Local
Radar
Snow?

North West Regional Weather Discussion 18/12/13

• Replies 934
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not good here now, weather station picking up on 40-50mph gusts but it's worse than that. Extension to house is shaking quite bad… not seen this for years. The whole hose is rattling, loosing plastic trim from apex is falling and street lights are wobbling fast (new metal ones council installed this year!).

Alley way had bins and all sorts all over it. I've lived in the Fylde for 35 years and experienced many storms and this one is in the top ten. 

It's one of those you don't open the door or window otherwise a big gust would really shake the building.

Good job this was not an over night storm… would of been worse and the Met O are hinting at 80mph and the App says 74mph, this always under plays the weather.  My fav' sort of weather but I'm a little concerned now that the house is being damaged - fun over.

Average Wind 24.4 mph NW. Barometer 978.2 mb, Falling. Temperature 10.7 °C. Rain today 3.0 mm. Humidity 73%

Edited by Tangerine Lion

Along with others we seemed to have a sudden increase in winds late yesterday evening, a lull during the early hours but for the last few hours it has been blowing very strong again.

It's certainly going to be a wild day; just hope that everyone stays safe.

• Like 1

Sorry for no reply lastnight i wouldnt let me on here grrr.

Well it started lastnight before bed blowing a real gale then its sort of lulled for a while then it picked up in the early hours. Just checked outside my bench as been on its travels in the night along with my wheelie bin and my garden ornaments.. is it meant to be like this all day ??

Hope everyone is well !

• Like 2

Not been to dramatic here it's has been off and on for the last few hours nothing to extreme. Seems to be a lull again at the moment. Does any one know when the winds will peak? Hope Everyone stays safe

Seems like it's calmed off a bit and become brighter, I suppose it's a case of waiting for the lunch time kick off poss 70mph gusts. 

Top gust says 41.2mph 9:22am, puzzled it's a lot worse than this.

Same as snowjoke, bad last night with violent gusts that just came out of nowhere, then it went quiet for a while, then picked up again in the early hours, then quiet again..... Luckily when an ambulance arrived next door, their little lad went to hospital, he was crying, no idea why poor thing, hope hes alright. Then after that the winds really picked p, been quite bad most of the night, quietened down when i got up and now violent gusts again.

• Like 1