Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

North West Regional Weather Discussion 18/12/13

Snowangel-MK

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - snow, Irish sea convection. Summer - thunderstorms, hot sunny days

such a raw from the trees. Quite incredible.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Any extreme weather conditions

How far are you from the sea front Chris? It must be wild over there

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: very cold frosty days, blizzards, very hot weather, floods, storms

It also kept me awake here it is so windy. I probably walk around to shop later to see some damage caused by the storm force winds.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Any extreme weather conditions

Rain battering the front of the house now, wind dropped atm, pressure dropped again to 970hpa

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy weather

Its a nasty morning - strong winds, rain and its cold. Just in from work and The wind has been off and on all night - but it is really picking up here now.

Not good here now, weather station picking up on 40-50mph gusts but it's worse than that. Extension to house is shaking quite bad… not seen this for years. The whole hose is rattling, loosing plastic trim from apex is falling and street lights are wobbling fast (new metal ones council installed this year!).

Alley way had bins and all sorts all over it. I've lived in the Fylde for 35 years and experienced many storms and this one is in the top ten. 

It's one of those you don't open the door or window otherwise a big gust would really shake the building.

Good job this was not an over night storm… would of been worse and the Met O are hinting at 80mph and the App says 74mph, this always under plays the weather.  My fav' sort of weather but I'm a little concerned now that the house is being damaged - fun over.

Average Wind 24.4 mph NW. Barometer 978.2 mb, Falling. Temperature 10.7 °C. Rain today 3.0 mm. Humidity 73%

Edited by Tangerine Lion

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer

Along with others we seemed to have a sudden increase in winds late yesterday evening, a lull during the early hours but for the last few hours it has been blowing very strong again.

It's certainly going to be a wild day; just hope that everyone stays safe.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy weather

I saw Blackpool is getting it really bad on tv. My conservatory is taking a battering too ! !! Hope it holds out !! Hope there wont be any damage to your house

• Like 1

Posted

Sorry for no reply lastnight i wouldnt let me on here grrr.

Well it started lastnight before bed blowing a real gale then its sort of lulled for a while then it picked up in the early hours. Just checked outside my bench as been on its travels in the night along with my wheelie bin and my garden ornaments.. is it meant to be like this all day ??

Hope everyone is well !

• Like 2

Posted

What are the winds meant to peak i was just reading a previous post ?

Posted

Not been to dramatic here it's has been off and on for the last few hours nothing to extreme. Seems to be a lull again at the moment. Does any one know when the winds will peak? Hope Everyone stays safe

Posted

Suggesting a peak here around mid day/early afternoon. Gradually reducing after that.

a little quieter now here.and its raining

Posted

Very gusty here, with strong buffeting winds - http://www.xcweather.co.uk/ shows our region taking the strongest winds especially those out to the coasts.  Still expecting a peak in the next few hours as it moves north east.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,snow,snow!! Ooh and sunny,warm days!!!

Same as snowjoke, bad last night with violent gusts that just came out of nowhere, then it went quiet for a while, then picked up again in the early hours, then quiet again..... Luckily when an ambulance arrived next door, their little lad went to hospital, he was crying, no idea why poor thing, hope hes alright. Then after that the winds really picked p, been quite bad most of the night, quietened down when i got up and now violent gusts again.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold/snow winter, Warm/hot summer, Thunderstorms, Severe Gales

Had about 5 hours sleep. The wind is mental.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer

Just been out in the car and other than on the motorway it didn't seem that windy but it's certainly blowing back at home.

• Like 1

Posted

Sounds really bad in my kitchen and bathroom extension its because its single skin whayyyy to noisy.

Posted

Just been out in the car and other than on the motorway it didn't seem that windy but it's certainly blowing back at home.

Gotta go out myself later