Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West/Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion 15/12/13 18z ------>

A.J

Posted
Posted · Hidden by Dorsetbred, December 23, 2013 - No reason given
Hidden by Dorsetbred, December 23, 2013 - No reason given

I'll be at the quay tonight, not much I can do about it until I speak to Rempstone estate. I'll just enjoy part deux from the comfort of the pub. Posted Image

Wish I could join yah, but I cant sit in a pub all night drinking soft drinks, so not his time.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: The fabled channel low

76mm here so far today the only problem being the porch has developed a fatal leak.......

Posted

Look at the radar for the squall line & guess where it split as it went through, yep right over us. Does look like the IOW is getting nailed at the moment with the squall line.

That happened here earlier, again..There must be a narrow strip of the Isle of Wight and some other central southern parts getting a lot of rain.. squall line lying parallel to it's motion so some real torrential rain lasting for half an hour or more in places.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow/thunderstorms

I think the squall line is right on us now. Fierce to say the least

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, tornados

90mph at the needles !!

Would not take the Needles Weather Station to seriously, it is in a very exposed area right at top of the needles so it will pick up stronger gusts

Posted

That happened here earlier, again..There must be a narrow strip of the Isle of Wight and some other central southern parts getting a lot of rain.. squall line lying parallel to it's motion so some real torrential rain lasting for half an hour or more in places.

Strong part of the present squall appears to be stretching from Reigate, through north of Chichester, Pompey and southern IOW

Edited by Dorsetbred

Posted

Extra pumps are in place for the Monkton Mead outlet at Ryde. I cannot remember rain like this for years. If it doesn't stop soon there will be some flooding along the seafront

Posted

Extra pumps are in place for the Monkton Mead outlet at Ryde. I cannot remember rain like this for years. If it doesn't stop soon there will be some flooding along the seafront

Agreed, there has been no let up, dreading getting to work for 6am start in the morning

Stay safe guys please

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

The next area of rain makes todays rain look like a patch of drizzle on radar Posted Image

• Like 1

Posted
  • Location: Taunton Somerset(term time ) Sudbury, Suffolk weekends and holidays hoping to make Suffolk permanent soon ) . .
  • Weather Preferences: thunder/lightning ,gales and warm sunny weather
  • Location: Taunton Somerset(term time ) Sudbury, Suffolk weekends and holidays hoping to make Suffolk permanent soon ) . .

As thought, the local stream is badly flooded, on par with April 2012 I would say! Posted Image

Next batch of rain should be with me soon....!

I would say that the outlaying districts will be under water too- it seems very windy again too........or is that my imagination ??? How heavy rain are we talking here ?!

The next area of rain makes todays rain look like a patch of drizzle on radar Posted Image

Ah, didn't see yourr comment as I was busy posting mine ! LOL

Posted

Wind is certainly increasing here again, and some pretty beefy gusts now too

Edited by Cyclonic

Posted
  • Location: Atherfield, 0.8 km from SW coast, Isle of Wight, 35m ASL

Absolutely honking it down on SW coast of Island.  Must be some serious cliff erosion going on with all the run-off.  Sea is roaring.

Posted

Here is the detailed forecast for the next 12 hours Posted Image

post-8911-0-07750100-1387825055_thumb.pn

• Like 4

Posted

Calmer tomorrow with a brisk south westerly wind - however unusually temps are only forecast to be around 6c - normally a south westerly would bring our region mild or v mild temps. Guess a lot of PM air in the circulation.

Posted

Calmer tomorrow with a brisk south westerly wind - however unusually temps are only forecast to be around 6c - normally a south westerly would bring our region mild or v mild temps. Guess a lot of PM air in the circulation.

hence the snow risk... Posted Image

• Like 1

Posted

Absolutely honking it down on SW coast of Island.  Must be some serious cliff erosion going on with all the run-off.  Sea is roaring.

I think Culver cliff face and the Cliff face at Shanklin will experience some short of erosion, and also Bonchurch and other areas, god knows how the Military road is holding out

Posted

hence the snow risk... Posted Image

Yes, just saw the PW forecast - chance of something wintry over higher ground - u might get lucky M.

Posted

Just been out to check what's going on, we are totally marooned by flood water outside.

I think Culver cliff face and the Cliff face at Shanklin will experience some short of erosion, and also Bonchurch and other areas, god knows how the Military road is holding out

I'm just one field from Military road and two from coast.  Will be checking it all out at first light!

Posted

Originally a Pompey lass (yea I know Southampton people don't hate me I don't live there now!) see on BBC News live feed that a tree has fallen on a house in Portchester. Nasty stuff.

Posted

Yes, just saw the PW forecast - chance of something wintry over higher ground - u might get lucky M.

just waiting for it to update on website at moment as missed it, however watching holly greens forecast was a pleasure. Posted Image Posted Image

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

Here is the detailed forecast for the next 12 hours Posted Image

Posted Imagerain.png

red rain eh?.....that's pretty bad Posted Image

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow snow cold weather and storms

Wind gusting stronger for ryde now again will it get any worse or is it that it on the wind front ?

Posted

Wind gusting stronger for ryde now again will it get any worse or is it that it on the wind front ?

Going to worse as the evening rolls in, between midnight and 3am gust expected of around 80mph

Edited by Cyclonic
  • Like 1