Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

North West Regional Weather Discussion 18/12/13

Snowangel-MK

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: very cold frosty days, blizzards, very hot weather, floods, storms

Freezing rain here and still bit of frost on the ground.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer

Dry here but a bit misty and at 1.6c not a day for wandering around shops looking at sales.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer

raining here and feels cold

dry here and fairy bright but looking at the radar, the showers are running north easterly across the region just a few miles to my north.certainly not complaining though as cold rain doesnt float my boat.
  • Like 1

Posted

Met O update extends the yellow warning further south and now covers virtually all of the North West region.

Still no update to Amber and maybe it wont happen but it certainly looks like Friday /morning at least will be potentially stormy across the region.

Posted

Amber warnings now issued. Parts of Lancashire and Cumbria included in the area.

My location is slightly south of the amber area and the whole system may track further north in the end anyway but it looks like Friday is certainly going to be a wild day across our region and with many in coastal areas still not cleared up from the storms earlier in the month, it's not looking good.

Posted

How much rain is expected over Cumbria

The warnings in our region now look like they are for wind only so the Met O can't be expected too much in the way of rain although with saturated ground it doesn't take much to top up already swollen rivers.

Posted

I dont think im in Amber area looking at the map.

We're both borderline as it stands but just inside or just outside doesn't make that much difference really and even at this stage a fifty mile adjustment is easily possible.
  • Like 1

Posted
I dont think im in Amber area looking at the map.[/quoteright in the middle here , inlaws gone home :) :)....]
Got some more arriving tomorrow for my sons birthday. Then on Sunday having both Mums round and 2neighbours round for roast beef dinner should be good.

Buffet tomorrow :)

• Like 1

Posted

Feeling cold out and im feeling rather deflated after yesterday..Christmas is an anti climax the run up to Christmas is fun but the actual day is never what you plan in your head.

Got up at six and my son and daughter went downstairs to see if santa had been and then my son threw up all over the floor then he opened his presents and his slippers didnt fit then something else didnt work etc... rest of the day went well and i woke up with a phenominal hangover :(

Posted

Feeling cold out and im feeling rather deflated after yesterday..Christmas is an anti climax the run up to Christmas is fun but the actual day is never what you plan in your head.Got up at six and my son and daughter went downstairs to see if santa had been and then my son threw up all over the floor then he opened his presents and his slippers didnt fit then something else didnt work etc... rest of the day went well and i woke up with a phenominal hangover :(

And when you thought it couldn't get any worse, it didn't snow either.

Posted

And when you thought it couldn't get any worse, it didn't snow either.

yeah I know. Time for hare of the dog might make me feel a little more human....tia maria and coke it is then ;)Feels really cold out not sure if the temp will check soon and then report back,

Posted

yeah I know. Time for hare of the dog might make me feel a little more human....tia maria and coke it is then ;)Feels really cold out not sure if the temp will check soon and then report back,

Just checked and it's 3c here and for the first time today we're having a light shower but it's only rain.

Posted

Up over kinder and walk around ladybower.....lovely....snow sprinkled around, thick frost and fog.....very wintery..... Nice two hour walk and back for turkey, gammon, egg and chips....wine and football now....i know its the car but was -2c at ladybower in the fog at midday....

Ps was very thick frost this morning.....strange to think tomorrow rain, gales and 8-10c.....

Edited by WillinGlossop

Posted

Up over kinder and walk around ladybower.....lovely....snow sprinkled around, thick frost and fog.....very wintery..... Nice two hour walk and back for turkey, gammon, egg and chips....wine and football now....

I've done Kinder and Ladybower before but can honestly say that I've never had Turkey, egg and chips sharing the same plate:-)
  • Like 1

Posted

I've done Kinder and Ladybower before but can honestly say that I've never had Turkey, egg and chips sharing the same plate:-)

Oh and peas and sweetcorn too..... :) its yummy....
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Dry/mild/warm/sunny/high pressure/no snow/no rain

Thick frost here this morning everywhere white, after the neighbour scraped their car it looked like it had snow on it  - what a change tonight with gales or severe gales likely in the morning.

Edited by Gaz1985

Posted

Oh and peas and sweetcorn too..... :) its yummy....

OMG. It gets worse, can't stand garden peas and just don't understand sweet corn if that makes sense but I'll certainly try Turkey, egg and chips if only to use up the pile of it we still have left.Anyway it looks like you picked the right day for doing Kinder as tomorrow may be a bit blustery.

Posted

OMG. It gets worse, can't stand garden peas and just don't understand sweet corn if that makes sense but I'll certainly try Turkey, egg and chips if only to use up the pile of it we still have left.Anyway it looks like you picked the right day for doing Kinder as tomorrow may be a bit blustery.

Its either that or turkey n gammon pie or turkey curry? :)

Posted

Its either that or turkey n gammon pie or turkey curry? :)

Turkey and gammon pie, chips and a couple of pints of real ale.Now that sounds a good option other than I've no gammon.
  • Like 2