Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West/Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion 15/12/13 18z ------>

A.J

Posted

Torrid here now, last 5 mins especially, wind howling (exposed rural) rain lashing against the windows, roof leaking like a sieve!!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

According to me the squall should now be in the vicinity of Swindon, Devizes, Westbury and Wincanton and Southwestwards from there, any reports from that region?

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, tornados

some mighty gusts here on the Island now

Time to batten down the hatches, torches/candles are ready as lights flickering, and many places on the island are also reporting lights flickering

Sandown, Shanklin ,Ryde, Newport, East Cowes, Brading, Godhsill,Seaview and Bembridge

Stay safe guys/Islanders

Edit @ 00.15 Power cables now fallen in places on the island, have no idea how long i shall be on, but please stay safe everyone...

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

For the record, courtesy of BBC online.

South West Trains tweets: No trains running on any route before 07:30 on Tuesday 24 December to allow each line to be checked to ensure safety.

• Like 1

Posted

According to me the squall should now be in the vicinity of Swindon, Devizes, Westbury and Wincanton and Southwestwards from there, any reports from that region?

turned very wet and windy then its gone much calmer on the other side.

• Like 1

Posted

How long until it hits you GLTW do you think?  Usually about 40 mins after you get the weather, it hits me!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

First signs of colder air behind this mild mush as ppn turns wintry in Ireland.. Posted Image

• Like 3

Crikey, it's horrid outside! Gusting to well over 40mph, and over 30mm of rain. The local brookes are overflowing, and as those pictures show, Coate Water is well.. under water.

And we're in the yellow waring area. Dread to think what it's like in the amber areas!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: frosty, lots of snow and good ol fashion thunderstorms.

evening, i hope everyone is keeping safe! I was just wondering if someone can tell me if my area can expect the squall any time soon. My phone doesn't like the weather radar.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunder, strong winds

The rain was very very heavy, slammed against my bedroom window for a good 15 minutes. . It sounded like there may have been some hail too. The wind was strong, but no stronger than it's been all evening. Unlike other squall lines, this one was slow to clear because it moved in from the southwest on a northeast trajectory, rather than just west to east. Now the squall line has passed through it has become very silent.

Looks like it may not be over yet either, there's another squall line south of Cornwall by the looks of things.

Edited by Somerset Squall
  • Like 2

Posted

Reports just in for any islanders

Road closures are as follows

Beapers Shute, Brading High Street, Binstead Main Road and Lushington Hill, St John’s Train Station between Ryde Esplanade and Brading is completely submerged, The Broadway, Totland, Kemming Road, Whitwell, Barrack Shute, Niton,

Island Roads have deployed the Flood Defence Unit to Greenway in Binstead to assist in protecting properties from flooding.

The road remains closed this evening alongside St George’s Way in Newport and Briddlesford Road, Wootton.

Will update when more reports come in

• Like 2

Posted

I cant sleep mummy ...

Neither can this non-daddy. Posted Image  Drip, drip, drip from another leaky roof here I think, although we already knew about our situation before tonight. Those roofers will be in high demand right now.

• Like 2

Posted

How long until it hits you GLTW do you think?  Usually about 40 mins after you get the weather, it hits me!

I hope it doesn't literally hit you Posted Image , but I would say another half an hour for me yet. Posted Image

First signs of colder air behind this mild mush as ppn turns wintry in Ireland.. Posted Image

Can't you wait until January? But yes, no you do have a sneaky chance of a flake or two later tomorrow. Posted Image

• Like 2

Posted

lol she not awake thankfully.Although stirring loads and woke once as we are south facing.The window is gonna blow in in a minute lol. x

• Like 1

Posted

I hope it doesn't literally hit you Posted Image , but I would say another half an hour for me yet. Posted Image

This Squall line? Will it mean heavier rain or stronger winds? Or both, I'm new to all this weather talk.

• Like 1

Posted

Reports just in for any islanders

Road closures are as follows

Beapers Shute, Brading High Street, Binstead Main Road and Lushington Hill, St John’s Train Station between Ryde Esplanade and Brading is completely submerged, The Broadway, Totland, Kemming Road, Whitwell, Barrack Shute, Niton,

Island Roads have deployed the Flood Defence Unit to Greenway in Binstead to assist in protecting properties from flooding.

The road remains closed this evening alongside St George’s Way in Newport and Briddlesford Road, Wootton.

Will update when more reports come in

I feel for you lot, I truly do. Take Care if you dare venture out at any point in time. When the squall comes I advise you stay indoors and hopefully by then it will be pretty late into the early hours, given that's bleedin half twelve already. Posted Image

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot, hot, hot! Or cold, cold, cold!

This Squall line? Will it mean heavier rain or stronger winds? Or both, I'm new to all this weather talk.

Lol, both Posted Image Very suddenly. Central south coast have missed the two main squall lines but there are two forming out in the channel which look set to hit soton and popmey in a bit. Wish I wasn't so tired

• Like 2

Posted

Lol, both Posted Image Very suddenly. Central south coast have missed the two main squall lines but there are two forming out in the channel which look set to hit soton and popmey in a bit. Wish I wasn't so tired

Thanks for that!!

Posted
Posted

So how long will it last? Seconds/minutes?

Posted

Small (hopefully) hail, violent brief gusts of wind and very heavy rain, potential thunder are all associated with squalls, albeit the most active ones. Whether this one keeps itself intact by the time it reaches you is up to the weather gods. Posted Image

Edited by gottolovethisweather
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder / lightning, Freezing rain, snow, ice and blizzards!

Pressure still falling here now 970mb very gusty out there and still raining, how long is this due to last?

Got my head torch with some new batteries, ipad and iPhones charged up just incase the power goes which it usually does here in lesser dramatic weather!

Some interesting noises out there too!

Posted

Strange, the squall didn't really seem to affect me, seemed to be more of the same of what we did have... I think it's because it was travelling west to east when it hit me, and appeared to be narrower than it currently is... And as it's now tilted, it's taking longer to clear areas!

• Like 1