Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scotland - Regional Discussion 16/12/2013 >

LomondSnowstorm

Posted

The wind sounds like it is picking up here slightly just east of the city centre. The photo was taken looking south west towards the Eaglesham Moors and the Whitlee Windfarm. Calm before the first part of the storm for Glasgow.

I recommended that a work mate cancel his boys outdoor football training for this evening. Just isn't worth the risk.

Track 5 of the alternative Xmas songs should be with you this evening.

Posted Image

post-11598-0-12160900-1387380424_thumb.j

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold and snowy in winter, a good mix of weather the rest of the time

Certainly an interesting 24hrs coming up for many. Over here in the east though I think I might have to just enjoy pictures of snow from elsewhere.

Possibly, although the advantage for you is that anything that falls is quite likely to lie. For example the Euro4 on both runs has (slightly worryingly for me as I've got a flight at 7am Friday from EDI) push snowfall eastwards across the central belt, either reaching Edinbrgh around evening or just after midnight:

Posted Image

Temperatures above 0C for most so probably not causing massive disruption to transport away from high level routes (at least nothing that can't be cleared if Councils and MO are on the ball) but enough to give a dusting or even a covering in the garden:

Posted Image

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, wild! wild! wild! Frost, a wee bit o' sun....

"What more can a girl do????Posted Image"

EAT CHOCOLATE!

Got that covered Hon! Got bucket loads of birthday chocolate left. I may just  share a few squares of a bar with the OH, but under no circumstances is he getting anywhere near my Belgian Chocolates! Posted Image

Anyhoo, it has started to  get a wee bit breezy up here and I have to go out to my dance class in about an hour, so should be home in time before the real fun starts! So, to all who live on the Western seaboard or the Western isles please take care folks! If I'm not on here in the morning as I usually am it means one of two things.....nae leccy or I've been blown a bitty further north than I am at present! Take care all!

• Like 5

Posted
  • Location: Maddiston , Falkirk, Scotland 390ft above sea level
  • Location: Maddiston , Falkirk, Scotland 390ft above sea level

Temps rising as the front approaches. Some really heavy stuff in there. If only it was snow!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: A foggy and frosty morning with newly fallen pristine snow - Paradise!

Maximum today was 10.3 C at 14.31 and currently 8.4 C (-0.5 C/hr).Pressure currently 982.3 hPa (-3.0 hPa/hr)!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold and snowy in winter, a good mix of weather the rest of the time

Well this is where things get interesting:

Posted Image

Not a huge amount showing on the accumulations charts as of 9am but much of central Scotland does have at least the lightest shade of pink i.e. 2cm of snow:

Posted Image

Could be a fun wee walk to my exam tomorrow morning and then train back to Fife in the afternoon...

Edited by LomondSnowstorm
  • Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: well it depends.. just not haar!

Absolutely wild up here with wind and rain battering the hoose - but my son in East Lothian says it's a lovely clear night with just a wee bit of wind!

• Like 2

Posted
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.

Light showers and blustery here in Glen Nevis atm.

• Like 1

Posted

Wind really picking up here in NE Fife - whistling down the chimney.

Enjoy Prague LS, coincidentally I'm headed there on Sunday!

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and cold. Enjoy all extremes though.

Just been viewing the Irish thread and already 1 fatality due to a tree falling onto a woman's car. Also, a station roof has collapsed, injuring 3. Sounds bad over there.

Wind picking up here now and heavy rain just started.  10c/SE/975.9mb-falling rapidly.  Highest gust 30.6mph.

Posted

Getting very windy here! Almost lost the car door when I opened it!! Dry and 9c at moment. Hope all those else where don't get it too bad and stay safe

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thundery summers, very snowy winters! Huge Atlantic Storms!

Extremely windy here now! Very strong galePosted Image Posted Image

Posted

Rain has now turned heavy, waiting for the winds to pick up now.

Edited by Polar Maritime

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: Warm/Dry enough for a t-shirt. Winter: Cold enough for a scarf.

There's the lights just flickered here. Heavy rain and a breezy here.

What lies in store tonight then?

Posted

The wind has picked up with strong gusts coupled with heavy rain. Certainly more activity in the weather during the next 24hrs and more variability and variety upto and beyond Christmas with a more mobile and atlantic dominated pattern.