Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scotland - Regional Discussion 16/12/2013 >

LomondSnowstorm

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms, Warm summer evenings

we should all jump in at the same time and take over and talk about the real storm we are going to see

Lets go for it, kilted thread invasion Posted Image

• Like 2

Posted

Always the same, if affects southern  England or London, it's 1000x worse than it is anywhere else and its only them who exist. What do you expect?! lol

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, ice, cold

I;m a State Registered Coward, with a note from my Mum an' all - I'm not going in the Model Thread!! If the Isles are forecast (NAOO, was it?) for sustained winds of 79mph, wtf are the gusts going to be on top of that??

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, ice, cold

A second death, a woman in a fast-flowing flood river in Wales this time.Why is anyone going within a hundred yards of a riverbank???

Posted

They are having none of it in the severe weather thread tonight. I suppose it is a tad childish but true nevertheless 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms, gales. All extremes except humidity.

I;m a State Registered Coward, with a note from my Mum an' all - I'm not going in the Model Thread!! If the Isles are forecast (NAOO, was it?) for sustained winds of 79mph, wtf are the gusts going to be on top of that??

There was a recent thread about the ratio of gusts to sustained wind speeds. It may be in the general bit or learning area. From memory gusts have a higher ratio to wind speed in urban areas because of the buildings but I cannot remember exactly. Up a third more or so I think.

Posted
  • Location: falkirk, scotland, 16.505m, 54.151ft above sea level
  • Weather Preferences: dry sunny average summers and really cold snowy winters

My post got wiped after 3 secs .bus will be next .

yip mine got removed as well.

would be good to see if we were in a thread talking about weather and the winds were higher down south and we were being told about it being worse down there would there posts be removed

Posted
  • Location: Maddiston , Falkirk, Scotland 390ft above sea level

BBC going for snow only above 700ft.That's got to be wrong?

Posted

The stormy weather is at least giving the higher ground a lot of drifting snow - quite a contrast to the extreme mildness earlier this month.  Some very iffy conditions on the hills though with lots of unconsolidated snow.

I lifted this picture of drifts outside the ski centre at Glenshee from one of the blogs (check them out for loads of snow pics!) on the avalanche information service website at http://www.sais.gov.uk/

Posted Image

• Like 5

Posted

A second death, a woman in a fast-flowing flood river in Wales this time.Why is anyone going within a hundred yards of a riverbank???

I was just talking to the other half about that and saying how stupid it is to be anywhere near water in this type of weather but it happens time and time again in storms and people never learn.

sad really that people are losing there lives when a bit of common sense would keep them alive and save there loved ones all the heart ache they are about to go through

Posted

New York was 21c on Saturday.Madness!

Posted

Always the same, if affects southern  England or London, it's 1000x worse than it is anywhere else and its only them who exist. What do you expect?! lol

wait till tomorrow and we will all go in there and we will see if we get any comments back and if anything is done about it or not

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snaw

Not been in the model thread in years.

Why bother when you have a Scottish model thread right here.

Every bit as informative - if not far more so - with added quality banter.

Just need to get ourselves a met.sco on a par with this http://www.yr.no/ and we're laughing.

Edited by scottish skier
  • Like 7

Posted

I'm thinking warnings will be upgrading soon esp west coast mainland Central belt Orkney is covered by Amber however my location is at 10mph higher than them

• Like 1

Posted

its not anti Englishness BMW just people on here would like the real story reflected and not just what the south coast is going to see.

they have covered it for days about what is going to hit there but still nothing here.

we understand there are more people there but threat to life with weather isn't about how many people live in an area but actually the severity of the weather to be seen.

no need to feel unwanted or unwelcome it isn't about people being English just that a fair coverage of what is going to happen and where.

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Crystal Clear High Pressure & Blue Skies

Completely agree BMW, please refer to the forum guidelines.

Netweather community guidelines/rules
If your post content, signatures, profile images, etc. are disruptive and impact other members enjoyment of the Netweather community we may ask you to refrain from such actions or revoke your access to this community or features within it.

Trolling simply isn't acceptable, and nor is posting in order to attain your post being deleted or wiped out.

The moderators on here do this in their own time, and don't have time to put up with folk being a.r.s.e.h.o.l.e.s.

Am looking forward to some exceptional weather, not a deluge of b.s from folk on the noise up.

Please consider the wider community who use the site.

Thanks.

• Like 6

Posted

Have to apologise if any of my posts have come across as anti-english this evening, can assure everyone it was not intended. I have english family myself and fully understand the disruption they are experiencing down south, it's a severe event for the entirety of the UK

Edited by Mesosphere
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, thunderstorms and extremes

I spent 6 years in southern England, 3 at Uni and 3yr working in central London. I love the climate doon there.....hot summers, big thunderstorms. Didn't get a cold winter when I was there. I think its easier to get aff with an English lassie than a Scotttish one.

The English like to take the pish oot the Scots and vice versa. Just take it on the chin and move on.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snaw

its not anti Englishness BMW just people on here would like the real story reflected and not just what the south coast is going to see.

they have covered it for days about what is going to hit there but still nothing here.

It is most certainly not. However, no need for anything that might come across as such given things are shall we say, a little delicate right now.

It's funny, as exactly the same thing happens in France (where Mrs SS is from). The northerners make fun of the southerners and vice versa. The 'provincials' moan about the Parisians...

Anyway, if folks want the main broadcasters to focus on news and weather relevant to Scotland, then everyone living here, irrespective of whether they've red hair, freckles and a taste for haggis, gets a choice on that next year.

Nuff said.

And back to the weather...

Pre-hoolie now. Can fair hear it blawin.

Edited by scottish skier
  • Like 8

Posted

It is most certainly not. However, no need for anything that might come across as such given things are shall we say, a little delicate right now.

It's funny, as exactly the same thing happens in France (where Mrs SS is from). The northerners make fun of the southerners and vice versa. The 'provincials' moan about the Parisians...

Anyway, if folks want the main broadcasters to focus on news and weather relevant to Scotland, then everyone living here, irrespective of whether they've red hair, freckles and a taste for haggis, gets a choice on that next year.

Nuff said.

And back to the weather...

Pre-hoolie now. Can fair hear it blawin.

yeah its the same everywhere like in America as well the south and the north divide there also east and west.

maybe us scots can come across wrong sometimes in it all and its easy to see how it can get confused but its really us scots just having a bit of banter after all we are all famous for the banter we have.

Posted

I've been on this forum for years - ever since the "Slow Watch" days for those who remember that - but very, very rarely post as I don't have a clue when it comes to reading charts and just like to see what the snow chances are! Since the Scottish thread was created, I've basically just ignored the model thread as this thread is so friendly with extremely informative posters, such as Lornezo, LSS and CMD.

I must say however that at times there is an anti-English sentiment running through some of the posts and I completely agree with BMW and Lorenzo. I'm not saying that people mean for it to come across that way but it unfortunately does and there is absolutely no need for it. If the model output thread is a bit English-centric then it doesn't matter a jot as we have this great thread for discussing weather in Scotland and that's all that really matters so please just concentrate on that.

Apologies for being so off-topic but this crops up now and again and sometimes spoils an otherwise brilliant forum.

Completely agree BMW, please refer to the forum guidelines.

Netweather community guidelines/rules
If your post content, signatures, profile images, etc. are disruptive and impact other members enjoyment of the Netweather community we may ask you to refrain from such actions or revoke your access to this community or features within it.

Trolling simply isn't acceptable, and nor is posting in order to attain your post being deleted or wiped out.

The moderators on here do this in their own time, and don't have time to put up with folk being a.r.s.e.h.o.l.e.s.

Am looking forward to some exceptional weather, not a deluge of b.s from folk on the noise up.

Please consider the wider community who use the site.

Thanks.

• Like 5