Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

North West Regional Weather Discussion 18/12/13

Snowangel-MK

Posted

No but im not telling u might turn up for christmas dinner lol...only got a small turkey crown.

oh i cant be mean its 36 if you can find me you can have my turkey lol

I think I would come round got 14 on Christmas day, lots of inlaws or should I say outlaws which I can't stand !!!..

oh got loadz of them maybe i will send my lot to you
  • Like 1

Posted

im cooking for 5 thats plenty ply them with drink feed em then kick em out....merry christmas to one and all ;)

Posted

also have a cunning plan.....mwahhhhhhhhh..when they arrive they bring wine and expensive wine at that and i jusr give them cheaper wine from Asda they never no the difference ;)

merry Christmas and lets hope we all stay safe in the face of the coming storm ....

Yes lets just hope n pray.Battern down the hatches....its to keep the inlaws out lol
  • Like 3

also have a cunning plan.....mwahhhhhhhhh..when they arrive they bring wine and expensive wine at that and i jusr give them cheaper wine from Asda they never no the difference ;)Yes lets just hope n pray.Battern down the hatches....its to keep the inlaws out lol

I'll raze a glass to that !!! ..
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy weather

Am fown in London at moment. Went to magical ice kingdom in Winter Wonderland Hyde Park. It was minus 8 in there !!!! Havent felt that cold in ages !!!!! Heavy rain in afternoon. Got drenched. Travelling back up to Liverpool tomorrow evening. Anyone know what the weather will be like ??post-19399-0-19524300-1387665695_thumb.j

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - snow, Irish sea convection. Summer - thunderstorms, hot sunny days

Am fown in London at moment. Went to magical ice kingdom in Winter Wonderland Hyde Park. It was minus 8 in there !!!! Haven't felt that cold in ages !!!!! Heavy rain in afternoon. Got drenched. Travelling back up to Liverpool tomorrow evening. Anyone know what the weather will be like ??Posted Imageimage.jpg

A bit windy, I think people may be exaggerating tomorrows winds, People should just enjoy what ever happens, you can't do anything to stop it, just use common sense, stay safe and appreciate the power of nature. It's better than being stuck under a euro high with benign conditions like last month isn't it, everyone moaned about that.  The next "storm" will have to go some way to surpass the one on the 5th anyway. If we can't have a white christmas then let's have some other exciting christmas weather. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - snow, Irish sea convection. Summer - thunderstorms, hot sunny days

Meanwhile, thicknesses and uppers look the right side of marginal for snow to fall to lower levels later today, so that's something to look out for. Also, there is a bit of instability and some CAPE building today, which would suggest some heavy showers with the possibility of thunder, turning increasingly wintry by the evening, which is what the Met office forecast indicates. 

"Headline:

Bright and breezy with blustery showers turning increasingly wintry.

Today:

A breezy day with some bright or sunny spells, and also a scattering of blustery showers. The showers wintry over hills at first, but increasingly to low levels by this afternoon. Feeling quite chilly, especially in the brisk wind. Maximum temperature 7 °C.

Tonight:

A cold night with frost, and also the risk of some ice patches where any showers fall on to frozen surfaces. Minimum temperature -1 °C.

Monday:

Windy with showers at first, quickly turning very wet and windy, with gales likely, and possibly severe gales for hills and coasts. Rain will clear through the afternoon. Maximum temperature 9 °C.

Updated: 0310 on Sun 22 Dec 2013"

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/uk/nw/nw_forecast_weather.html

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer

Meanwhile, thicknesses and uppers look the right side of marginal for snow to fall to lower levels later today, so that's something to look out for. Also, there is a bit of instability and some CAPE building today, which would suggest some heavy showers with the possibility of thunder, turning increasingly wintry by the evening, which is what the Met office forecast indicates.    "Headline:Bright and breezy with blustery showers turning increasingly wintry. Today:A breezy day with some bright or sunny spells, and also a scattering of blustery showers. The showers wintry over hills at first, but increasingly to low levels by this afternoon. Feeling quite chilly, especially in the brisk wind. Maximum temperature 7 °C. Tonight:A cold night with frost, and also the risk of some ice patches where any showers fall on to frozen surfaces. Minimum temperature -1 °C. Monday:Windy with showers at first, quickly turning very wet and windy, with gales likely, and possibly severe gales for hills and coasts. Rain will clear through the afternoon. Maximum temperature 9 °C.Updated: 0310 on Sun 22 Dec 2013"http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/uk/nw/nw_forecast_weather.html

Yes it looks like some lucky folk may see snow over the next few days but it will be a bit hit and miss I'd have thought.Altitude will be key as is usual in marginal situations and I can't see it amounting to much but the chance is certainly there which is better than would have been a couple of weeks back.Edit......just having a heavy shower at present and there is a bit of sleet mixed in with it so maybe a few surprises in store.

Posted

Meanwhile, thicknesses and uppers look the right side of marginal for snow to fall to lower levels later today, so that's something to look out for. Also, there is a bit of instability and some CAPE building today, which would suggest some heavy showers with the possibility of thunder, turning increasingly wintry by the evening, which is what the Met office forecast indicates.    "Headline:Bright and breezy with blustery showers turning increasingly wintry. Today:A breezy day with some bright or sunny spells, and also a scattering of blustery showers. The showers wintry over hills at first, but increasingly to low levels by this afternoon. Feeling quite chilly, especially in the brisk wind. Maximum temperature 7 °C. Tonight:A cold night with frost, and also the risk of some ice patches where any showers fall on to frozen surfaces. Minimum temperature -1 °C. Monday:Windy with showers at first, quickly turning very wet and windy, with gales likely, and possibly severe gales for hills and coasts. Rain will clear through the afternoon. Maximum temperature 9 °C.Updated: 0310 on Sun 22 Dec 2013"http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/uk/nw/nw_forecast_weather.html

It has to be said though neither Manchester nor Liverpool airports latest TAFs go for anything wintry.I'm not holding out for anything, I personally don't expect to see anything wintry this side of the New Year now.

Posted

It has to be said though neither Manchester nor Liverpool airports latest TAFs go for anything wintry.I'm not holding out for anything, I personally don't expect to see anything wintry this side of the New Year now.

Yes, I Noticed that, surprised me somewhat. 

And you could well be proved correct, but i'm just going to be optimistic. 

• Like 1

Posted

What are other peoples thoughts on the "storm" for tomorrow/Tuesday.

Looking at the forecast wind speeds for here we are going to be in for a bog standard windy couple of days here in this part of the NW, the wind gusts top out at 48 MPH on Tuesday according to the last update from the met office.

At this moment we look to miss the worst of the conditions thankfully.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: very cold frosty days, blizzards, very hot weather, floods, storms

I had a hail shower this morning too but it was mixed in with the rain.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: very cold frosty days, blizzards, very hot weather, floods, storms

Its getting showery here now.

Update: A very big shower to the north of me. If anybody reporting hail/snow from that shower just post. It looks wintry to me.

Edited by pip22

Posted

Too bad the shower to the north of me is not coming here. We need a north-westerly. Posted Image

Its hail in those showers, I can tell because it got white falling down from the cloud. Somebody is having a white out today, especially in Preston or northwards.

Edited by pip22
  • Like 1

Posted

The band of showers is closing in here now and the sun is gone in.

Is it me or is it trying to snow here?

Edited by pip22

Posted
  • Location: Walton liverpool 33m asl work hoylake near train station
  • Weather Preferences: winter snow summer lots of sun
  • Location: Walton liverpool 33m asl work hoylake near train station

This is what's coming mixture of hail and sleet by the looks of it

post-16288-0-83333300-1387724239_thumb.j

• Like 1

Posted

Just raining here, it was so close to turn to snow. so close!! Posted Image

I'm pretty sure I saw the first snowflakes couple of minutes ago.

Edited by pip22
  • Like 1