Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

North West Regional Weather Discussion 18/12/13

Snowangel-MK

Posted

Was just having a nose in the model thread, just doesnt look like we are going to be getting any snow or cold for that matter even in Janurary, i thought and which has proved correct a few times in the past that we get Canada's weather usually a week or so later?? Now theyve had snow and ice age for the past month by the looks of it, so whats changed?? All weve had is storms..

Nothing's changed. Urban myth. There are too many systems in play to say that we get what America, Canada or any other nation have.

Well, to be fair we tend to get Ireland's weather........

• Like 2

Posted

Horrable day here today, so booked a holiday to la palma for a bit of sun away from this murk , with luck I'll come back to something more seasonal !!...

Or not. You could be coming back to this judging whats being said in Model thread....oh that rhymes..i was a poet and didnt no it.
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,snow,snow!! Ooh and sunny,warm days!!!

Nothing's changed. Urban myth. There are too many systems in play to say that we get what America, Canada or any other nation have.Well, to be fair we tend to get Ireland's weather........

Thanks for amswering :) bit crap aint it, just not felt like christmas this year :(
  • Like 2

Posted

Thanks for amswering :) bit crap aint it, just not felt like christmas this year :(

I said that yesterday not felt like Christmas at all cant wait to take the rest of the decs down in a few days getting on my nerves now.Just had another hail shower

Posted

Just had a few gusts of wind a bit random seeing as I thought it had died down.

Posted

Just had a wonder to maccyds and it wasnt even windy.

Has stopped raining too.

Round 2 tomorrow hope its not too bad as I meant to be going out.

• Like 1

Just had a wonder to maccyds and it wasnt even windy.Has stopped raining too.Round 2 tomorrow hope its not too bad as I meant to be going out.

I hope so, boxing day's night was awful , every time I went out of the pub for a cig ,the weather got progressively worse , walking home from pub got soaked and blasted by the wind !!...
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snowy winters,warm summers and Storms

Just had a quick look at the models and it looks like the Atlantic LP  are starting to run out of steam,not quite yet

though probably another 7-10 days of wind and rain to get through first,then if all goes to plan turning dryer and colder

which leads onto the second half of Jan with the METO talking of it PERHAPS turning significantly colder

interesting times ahead once we get rid of this rain and wind

C.S

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,snow,snow!! Ooh and sunny,warm days!!!

Getting a tad cold out there now, no wind though.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer

Is it me or is this rain late arriving.

I'm sure that the forecast was for rain first thing, clearing to a few hours of dry and then some showers later this evening but the radar is showing a substantial area of rain across the region and probably lasting well into the afternoon.

Never mind.......at least it's mild:-)

Posted

Is it me or is this rain late arriving.I'm sure that the forecast was for rain first thing, clearing to a few hours of dry and then some showers later this evening but the radar is showing a substantial area of rain across the region and probably lasting well into the afternoon.Never mind.......at least it's mild:-)

Mild?!! Wash your mouth out!

Actually, 6C here now, so pretty chilly.

After a burst of hurricane-style wind-driven sheets of heavy rain that lasted 5 minutes earlier, it's not grey, raining a bit and the winds have dropped right off. Looks horrible.

For all the weather warnings, we're still below average rainfall for December in south Manchester: 60mm out of 80. The wind has been so strong that even when it does rain it doesn't last long.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer

Mild?!! Wash your mouth out! Actually, 6C here now, so pretty chilly. After a burst of hurricane-style wind-driven sheets of heavy rain that lasted 5 minutes earlier, it's not grey, raining a bit and the winds have dropped right off. Looks horrible. For all the weather warnings, we're still below average rainfall for December in south Manchester: 60mm out of 80. The wind has been so strong that even when it does rain it doesn't last long.

That's pretty dry really, we're in the hills 20 miles to the north of Manchester and at 150mm for December with another wet day still to add.As for 2013; it's currently standing at 1150mm which is around the long term average for this location and certainly a lot down on the 2012 monsoon which dumped just short of 2000mm throughout the year.

Posted

Light winds 7.2 c and brighter , much better than this morning ...

Breezy, 4.4c and still dull and cloudy.Dry though at the moment so could probably be worse.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy weather

Rain, rain, rain !!!!! ☔ï¸â˜”ï¸I wish you all a very Happy New Year for 2014 !! 🎉🎉

post-19399-0-23537000-1388514522_thumb.j

Edited by Miamay