Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West/Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion 15/12/13 18z ------>

A.J

The winds might be negotiable but the rainfall projections over the next 48 hours look startling to say the least. High res EURO4 model showing some places exceeding 100mm over the next 48 hours;

Posted Imageimage.jpg

I'll do a full forecast after the 12z output tonight, but I would be prepared for some flooding around the region on the run up to Christmas.

I really like these new forecasts but I do wish the rainfall accumulation went in a bit more detail like NAE.

Edited by J10
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Gales, frost, fog & snow

I really like these new forecasts but I do wish the rainfall accumulation went in a bit more detail like NAE.

Indeed.The NW NMM model is also much more detailed. When using charts like the above, I forget the printed figures as they are too vague for regional forecasts, and instead concentrate on the colour-scale bias.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

All this hype of a great storm coming seems over the top I expect we shall see a wet and windy day with a couple of weak trees blown over.

At the worst possible time of year thereby maximising the misery for those who will undoubtedly be effected by it. Hype or no hype, forewarned is forearmed. Posted Image

Edited by gottolovethisweather
  • Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

Snow risk over the festive period seems to have downgraded slightly today for our region as the 'storm' clears Posted Image

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

Really dark here now, am sure I heard a distant rumble not too long ago and just starting to hail with splodgy rain.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Fair to Foul...

Met Office Has AMBER WARNINGS out for this area Monday/Tuesday.... 

Posted

Just had a heavy shower in Whitchurch 100m absl of rain hail and even some decent sleet towards the end of shower.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

blimey...we have a thunderstorm here!!

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

I think that's just about to hit here! Sky is literally black!

yep some pretty loud thunder and plenty of hail....should be with you in the next few minutes

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunder, strong winds

The showers keep breaking up and passing north and south of my location. It got pretty windy as the last shower passed to the north.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy Winters, Torrential Storm Summers

Had a downpour in Bournemouth at about 2:30, but nothing much, seems we are fairly quiet here today in the build up for tomorrow.

Take extra care everyone tomorrow, It's Christmas! Don't take this storm for granted, I think this will be more severe in its widespread nature than the last storm(St.Judes?) A lot of rain and the winds will be pretty severe and much more prolonged than the before mentioned storm. 

So many people travelling.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: None - UK weather is always exciting at some point

Had a downpour in Bournemouth at about 2:30, but nothing much, seems we are fairly quiet here today in the build up for tomorrow.

Take extra care everyone tomorrow, It's Christmas! Don't take this storm for granted, I think this will be more severe in its widespread nature than the last storm(St.Judes?) A lot of rain and the winds will be pretty severe and much more prolonged than the before mentioned storm. 

So many people travelling.

Just been on 'possible storm' forum and it now seems that the storm is now splitting into two, with 930mb in both centres. I really don't know what to make of this as to how bad the situation is going to get. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy Winters, Torrential Storm Summers

Just been on 'possible storm' forum and it now seems that the storm is now splitting into two, with 930mb in both centres. I really don't know what to make of this as to how bad the situation is going to get. 

really? I must pop in there 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

*** For those in Cornwall, Scilly Isles and the Channel Islands I have issued a weather warning for tomorrow: http://www.cciweather.co.uk/#/warnings/4573724904 ***

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Dry mild or snow winter. Hot and humid summer.

Hail here at the moment and it has gone really dark

Gone really dark hear too!!

Posted

Gone really dark hear too!!

Posted Image  Posted Image Posted Image

Something to do with the solar cycle Posted Image

Edited by mullender83
  • Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Gales, frost, fog & snow

Another beefy hail shower passed over again.

Nice dusting of hail for a few minutes.