Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

North West Regional Weather Discussion 18/12/13

Snowangel-MK

Posted

Further to my post last night, it looks like there was a wave in the flow for the south. Don't know what charts I was looking at! Anyway, this had the effect of slackening the isobars further north thus ruining stormy prospects here. Even tomorrow is looking like a non-event for the south of the region, though you never know.

And yes, I did say "ruining". I'll happily admit I like a good storm. I know some people will be thinking "But what about the potential for death and destruction?" but look at it another way; if we don't get the worst conditions somewhere else will. I'm sure Scotland and NI are fed up getting constantly battered at the moment, and I wouldn't be at all surprised to see Friday's storm going the same way (that's still to be decided though). All things considered, given how many Altantic storms there have been we've got off pretty lightly so far. It's like that scene in Pulp Fiction where the guy bursts out of the bathroom shooting at the two gangsters but all of the bullets miss.

And enjoy the snow if you get some, but I'm sure I won't be seeing any as long as I have a hole where the sun don't shine.

Humbug! :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy weather

My sister was supposed to be travelling from London to Cornwall tonight bt thankfully has put it off till the morning. They say weather down there is terrible. Does anyone know what is in store for Liverpool.

Posted

2 people has died from the severe weather which is located in Snowdonia and the Lake District which is not under the weather warning. I'm feel sad for them. They didn't know what's coming. Posted Image

Come on now, of course sympathies to the families, but the Snowdonia death looks unrelated to the weather....and as RAMP says even it was, there are countless days when weather is too bad to be in the hills but it does not warrant a weather warning,

As i said earlier, so far the meto have been spot on, to implicate them in two deaths as you did is beyond stupid.

• Like 1

Posted

INTERESTING!

BBC 5dayer updated at 17:08 today has HEAVY snow IMBY tomorrow morning. Posted Image

Crap... i have to drive to Oldham/Rochdale christmas shopping tomorrow, lol

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,snow,snow!! Ooh and sunny,warm days!!!

God that looks nasty! http://www.raintoday.co.uk/mobile it had all cleared before, looks like our turn coming through??

Posted

Nice run by gfs 19cm snow sunday..... Id take that....pity itll be in norway by sunday.....

Sun 29 Dec Morning 0 °c -4 °c 0.1 mm 67 % 11 mph 997 mb 415 m

In Detail ► Afternoon 1 °c -5 °c 18.9 cm 100 % 19 mph 981 mb 985 m

Evening 2 °c -4 °c 4.4 mm 99 % 21 mph 980 mb 737 m

Plus 16cm by early friday.... Ill take that too....

Edited by WillinGlossop, A minute ago.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer

Getting fairly lively here now with wind increasing and gusty along with rain.  Looks like a stormy night in greater Manchester

I was just going to post something very similar myself.Was out earlier and it was a decent nighs weather but has certainly took a turn for the worse this last half hour or so.As for tomorrow, looks like being very windy and possibly even a chance of snow for some.

Posted

Just seen a squall line go through Bolton on rain today?

Posted

Wind suddenly gone wild here too!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Any extreme weather conditions

Mornin all, wind picked up through the night currently 6.2c. and dry. Yesterday morning barometer was 1008mb, last night at 11.30pm it was reading 965mb now its 971mb. Just seen BBC weather predicting 90mph gusts for very north of Scotland.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy weather

Seems quiet here. - the calm before the storm ???

• Like 1

Posted

About 1.30am i was wide awake and suddenly after being quite calm the wind got up and the rain was hammering on the windows that lasted for about an hour. Now windy but dry.

Seems quiet here. - the calm before the storm ???

Dunno whats going on.

Posted

Only seem to have half hour of gusts about 1.30am then valmed down, then hailstones this morning, it feels cold enough to snow

• Like 1

Posted

likely to pep up this afternoon just in time for inlaws arrival , ha ha ha ,!!...

oh no forgot about that lol.Cant believe its Christmas Eve it doesnt feel like it at all.Turkey was taken out lastnight hope its defrosted by tomorrow its a pretty large one.

Only seem to have half hour of gusts about 1.30am then valmed down, then hailstones this morning, it feels cold enough to snow

Same here sparkles
  • Like 1

Posted

Is it really meant to pep up this aft as its calm here at the moment.

Posted

Is it really meant to pep up this aft as its calm here at the moment.

Not hugely so for our region....north of scotland, Northern ireland and North Wales coasts expected to see strongest wind.   Coasts, Cumbrian fells and the Peak District will possibly see some strong gusts, but nothing too wild.

Does feel colder out

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: very cold frosty days, blizzards, very hot weather, floods, storms

Big shower to the west is coming in. Cloudy right now.

Edit: getting darker.

Edited by pip22