Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West/Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion 15/12/13 18z ------>

A.J

Posted

A proper white air frost this morning with -0.5c the min and pretty icy too! I wasn't expecting such a downpour yesterday evening! NW Radar precip type showing freezing rain showers over Somerset in the last several hours, any reports as to the accuracy of that or has there been snow?

Well I woke up at 6.30 ish, just after the precipitation had passed me, so I'm unsure what it was, but I think, for me, it was just rain!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

Nice to finally have a sub-zero minimum last night. -0.9C and frosty first thing and calm and sunny since. Although not 'particularly' cold as people have mentioned on the MO thread, this is how winter should be! Looks like there are some showers around in the Bristol Channel at the moment. Can see some pronounced hail shafts over in that direction.

Posted

Latest from Ian;

W COUNTRY The next bout of wet & windy weather arrives later this evening & on through tonight; @metoffice yellow warning for rain in force. Expect circa 10-20mm rain tonight fairly widely, especially southwards of Bristol-Swindon; locally 30mm e.g. Dorset, S Wilts. Winds gusting widely 40-50mph across all region; closer 60mph in exposure to W & to S (e.g. Dorset). Tree damage possible. However, it's the rainfall, albeit not excessive, likely to cause greatest issue given local ongoing sensitivity to flooding. The outlook continues further spells of wet-windy weather into next week, e.g. Sunday night-Monday AM; again Tuesday; & so-on... Further ahead, growing signs of somewhat colder/less mild conditions into early Jan frm periods of N/NW flow. But much uncertainty

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Gales, frost, fog & snow

As storm Dirk leaves us, storm Erich is now developing and on it's way to our shores tomorrow;

post-12721-0-72868500-1388062784_thumb.j

More wet & windy weather to further exacerbate the problems some of us still have;

post-12721-0-22434000-1388062823_thumb.jpost-12721-0-38189300-1388062833_thumb.j

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

Hope you all had a great Christmas. I'm in Florida for The hols and am gutted to have missed a "White Christmas".

It has been 80-85oC here all week, not my idea of fun but the rest of the family are loving it!!!

Hope you all had a great Christmas. I'm in Florida for The hols and am gutted to have missed a "White Christmas".

It has been 80-85oC here all week, not my idea of fun but the rest of the family are loving it!!!

Posted Image

I think you meant to say Fahrenheit? Unless your sat in a volcano? Posted Image

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sunny summers, cold snowy winters

Going to be a long night, wind starting to get up and not being able to get the roof fixed from Monday nights storm means I'm worried for additional damage.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine and snow but not together

Not do sure this will be as bad as Monday? Still haven't fixed the fence whichever Dad reminded me isnt mine anyway... It is the left side! ... But by goodness that was a hairy night.. Hoping it to be a lot calmer.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunder, strong winds

The wind is pretty strong but barely any rain to speak of. The radar suggests I may get away with it tonight, which is a good thing as there is a lot of flooding around here. Or is it going to pep up? Looks like most of it is over the channel.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, tornados

Gawd ....Round 2

Hopefully wont be as bad, however its the rain that is of more concern, due to already saturated ground i think the island may just float away during the night, if it does saves me buying ferry ticket to France Posted Image

stay safe guys, hope you all had a great Christmas and not ate too many mince pies.

• Like 1

Posted

Uf.  Not as bad as expected.  The friends were =expected for things to be BAD BAD BAD so I am happy go lucky! xxx    Head is in the clouds!!! :)

Phewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww  xx

• Like 1

Posted

Suprised how dry and quiet it is this morning after lasts nights storm.......again!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Fair to Foul...

So Happy. Not long saw rain/sleet and...wet SNOW.. Broken cloud now with a glimpse of sun. Gusts to 30.5 km/h. W.N.W.  Temperature now 6.9c.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow/thunderstorms

Dry but very windy here after very heavy rain in the early hours

Edited by island lad

Posted

Deep hail shower passing over.

Posted

Mega hailstorm that has turned the ground white!

post-12721-0-63620100-1388144142_thumb.j

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow/thunderstorms

Just taken dog for a walk. Looks like the eastern yar is going to burst its bank's, (again)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

Where was all the rain? Posted Image I looked at the models, I think they messed up on that one! Just 6mm fell here.

Currently 10C and post-15177-0-61534900-1371394602.gif

Posted

Yeah we didn't have as much rain as forecast, could see that was going to be the case from the radar yesterday evening. We had 5.8mm but even that caused a river response. 

Windy last night with a gust of 42mph here. Currently sunny again but just had a brief squally shower with bits of hail take the temp down from 10.6c to 8c.

On the 23rd-24th we had 44.6mm of rain according to the Davis in 24 hours, though that could have over-read slightly (manual totaled about 42mm though it's possible a bit of rain missed it due to very strong winds) Some flooding of the River Otter early morning, and saw the Rivers Axe and Clyst well over their floodplains.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

Chilly showery day today 5.5c

Had a lot of rain in the night though it woke me up!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

Got caught in a huge storm in Bristol at 11.30 - torrential hail, violent gusts of wind and the ground went white temporarily. Since then, blue sky and a lot calmer. Feeling chilly today though. More often than not the temperature seems to be higher overnight than during the day!

I'm not very impressed with N-W's radar though. It has showed all these showers as rain when actually most of them have been hail!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

Hope you all had a good Christmas but if it's snow and ice you're after in the coming days, the outlook is truly shocking as my post indeed shows.

http://forum.netweather.tv/topic/78787-model-output-discussion-17th-dec2013-12z-onwards/?p=2877073

Edited by gottolovethisweather
  • Like 1