Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scotland - Regional Discussion 16/12/2013 >

LomondSnowstorm

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, wild! wild! wild! Frost, a wee bit o' sun....

Morning peeps! We had a breezy night up here, lots of rain and sleet this morning. We await the arrival of the next big blaw, which will be a wee puff in comparison to Christmas if those charts come off! Ach well, I'm away to put ma Chrissy decs up, at least the house will look a wee bit festive in the middle of a power cut! Posted Image

• Like 1

Posted
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.

A blustery morning here with heavy showers rattling through, an interesting 48 hrs coming up with severe gales and poss storm force winds overnight with snow to look forward to tommorow. Off for a drive to Applecross later, should make for an interesing drive ! Theres been more snow overnight on Nevis to..

Heres a shot of the Caingorms yesterday.. sorry upside down.

post-12319-0-10284900-1387355676_thumb.j

Edited by Polar Maritime
  • Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: North Atlantic cyclogenesis

Hmm, hands-up! I was wrong. Initially thought tonights low was gonna be less severe than the media and peeps on here were suggesting. telephone box, it looks bad winding up already 

post-18389-0-07071400-1387355754_thumb.g

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Crystal Clear High Pressure & Blue Skies

I agree Mondy, Sunday and Monday outjpit implied that this low wouldn't bomb as much.

Guess it comes down to the final interactions with the jet which cannot be resolved until much closer timeframe.

Posted

Hurricane Bawbag part II Xmas eve according to GFS

http://www.wetterzentrale.de/pics/Rtavn1621.png

Who fancies a go on the star flyer in that Posted Image

According to Metcheck we will have winds in excess of 80mph up here on Christmas Eve. Now that's actually quite scary! Posted Image

Posted

well last nights was quite bad ,nextdoors fence has been rearranged into a pretty arch shape with some of it up in the air ,daughter is running for home now ,as the ferries are going to be a bit of a nightmare 

Edited by milkmaid
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and cold. Enjoy all extremes though.

Anyone know the likely strengths for us east coasters tonight? Gawd I hate wind!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: North Atlantic cyclogenesis

Shannon, issued on Wednesday 18 December 2013 at 0359 UTC
 Southerly severe gale force 9 now decreased gale force 8, veering westerly and increasing hurricane force 12 soon

Rockall, issued on Wednesday 18 December 2013 at 0359 UTC
 Southerly storm force 10 now decreased severe gale force 9 veering westerly and increasing hurricane force 12 soon

Malin, issued on Wednesday 18 December 2013 at 0359 UTC
 Southerly storm force 10 now decreased severe gale force 9, veering northwesterly and increasing hurricane force 12 later

Hebrides, issued on Wednesday 18 December 2013 at 0359 UTC
 Southerly storm force 10 now decreased severe gale force 9, veering northwesterly and increasing hurricane force 12 later

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and cold. Enjoy all extremes though.

Posted Image

Is the green colour snow?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summers Snowy Winters Stormy Autumns

Strange EDO ours hasn't been seen for about the same length of time, that is too much of a coincidence.

That is strange, i keep meaning to read up on the habits of grey squirrels to see if there is any plausible explanation.....i liked that wee guy...he used to come right up to the hose to eat bread and nuts I would put out and the kids loved it.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: A foggy and frosty morning with newly fallen pristine snow - Paradise!

That is strange, i keep meaning to read up on the habits of grey squirrels to see if there is any plausible explanation.....i liked that wee guy...he used to come right up to the hose to eat bread and nuts I would put out and the kids loved it.

Same here EDO he was a wee friend!

My wife who is a keen photographer of the local flora and fauna ( http://www.leavesnbloom.com/ ) knows where there was a colony on the Almondbank/Pitcairngreen side of the R. Almond and we will take a walk over there during Christmas to see if there is any trace of them.

There is a bounty for them so their existence is perilous to any so inclined.

Edited by Highland Snow

Posted

i'm working over night tonight luckily our place has a genni ,ferries are being cancelled ,already daughters back on this side now 

• Like 6

Posted

My wife who is a keen photographer of the local flora and fauna ( http://www.leavesnbloom.com/ ) knows where there was a colony on the Almondbank/Pitcairngreen side of the R. Almond and we will take a walk over there during Christmas to see if there is any trace of them.

Very strange, my wee guy is also missing. Was fearing he was broon breed too, but sounds like there might be hope! Between worrying about him and watching all this weather in the next week, you'll be lucky if anyone gets a Christmas dinner in this house Posted Image

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: A foggy and frosty morning with newly fallen pristine snow - Paradise!

Think you will enjoy this guys amazing photography of the recent snow in Israel fellow Kilters:

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Michael-shmidt-Photographer-Artist/180648892090528

• Like 2

Posted

Certainly an interesting 24hrs coming up for many. Over here in the east though I think I might have to just enjoy pictures of snow from elsewhere.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summers Snowy Winters Stormy Autumns

Very strange, my wee guy is also missing. Was fearing he was broon breed too, but sounds like there might be hope! Between worrying about him and watching all this weather in the next week, you'll be lucky if anyone gets a Christmas dinner in this house Posted Image

good stuff HS keep us posted......this is getting very strange now but does make me think there is now plenty hope still alive.....will tell the kids tonight and may have a walk down by the colony during the festive break......charts looking so interesting for this week and xmas..... currently embroiled in xmas prsent shopping and setting up tablets and downloading to micro sd cards blah blah blah.....but hope to be all done by later tonight so can concentrate on enjoying xmas period and of course chart/weather watch

• Like 2

Posted

Staring down the barrel now Posted Image

AAAAAAAAARRRRRGGGHHHH!!!!! Right....ACTION STATIONS!  Batteries charged...check! Torches at the ready...check! Oil lamps filled and wicks trimmed....check!  Good supply of wood and coal at the ready...check! What more can a girl do????Posted Image

• Like 8

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy or warm and dry

Met Office weather warnings have now been updated. There's an Amber wind warning now for most of the west coast of Scotland and the islands, and the Yellow wind warning has been expanded to cover all but the SE of Scotland.

Mistyqueen and the others out on the Western Isles, I'm sure you're used to it living out there but take care. Hope there's something left by the end of this winter for the rest of us to visit when it's less windy.

• Like 5