Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West/Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion 15/12/13 18z ------>

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy Winters, Torrential Storm Summers

After the squall line passed through earlier this am, we've been into steady slow rainfall.

Currently @ 2mm

Yes 2.0mm for me today so far. could see some significant totals tomorrow.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk
I thought I'd mention this in here too..

Tonight and the early hours could be fun in the west/south west, surface and mid level CAPE develops, with decreasing ELT's - low enough for hail production, incoming showers could turn heavy with thunder & lightning mixed in, a lively new years eve for some. :)

post-15177-0-58974100-1388494909_thumb.p post-15177-0-82521900-1388494915_thumb.p post-15177-0-84733200-1388494926_thumb.p post-15177-0-95500700-1388494932_thumb.p 

post-15177-0-49719400-1388494943_thumb.p post-15177-0-02673900-1388494955_thumb.p

Here's the NMM's take on rainfall.. Worth radar watching tonight though. :good:

post-15177-0-34210900-1388494964_thumb.p post-15177-0-77285700-1388494976_thumb.p post-15177-0-72008600-1388494986_thumb.p post-15177-0-10708300-1388495000_thumb.p post-15177-0-75999500-1388495007_thumb.p
Edited by Mapantz
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

CALLING ALL Cornish, Scillonians and Channel Islanders!!!

Im creating a new page on my website of all your weather photos from 2013. No matter what it is and what weather it shows, we want it!!!

http://www.cciweather.co.uk/#/2013-pics/4573724903

Please do reply here or PM me with some photos. The more the better! 

Cheers all. 

Edited by Blizzards

Posted

I have enjoyed some very varied weather while away for a few days ; travelled North on a gloriously sunny and frosty Sunday with frost lingering in places into the afternoon for the first time this winter. Awoke to a very windy/wet Monday morning at my brother's (near Worksop) but they had hardly any rain as yesterday's front weakened considerably before an unexpectedly sunny afternoon. Then this morning started bright there but I feared a nasty drive home, however we only encountered a few miles of torrential rain on the M1 with steady rain either side of that. The most beautiful sight was the stunning straight South to North line cloud clearance which was visible to our West from midday but we only drove into sunshine as we got home.

Posted

Just wanted to say Happy New Year to everyone in the South West thread! Hope you all have a good one and I hope Mother Nature brings what you want in 2014! :)

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Gales, frost, fog & snow

Before I get to intoxicated I would like to wish all fellow Southerners a happy and prosperous 2014.

Let's hope the weather is kinder to all our needs and hopes this year.

I will be back next year to search for winter which is somewhat rather elusive currently.

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thundersnow

Thunder and lightning just now here. Just 1 strike so far

And another

• Like 1

Posted
  • Location: SW of Sherborne. About a mile from the Somerset border.
  • Location: SW of Sherborne. About a mile from the Somerset border.

Yes, had two big rumbles here around 19.45.  The radar indicates that the lightning was between Ilminster and Yeovil.  Very little rain from the first line, but the second is about to hit.

Happy 2014 to you all on here.  I've learned a lot from you over the course of the year.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, tornados

Its hammering it down here, and my rubbish is, errmm, well down other end of street now... LoL

The dog won't go out, took one look at thought sod that and run back in

HaPpY NeW YeAr everyone, have a great and safe night..

Posted Image

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Proper seasonal weather but especially warm sunny summers.

hello, haven't been on the board for a while as have had difficult stuff going on but hopefully will be able to get back into weather watching again.  Happy new year to you all. 

We had flashes and rumbles earlier and had a sudden loud crack and our phone rang twice!  I'm assuming one of the poles on the track to our house was hit, it happened a few years back.  My prediction of a good summer came right and I was a happy bunny.  I did say I would put up with the lack of spring warmth if I could have a good summer, myself and the wildlife benefited from it.

Hope 2014 is a good one for you and hopefully i will be able to get on the board more often now.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Fair to Foul...

4.9c and good enough to end the year.

Happy New Year to all.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow (of course) Storms, Sunshine, everything begging with 'S'

OH my goodness this is the loudest thunder I have heard in many a month! It does sound like a bomb - what an exciting beginning to 2014!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms

Woooo! Thunder and lightning to end the year

• Like 1

Posted
  • Location: Henley on Thames 35m asl (Oxfordshire/Berkshire borders)
  • Weather Preferences: Exciting extremes - snow, wind, storms... love it all!
  • Location: Henley on Thames 35m asl (Oxfordshire/Berkshire borders)

Just a bit wet for the revellers out there tonight, though firework displays both east and west and a bunch of rowdy rowers next door!

Happy New Year to you, one and all, and may 2014 deliver good health, much happiness, peace and a good snowfall... late January, perhaps, followed by a pretty Spring, some warm drier Summer months, then some crispy, colourful Autumn days! Ah, perfect!

• Like 1

Posted

Happy New Year Netweather and followers.  Best firework display at 11.30pm here.  Just a few flashes and bangs but they were of the natural sort!!!  

Happy New Year Snowkissed.  And yes, I heard it ……… better than the fireworks in my opinion!!!!

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heat and thunderstorms, snow in winter

Great start to the new year, already our first thunderstorm accompanied by some insanely heavy rain and hail! Happy new year all!Posted Image 

• Like 2

Posted

Yes Happy new year all - hopefully this rash of Thunderstorms with the New Year is jus the start of an exciting year! We had to wait 15 minutes into the year for the T&L and have now got about 10mm of lying hail.

Edited by egret