Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West/Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion 15/12/13 18z ------>

A.J

Posted

Whoaa; the most insane rainfall in Gloucester for past 15 minutes! In addition to heavy falls all day; impressive storm indeed and sure to be causing surface flooding all over the city

I can acknowledge that ! Horrendous here at Quedgeley just south of Gloucester. Cloudburst like conditions !

John

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe weather enthusiast

Oh wow the rainfall here has just gone so intense it sounds scary!!

Must be that squall overhead and it is taking a while to go through due to it's more NE'erly track rather than the usual W to E. 

Surface flooding already being reported through S Glos into Gloucestershire just to my North.

Phone mast has been cut off - all mobile network coverage in my local area has been wiped out. Lights are flickering now and again also!

Rainfall rate being recorded at 1.046mm a MINUTE.

Edited by Chris K
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold WInters, Hot & Thundery Summers

Accumulated rainfall totals past 24 hours, not surprising to hear about the flooding above.

Although very sorry to hear about that, a terrible time of year for this to happen as well.

Posted ImageRadar 1.JPG

Posted ImageRadar 2.JPG

Thanks for posting J10, that line from Helston to Truro then NE to Callington area vividly shows the effect a squall line can have .

Hope everyone keeps safe tonight, just clearing Newton Abbot now, what a day.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow snow cold weather and storms

Any more rain for ryde tonight wind still horrendous gonna be big problems in the morning

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine and snow but not together

And to think there was only an amber warning.. Oh Gawd wind has picked up more... No chance of sleep for me.. Fence please stay..

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, tornados
Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy Winters, Torrential Storm Summers

And to think there was only an amber warning.. Oh Gawd wind has picked up more... No chance of sleep for me.. Fence please stay..

I will not be happy if my fence goes, only dug the posts in 2 weeks ago!! 

Really windy now, not going out it's to crazy. Bet the sea looks awesome, but this storms deserves respect!

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional
Posted

The IOW is clearly not the place to be today but I guess those scenes are sadly going to be repeated across many other parts of the South too. To think it's the Northwest's turn tomorrow as well. Not pleasing weather for some that's for sure.

Yes, with the rain totals we are seeing, it will be widespread. The River Stour had already burst its banks this morning, so god knows what I'll be greeted by tomorrow morning on my way to work. A different route i suspect

Posted

Oh wow the rainfall here has just gone so intense it sounds scary!!

Must be that squall overhead and it is taking a while to go through due to it's more NE'erly track rather than the usual W to E. 

Surface flooding already being reported through S Glos into Gloucestershire just to my North.

Phone mast has been cut off - all mobile network coverage in my local area has been wiped out. Lights are flickering now and again also!

Rainfall rate being recorded at 1.046mm a MINUTE.

let us know if your wind speed drops once its gone through

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

Staying up for this squall as this thing will be something else no doubt. Slower moving than the last squall so far but Cirencester, Malmesbury, Bath Southwestwards look likely to be hit over the coming few minutes.

post-7183-0-29685000-1387842653_thumb.pn

Hype or over-hype I'm glad the media have made this storm their headline story but sadly it will dominate the coming headlines too.

Edited by gottolovethisweather
  • Like 1

Posted

Wind and rain have picked up again now - looks like a bit more to come. Looks angry on the radar.

Edited by Erbyskerby

Posted

I'm at my parents in Swindon for Christmas and I've just been down to the Coate Water roundabout to have a look at what the flooding is like down there.Looks like nobody will be going through the subways any time soon!

post-9221-0-50092500-1387842814_thumb.jppost-9221-0-37913900-1387842824_thumb.jppost-9221-0-43953500-1387842834_thumb.jp

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine and snow but not together

Yep me also staying awake.. But mainly cos I can't sleep cos it is so noisy. Don't know what it is like by you GTLTW but it is bonkers here at Manor Park.. Flipping heck... Lights flickering and if is whistling through.

• Like 2

Posted

now passed 50mm of rain for today!!! WOWZERS pressure 976mb

• Like 1

Posted

Yep me also staying awake.. But mainly cos I can't sleep cos it is so noisy. Don't know what it is like by you GTLTW but it is bonkers here at Manor Park.. Flipping heck... Lights flickering and if is whistling through.

Another couple hours of madness yet PB I guess before relatively calmer conditions are restored. 33.8mm and counting, 974.2mb and 10.8c right now. Fence panels and bits of plastic strewn across the road even here in my sheltered valley.

• Like 1

Posted

Gone very silent out there now after that squall went through can hardly hear anything! 

Posted

I'm actually pretty scared now...hoping the trees all around us won't come down.......we won't survive if that happens as we are just wooden...the noise is awful...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunder, strong winds

The two squall lines have almost merged, the first took ages to pass through, just getting the tail end of the second one now.

Posted

Today's state of affairs from Newbury, Berkshire.

post-7183-0-79097300-1387843312_thumb.pn

• Like 1

Posted

Quite easily as bad as it's been in Southampton all day. There was a huge flash at the docks, and all the lights went out - only to quickly come back on. Assuming a sub station got hit by something.

Posted

gone a bit stupid out there!!!!!!!!!

lucky sod living in evercreech by the way - right by my all time favourite place Pilton :D