Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Possible severe Atlantic storms over the Christmas period

Coast

Posted

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Enjoy the weather, you can't take it with you 😎

This low pressure should not be underestimated. From the core of low pressure progged for early Tuesday morning at a near record low, the low itself stretches all the way from the North African coast to the fridgid coast of Greenland. That's well over 2,000 miles!!Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

post-6830-0-08421600-1387725631_thumb.pn

• Like 3

Posted

Profit over safety...the mechanisms of a capitalism.

Utter stupidity isnt it.You wouldnt jump into a burning building would you (unless your a firefighter)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: very cold frosty days, blizzards, very hot weather, floods, storms

This low pressure should not be underestimated. From the core of low pressure progged for early Tuesday morning at a near record low, the low itself stretches all the way from the North African coast to the fridgid coast of Greenland. That's well over 2,000 miles!!Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Its a Superstorm!! only joking. Posted Image

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: storms - of the severe kind

The Low for later next week, may not be as deep, but it becomes slow moving and it hangs around for a long time

That is bad too. Gale / Severe Gale going non-stop for many hours. Relentless

One positive thing, as i struggle to find much positive about the days ahead. Neap Tides !!

If these lows were coming with high spring tides... well it doesn't even bear thinking about

There has been some big swells around already, but lows this deep, with the isobars closely packed, going to

really whip up those seas. Oh yeah, the shipping forecast is going to make for interesting reading too

• Like 1

Posted

Read the text

Sorry, but there is no warning for wind - Metoffice have a specific warning for extreme wind and it is notable for it's absence.

I'm driving to the south coast tomorrow to work and a rain warning isn't going to put me off - actually probably not even a wind one either lol

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

well put it this way chaps, it's my business and unless my stock goes back into the blast freezers over the xmas period (and bare in mind the blast freezer depot closes tomorrow at midday) then I lose three grands worth of stock and my business goes under....Profit over safety?...get real!

If I had my way it would be by law. You wouldn't be allowed out. If I was your manager I'd tell you not to go as well. Anyway take care.

Profit over safety...the mechanisms of a capitalism. 

Edited by ajpoolshark
  • Like 2

Posted

The met office warnings are really dangerous. They have removed the wind warnings (I see they still include a warning in the text)

They have a wind of 79mph gusts in my area but you click on the wind warning icon in yellow and they only mention areas in the north.

They completely over hyped for the St Jude storm and completely under hyping this one which in my opinion is just dangerous.

No one knows whats coming because the news arn't all over it like a rash because the Met have been really slow with there warnings.

People are aware there is a bad bit of rain and wind coming but not to the extent which will most likely happen.

• Like 3

GFS should be out in any min now will it be a upgrade or a downgrade but i am betting on a upgrade.

It's already coming out.

It looks a little slower, but doesn't look like any downgrade or upgrade by very much if anything.

Maybe a tad further south?

Edited by Sainsbo

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

Sorry, but there is no warning for wind - Metoffice have a specific warning for extreme wind and it is notable for it's absence.I'm driving to the south coast tomorrow to work and a rain warning isn't going to put me off - actually probably not even a wind one either lol

It has been pasted numerous times but once more won't hurt..

Meanwhile, south to southwesterly winds will increase with gusts 70-80 mph likely around exposed coasts, particularly along the English Channel. Further inland, gusts of 50-60 mph are likely through the amber area, with a lower risk of gusts reaching 70 mph - more especially across southeast England during the evening.

Edited by Mapantz

Posted
  • Location: Currently Southminster, Essex (but original home town Northampton)
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy snow/Blizzards in Winter, Cool Summers. (I'm allergic to heat)!
  • Location: Currently Southminster, Essex (but original home town Northampton)

Northern Atlantic satellite now clearly showing the incoming storm starting to develop 

Time in top right hand corner of map is NYC time

http://www.accuweather.com/en/northern-atlantic/satellite

Edited by SE Blizzards
  • Like 1

Posted

It has been pasted numerous times but once more won't hurt.. 

Well I wasn't planning on going out to do any sea-fishing ! A 50-60 mph inland occasional gust is not something i will hyperventilate on - It could interfere with my golf though

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Atlantic storms, severe gales, blowing snow and frost :)

Interesting 12z, the low for Xmas Eve now has a double centre which could bring the strongest winds a bit further south.

post-9615-0-85415300-1387726962_thumb.pn

• Like 2

Posted

Not good. At T-42 there are two lows, and the 930mb center is noticably further south..

Posted Image

What I thought when I posted this earlier "Posted 21 minutes ago

"Is there a secondary low / disturbance  crossing the midlands / souther England in this sequence ??"

http://www.weatheron...=0&WMO=&PERIOD=

Edited by Biggin
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, thunderstorms

Liam Dutton has just posted this on Facebook.

Glad to see that Met Office has made right decision & will soon be updating the wind warnings to make them clearer for S'ern areas Mon/Tue.

• Like 4