Local
Radar
Snow?

North West Regional Weather Discussion 18/12/13

• Replies 934
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not kidding, its at it again out there now, dark, hailing and sunshine peeking through lol...is it going to be like this all day? Supposed to be going to Bolton (kearsley) later on teatime ish down the M61 ?

Pretty well continuous rain sleet and hail showers this morning coming from a very narrow band crossing Lancashire west to east.

The radar shows that these may now be clearing, at least for a while so possibly a usable few hours coming up.

Shame the rain and sleet wasn't snow.

• Like 2

Pretty well continuous rain sleet and hail showers this morning coming from a very narrow band crossing Lancashire west to east.The radar shows that these may now be clearing, at least for a while so possibly a usable few hours coming up.Shame the rain and sleet wasn't snow.

I can see those Cbs from where I am, about 70 odd miles to the south; very impressive they look too.

Pretty well continuous rain sleet and hail showers this morning coming from a very narrow band crossing Lancashire west to east.The radar shows that these may now be clearing, at least for a while so possibly a usable few hours coming up.Shame the rain and sleet wasn't snow.

yes im gonna use those hours to go to Asda i know i said i wasnt going till next year vut needs must im afraid..bread milk etc.

could see those passing to my north, cant now so perhaps dying out,

could see those passing to my north, cant now so perhaps dying out,

Yes it's been dry for a couple of hours although it is cloudy just now.Haven't looked at the radar so not sure whether any more showers are on their way.

Showers are back again.

Just a shame that if the cold was here aswell we would no doubt be missing the action but IMBY we always do best from a WSW direction and unfortunately this and cold don't usually go together.

Current temperature 4.2c.

Cloud all gone and a brilliant sun set. 5.5c and falling.  More worried about 31st to 2nd Jan,  The next big storm is barreling in by the looks of things.

Hammering it down here; amazing what difference a few miles has made today.

is it ever gonna snow? Posted Image

I feel like that to at the moment.

I don't care what anyone says,no snow before the 2nd week of jan (which is nearly a given)is very very disappointing,even  for the Christmas pudding era.

I had a bad feeling about winter this year,moreso after CC said this would be 'THE ONE'..:D

• Like 2

In another part of the forum people are reming us of 1947 when the record cold did not kick in till mid Jan till March end..........  Temp now 5.2c

The severe spell may not have started until late January but December 1946 was not without interest. It had the same CET as December 2009. You can't compare the two, I'm afraid.
  • Like 1