! Some ML Cape will spread across the region with the showers.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow. Cold

Let's hope they don't split the thread into West and East like they did a year or two ago. It just didn't feel right somehow.

Actually, where are all the East Midland posters this winter? Apart from the Derbyshire mob, we've hardly heard a squeak from them?

Bish

I'm lurking, don't worry. I'll come out of hiding at the first sight of snow Posted Image

Weather at the moment here is nothing of much interest. Dark and damp, nothing interesting to report unfortunately. 

Edited by kmanmx
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Oh to have been in Falmouth! There was thunder and lightning at midnight! What grand timing!!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & thunder storms.

Happy New year.

Very breezy with drizzle and 7.1c

Any signs yet of cold and snow? Not gad a chance to look on model thread yet. Just off to walk the dogs.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.

Happy New Year everyone here in the Midlands, a wet blustery start here with light/mod rain and very dull out.

The local Hunt is on today, good luck to them...

Posted

Happy New year.Very breezy with drizzle and 7.1cAny signs yet of cold and snow? Not gad a chance to look on model thread yet. Just off to walk the dogs.

Morning, HNY ! Maybe a chance of snow showers on Saturday but this could be restricted to high ground, we will see !

Posted

Raining Cat's n Dog's here, What a day out there !

Posted

Very very heavy rain now and winds gusting to 52mph, It's like looking into a washing machine out there.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & thunder storms.

Thanks Polar. I'll keep everything crossed.

Weather has turned blustery and its raining hard.

Got wind blowing under the slates and a draft in the airing cupboard. Can't see any slates of but somethings not right. Damn new year visted from roofer on the cards now.

Posted

Thanks Polar. I'll keep everything crossed.Weather has turned blustery and its raining hard.Got wind blowing under the slates and a draft in the airing cupboard. Can't see any slates of but somethings not right. Damn new year visted from roofer on the cards now.

As J.H has said in the MOD thread, maybe something wintry today in the next 3-9 hours over the higher parts of the Pennines. Wales is reporting sleet.

Still like a washing machine out there, 6.4mm so far today.

Edited by Polar Maritime

Posted

Blurrrgghh! What a god awful day out there. Not really got light, been raining and drizzling all day with gusty winds.

Please tell me it's gonna get better some time soon??

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Been a very wet day, quite enjoyable though. Much prefer this over dry and boring. 

If it can't snow, let it rain and wind. 

• Like 3

Posted

Still moderate sometimes heavy rain here, currently 8.2mm S/S/E 16mph 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow! Severe storms.

We've had moderate to heavy rain on and off all day, the wind gusting more later this afternoon and now than earlier. Very miserable out. Temp max around 8.4oC, haven't checked the rain gauge after dark, but it was showing around 12mm late afternoon. I expect it's gone way beyond that now as we've just had a half hour or so of very heavy rain.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

Sunday looks horrendous, but hopefully after then we may see things drying out, unlikely I know for the wettest period of the year, not too bad today either dry most of afternoon

Posted

Lashing it down here.. 10.3mm now.

Posted

Sunday looks horrendous, but hopefully after then we may see things drying out, unlikely I know for the wettest period of the year, not too bad today either dry most of afternoon

Seriously???? I didn't think anywhere in the region escaped the rain today?

Bish

Posted

Seriously???? I didn't think anywhere in the region escaped the rain today?

Bish

didnt escape it morning was quite bad, but not as bad as I thought, expecting Sunday though to be like 25th Sept '12

Edited by IrememberAtlantic252

Posted

didnt escape it morning was quite bad, but not as bad as I thought, expecting Sunday though to be like 25th Sept '12

Doesn't look to bad to me, Saturday on the other hand, cold and very wet though UKMO & ECM have it skimming the South East so may get an alright weekend yet hopefully.

Posted

conor true, 12Z GFS is actually a good run, but I feel its wrong, yesterdays GFS runs were giving a washout Sunday, and BBC still is,

GFS gives a dry Sunday, mon, tues and wed, after then FI, too good to be true surely?

Posted

ECMWF FI wrong! totally opposite to the GFS, ECM seems to be modelling that setup 4 weeks too early

Posted

Yep still Tipping it down here to, plenty more prolonged beefy showers from the S/W to come looking at the radar.

• Like 1