Local
Radar
Snow?

North West Regional Weather Discussion 18/12/13

• Replies 934
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its a kind of winters day to stay in and relax before the new year really kicks in.  It's 6.2c.  I will get my snow from next week as off to Alberta, Canada for three weeks!!!  Anyone know of any weather forums over there?

• Like 2

Its a kind of winters day to stay in and relax before the new year really kicks in.  It's 6.2c.  I will get my snow from next week as off to Alberta, Canada for three weeks!!!  Anyone know of any weather forums over there?

I don't but you can bet that they won't be full of downgrades, warm sectors, marginal situations and Alberta getting drizzle while areas to the south get plastered due to a last minute change in direction of the mother of all blizzards.Or maybe they will be.Anyway enjoy yourself and at least if you do get fed up with deep snow and bitter cold you know that the UK will be waiting for you with it's endless stream of at least it will be mild.
  • Like 2

Happy new year everyone!!

I'm staying in Southport right now with my mother for a couple of days, coming back tommorow. It is lashing it down here with street lights shaking.

Edited by pip22
  • Like 3

Happy New Year everyone. Was up and out on Crosby beach before 8am this morn, weather was ok first thing but by the time I walked back from Formby Point the wind was picking up. The coastal path is littered with rocks, driftwood and rubbish obviously thrown up from last weeks storm, you can see how far the sea breached it's normal height, must have been amazing down there and totally dangerous.

• Like 2

Brief but substantial squall came through about 30 minutes ago with gusty winds, heavy rain, hail and even a bit of sleet mixed in but it only lasted a couple of minutes.

Since then the temperatures have started to fall back a bit, now at 5c.

really windy here and still raining.

Hangover well and truly kicking in wow....only cure is another beer later on of course ..roast chicken and all that ready now so im off im blooming starving.

• Like 1

really windy here and still raining.Hangover well and truly kicking in wow....only cure is another beer later on of course ..roast chicken and all that ready now so im off im blooming starving.

haven't even peeled a spud yet !!!....
  • Like 1

brr i feel cold.still raining.

Plenty more rain heading in our direction from Wales looking at the radar.Don't you just love these constant South Westerlys with all of the rain and mild temperatures.
  • Like 1