Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West/Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion 15/12/13 18z ------>

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine and snow but not together

Hope you all had a good Christmas but if it's snow and ice you're after in the coming days, the outlook is truly shocking as my post indeed shows. http://forum.netweather.tv/topic/78787-model-output-discussion-17th-dec2013-12z-onwards/?p=2877073

Thanks GtLtw. Good to read in that I was wondering what was in store next few days. Off to Scotland on Sunday so I suspect to see some more extremes that ol Newbury weather wise. Thought the storm last night alot calmer than Monday although my fence didn't hold out too much more.. I say my fence although it is next doors it is on the right. Trouble is I have a 92 year ol neighbour! Know a good fencer fixer in Newbury who won't rip her off? Managed to temporarily shore it up to hopefully hold the next couple of storms but no more. Saw other neighbours out too today repairing lost tiles...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine and snow but not together

Quiet in here today, is this post Christmas gloom or the winterof 2013 grump?Onwards to January, a fresh year, and an early spring?

ooh and early spring wouldn't that be delux. Quite happily go past snow jail this winter and straight to sun with all these storms! ...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and sunny or cold and snowy. Nothing inbetween.

Mullender? When are you off skiing?! Always snows when u go remember! Lol!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: action weather

Lets all club together and send Mullender Ski ing then we can enjoy some snow ,i saw plenty of bumble bees yesterday .a fantastic hail storm and a partridge in a pear tree ,cheeers gang .Posted Image

Posted

ooh and early spring wouldn't that be delux. Quite happily go past snow jail this winter and straight to sun with all these storms! ...

I think we have February to get through first..

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Gales, frost, fog & snow

I see our very own West Country forecaster has got everyone excited in the MOD thread.

• Like 1

Posted

I should probably post the outlook as well now I've said that... It's the second outlook period (16-30 day) that holds the interest!

UK Outlook for Sunday 12 Jan 2014 to Sunday 26 Jan 2014:

Current indications suggest the unsettled start to January is more likely than not to persist through the middle to latter part of the month. This would mean spells of dull, wet and windy weather alternating with brighter but colder and showery periods, including some wintry showers. Some signs are also emerging suggesting temperatures being less mild in general terms than the last couple of weeks, and perhaps even significantly colder late in the month.

Updated: 1139 on Sat 28 Dec 2013

• Like 1

Posted

6C and bucketing down, 3mm - 15mm/he rate.

I was down in Owermoigne & and it was hissing down. Came back to our place and it had only 1mm, nothing ike we experienced as the roads were flooded to Wareham, yet beyond it was was less impact.

Posted
  • Location: SW of Sherborne. About a mile from the Somerset border.
  • Location: SW of Sherborne. About a mile from the Somerset border.

No rain here today...yet.  Lots of threatening clouds early afternoon, but they came to nothing.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

Nice bright sunny day here today and now the temperature is falling like a stone. Fast approaching 0C.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy Winters, Torrential Storm Summers

Showers just missed us here today, picked up 2.1mm.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

Anyone interested? Posted Image

I'm waiting until the New Year before I comment on such things but suffice to say there may be a wintry surprise lurking sometime soon. Posted Image Or not? Posted Image

Edited by gottolovethisweather

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy Winters, Torrential Storm Summers

Anyone interested? :D

Here today gone tomorrow, hoping mid jan onward we can get some decent cold in, now the strat looks like warming, although not a ssw event. Interesting times ahead hopefully, look at the warming at the end of the GFS

post-16760-0-67238500-1388306044_thumb.j

post-16760-0-81037700-1388308369_thumb.j

Edited by karlos1983

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snow and storms

Beautiful winters morning here, clear blue skies and first hard frost for ages. Low last night -4.3c, currently -2c . It's a shame it's back to wind and rain tonight !

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow, freezing rain, hail, thunderstorms!

Same here in South Somerset; really quite a thick frost, not had many at all this winter, as you say F1. Temp down to -2.3 and still only -1.9c now. If only we could squeeze 2 or 3 days of useable weather together - feel sorry for so many people flooded again.

• Like 1

Posted

Nice white start to the day, last one of the year?

Interesting how yesterday downpours, passed allowing such a good temperature drop, turning into a sunny start to the day, which in turn will eventually turn into something damp again.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Fair to Foul...

Frosty. Cold. Clear. Calm. 2.5c. Second sensor shaded  reads  0.3c.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk
It got down to 0.4C here, a nice frost, still white on the grass now.
Currently 3.5C and post-15177-0-90283600-1371639750.gif

Just saw that the MO put out an ice warning at 2am for parts of our region, very handy that.... Posted Image

Edited by Mapantz
  • Like 2