Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West/Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion 15/12/13 18z ------>

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, tornados

Terrible conditions here on the island, im amazed still have power, so many reports coming in, i have information overload

Posted Image

Posted

Few random street lights seem to be out. Wobbling in the wind no doubt. Heard some glass smash in the distance, either that or a metal plate crashed in to something. Another 1-2 hours of this and any squall is we get them here. I just hope many of the old oaks in this bit of town survive yet another storm!

Posted

I have to go to bed.  Too much to do tomorrow to stay up for this now.

Night all. Stay safe.

just realised, it is Christmas EVE!!!Merry Christmas everyone :) 

-X-

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot, hot, hot! Or cold, cold, cold!

Holy poo, that was a good gust. No, definitely still in progress. Posted Image

Posted Image0100GMT 241213 NW v6 radar.png

Happy Christmas Eve all, enjoy it if you can. I'm off to bed shortly.

Wow, looking at that lot heading for Pompey! They'll be needing their sea legs.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

Looks a curious radar echo over Poole right now. Squall number three or four of or whatever it is in the last 24 hours, is heading for Dartmouth and Salcombe area as I type.

Edited by gottolovethisweather

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

BBC online again.

0117: Samuel Sly, in Poole emails: Sandbanks road nearly completely flooded, Poole park flooded. Most roads round Poole town starting to flood.

Posted

Right bed now, I must go to bed...........................

Look out parts of coastal Dorset during the next half hour. I think the wind might ramp up again for some others when the second band passes over but other than that it's a day of looking back at the memories (some happy some not so!) and fixing and tidying things up for a lot of us when the morning comes.

Night night.

Edited by gottolovethisweather

Posted

Still no let up in site, island roads are working round the clock to keep the island functioning, they are doing a great job and should be praised for all the hard work and effort they have put in today to keep our island on the go...Good Job guys Posted Image

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/1505040_401217913342231_1399346443_n.jpg

https://fbcdn-sphotos-d-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn2/1522305_401181350012554_1228115419_n.jpg

• Like 1

Posted
  • Location: Atherfield, 0.8 km from SW coast, Isle of Wight, 35m ASL
  • Location: Atherfield, 0.8 km from SW coast, Isle of Wight, 35m ASL

Still no let up in site, island roads are working round the clock to keep the island functioning, they are doing a great job and should be praised for all the hard work and effort they have put in today to keep our island on the go...Good Job guys Posted Image

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/1505040_401217913342231_1399346443_n.jpg

https://fbcdn-sphotos-d-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn2/1522305_401181350012554_1228115419_n.jpg

Wonderful guy ( Rob) just dropped me in a couple of dozen sandbags.  Just before the heavens opened again.  Awesome weather.

Posted

Yea, they have done an amazing job today/tonight, i shall be sending the team a HUGE thank-you later today. They have worked there butts off today.

Im heading off, have to be at work some point today if i can get there

Stay safe guys please

Been a truly horrendous day for the Island

But we all pulled together and made the Islands roads safe

Night all, stay safe, take care and dont venture out unless absolutely necessary

Edited by Cyclonic

Posted

Westbury and Warminster areas look hmmm. interesting according to latest radar grabs, I do wonder?

Lights flickering madly here too now.

I was woken at 11.30 and around 02.00, the latter to an incredible roaring sound nearby as wind presumably surged through the woodland on the nearby edge of Salisbury Plain.

I checked my weather records last night, my previous 24 hour highest is 47.5mm in August 2011 which means that from 19.00 last night I will have needed 17mm more to set a new record - the result will be known in 45 mins!

• Like 1

Posted

Well that sure was a windy night.

We had 28mm of rain yesterday and 18mm today.

Highest gust was 68mph at 11pm.

Rain stopped around 3am along with the strong wind

Hoping for a calm Christmas break and then ready for more on Friday.

Have a great Christmas everyone!

Edited by lettice
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine and snow but not together

Morning all.. Hmm that was an interesting night.. Anyway looks to be a bit of a mess out there.. lots of disruptions on the roads, airports and public transport... hmm n my Dad will have to fix my fence it seems today.. http://m.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-25498335

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine and snow but not together

Just a quick one... Whilst we think that it maybe call over cos the storm has stopped keep an eye on the flooding situation- run offs from the storm will increase flooding risks for many..

Posted

A further 27mm in my gauge meaning a new record 24 hour total of 58mm since I got my first rain gauge 7 years ago. Put into perspective by the staggering totals from elsewhere!

A very benign, dry and partly cloudy morning with half moon shining, 5.2c .

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: The fabled channel low

OK then yesterdays rain total for this location

5.34 inches or 135mm.

Lucky I finished the ark last week.......

Now the drive to work awaits

• Like 1

Posted
  • Location: SW of Sherborne. About a mile from the Somerset border.
  • Location: SW of Sherborne. About a mile from the Somerset border.

Total for last 24 hours is 66mm, that's 15mm over my previous record in 1999.

OH has just gone off to Sherborne, so I shall know more about the state of the roads in a little while.  I shall wander down to the Yeo at the bottom of the hill later to see how that is too.

Posted

Woke up and done a bit of xmas food shopping this morning, fence panels are down some tree's are down, bus shelter windows were blown out when drove past, this one was worse here than st jude for sure. 

Posted

Topped out at 55.7mm, my maximum daily total since my station started running some 7 years ago.

Any chance of a new thread for Xmas day and beyond?

Edited by Dorsetbred
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: None Really but a snow lover deep down

Yesterdays storm has left and my data reveals that it was the windiest day I have experienced in my current location which is 7 years and the most rainfall in a day for at least 15 years. I recorded two 59mph gusts, one at 1pm and the other around 10:00 last night. Yesterday's rain amassed 49mm and the highest 24 hour total up to 7am this morning was 57mm. No visual damage to our property but it has had an indirect effect on me in as much as I am unable to update my website this morning due to power failures at my servers end in the SE of England.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

That only covers 6pm last night to 6am this morning. I am sure the total rainfall would have been greater.

Ah, yes! That makes sense, I missed that detail out. Oops! :)