Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

North West Regional Weather Discussion 18/12/13

Snowangel-MK

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms and other extremes

Well thats me finnished till new year, a day or two of books to catch up on then Christmas here I come , looking forward to some good drink , food , family , friends and exciting weather !!!!!....Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Lucky you. I'm in Sat, Sun, Mon, Christmas Eve, Boxing Day and 27th, plus in New Years Eve. Had a bit of an argument with boss last night at how unfair the rota is! Christmas ain't happening in my house this year!

Edited by CreweCold

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: very cold frosty days, blizzards, very hot weather, floods, storms

I think it will turn colder after xmas with some snow. The snow risk is not over just yet.

Posted Image

Edited by pip22
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Location: Walton liverpool 33m asl work hoylake near train station
  • Weather Preferences: winter snow summer lots of sun

Well it's sunny here now so that looks like it's all done and finished for today oh well still next week to look forward to

Lucky you. I'm in Sat, Sun, Mon, Christmas Eve, Boxing Day and 27th, plus in New Years Eve. Had a bit of an argument with boss last night at how unfair the rota is! Christmas ain't happening in my house this year!

sorry to her that , didn't get much time off last year myself as we had a contract with a deadline to meet !!..

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy weather

Im on Mon, Christmas Eve, Christmas Day and Boxing Day too on night shift. Boooooo !!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy weather

We have a fab sunset here. The sky is a lovely orange colour

post-19399-0-85600100-1387468893_thumb.j

Edited by Miamay

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Dry/mild/warm/sunny/high pressure/no snow/no rain

I think it will turn colder after xmas with some snow. The snow risk is not over just yet.

Posted Image

Frosty has been showing similar charts since early October lol, not seen a covering of snow yet, although we definitely had some sleet around 2pm.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: very cold frosty days, blizzards, very hot weather, floods, storms

Looks like its clearing here. Oh well, Onward to Christmas!! 

Posted

At least a good update from met office

UK Outlook for Tuesday 24 Dec 2013 to Thursday 2 Jan 2014:

Staying mainly unsettled and very windy with showers or longer periods of rain, heavy in places, especially in the north and west. Gale force winds are likely with severe gales or storm force winds possible; especially, but not exclusively, in the north and west. From Christmas Day onwards, the greatest risk of the very strong winds and heavy rain may move further south with colder temperatures in the northwest allowing snow to low levels here, rather than just over high ground. Otherwise, temperatures generally near normal or rather mild in the south at first. Towards the end of the period, it should remain unsettled with showers and longer spells of rain, though the risk of severe gales is likely to reduce.

• Like 1

Seems like some have got some really super duperty shifts over Christmas, I'll be thinking of you and others ,as years ago I was a shift worker and know how awful it is , expecially when my kids where little !!.... edit , obviously can't swear on forum !!..

Edited by Mokidugway

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Dry/mild/warm/sunny/high pressure/no snow/no rain

At least a good update from met officeUK Outlook for Tuesday 24 Dec 2013 to Thursday 2 Jan 2014:Staying mainly unsettled and very windy with showers or longer periods of rain, heavy in places, especially in the north and west. Gale force winds are likely with severe gales or storm force winds possible; especially, but not exclusively, in the north and west. From Christmas Day onwards, the greatest risk of the very strong winds and heavy rain may move further south with colder temperatures in the northwest allowing snow to low levels here, rather than just over high ground. Otherwise, temperatures generally near normal or rather mild in the south at first. Towards the end of the period, it should remain unsettled with showers and longer spells of rain, though the risk of severe gales is likely to reduce.

Sounds like "cold zonality"

Posted

Frosty has been showing similar charts since early October lol, not seen a covering of snow yet, although we definitely had some sleet around 2pm.

I did my best to show widespread snow after Christmas. It is in deep FI. It be a begger's hope for coldies unless 12z show something better.

Edited by pip22

Posted

We have a fab sunset here. The sky is a lovely orange colour

Lol that's all the snow that's skirting around the northwest snow shield
  • Like 1

Posted

We should expect alot of wintry showers this evening before it fades away later overnight. Its ain't over just yet for today's wintry/wet weather.

• Like 1

Posted

chucked it down after dinner then its was "trying to snow " but back to good old rain :(

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snowy winters,warm summers and Storms

We should expect alot of wintry showers this evening before it fades away later overnight. Its ain't over just yet for today's wintry/wet weather.

Sorry have I missed something......nice this morning with clear blue skies then cloud set in and it rained for 5 mins

now cloud clearing

The forecast was for frequent blustery wintry showers with the threat of sleet/snow later.....yeah right

Sorry Pip not a go at you In anway...just yet again the forecast is totally wrong 

C.S

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - snow, Irish sea convection. Summer - thunderstorms, hot sunny days

Sorry have I missed something......nice this morning with clear blue skies then cloud set in and it rained for 5 mins

now cloud clearing

The forecast was for frequent blustery wintry showers with the threat of sleet/snow later.....yeah right

Sorry Pip not a go at you In anway...just yet again the forecast is totally wrong 

C.S

I agree, the weather today has shown no correlation to the forecast this morning, and although we had a heavy rain shower earlier, that's all I thought it was, a shower, but evidently that was the band of precipitation. Not up to much. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snowy winters,warm summers and Storms

GFS 12z  gives parts of the NW a wintry day Christmas Eve with snow showers around,same Christmas day

But TBH when the models cannot get t24 correct then you do start to wonder exactly what the weather will be like

over Christmas

C.S

• Like 2

Posted

Well at least it's not mild warm rubbish and still lots of winter to come so on we go for the next chance I make that twice now it has meant to snow and it hasn't so third time lucky hopefully

• Like 1